Working or not on client-side

Hi,

Do you know this kind of menu tabs:

I need to build a web application to register some customers like that Outlook screen shot.

I found out a interesting article which uses a client-side script.
Question is: is it recommended for that case?

Thanks for any help

Best regards,

Ivan Andrade
0
Roberot

Any time you are trying to create a menu, or tab type control, you will want to use client-side script to interact with it. You don't want to have to make a round trip to the server every time your control does anything.

smtraber
Victory is mine!!
0
smtraber

working on a web form how to have two datagrid side by side
curretly started to work with the web developer express, in the form when I am trying to design a form and trying to have two data controls side by side, the later one move under the first one. But what I am trying to accomplish is that I want both of them side by side  for example  "a|a"   here "a" is next to "a" not underneath.  sure there must be lot of help. : )  always learning little things to be big If I understood what you need the solution is simple HTML: <table>       <TR>      &n...

Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.
Hi! I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form. Pls. extend ur help. Thanx. What are you expecting to happen? How are you trying to run the exe files? Where do you expect it to run? Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights...

How do I have a web based Client Side Application in .net?
 Is there any way to do this in .net?  Have a Client Side Web Based Client Side application.  similar to Page Designers in VB6? Is it possible?  ORLets say your app was server side but the client lost network connection somehow how would you take the data in the form and resend it when the server came back?   Rico Rodriguez Doesn't really work like that. Most web applications are stateless, but with ASP.NET you can do things to help with that. If someone wanted to run ASP.NET on their client, they'd have to have IIS installed - something most u...

Screen shot of client side web form
How can i capture the web form on the client machine? Thanks for any help!!! Alt-PrintScreen keyboard keys and then paste in word or outlook email.LolliDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. I think that's the only way to do it for websites. Some people have written built-in screenshot capturing software when an exception occurs, but that's only for winforms as far as I know off. Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog ...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

dropdowndw properties not working on .net web forms 11.5
Hi. I am using a datawindow that has many dropdownDW, where i would like the dropdown portion show more data then when something is selected. I would use the width percentage in of the dropdown to set this in a application. But when i set this property or any other size properties, on the web it dosn't listen and just defaults and will only show the dropdown data the width of the dropdown. Stuff like size dosn't work either. I could under stand that since it is on the web it cannot do these things. But we also have datawindow.net and have a .net application us...

Highlighting web form fields on validation error events (client-side)
Have anybody eventualy did that? This is a nice feature when the web form highlights it's input fields and/or lables for that fields if they are not validated (client-side). Unfortunatly, there is no such build-in functionality in ASP.NET 2.0 validation controls. But i'm quite sure that's it's possible to make on your own, what do you think?Perhaps an additional js script shoud be added on the buttom of the page which will redefine one or more functions of original js code.Any comments, thoughts, suggestions?My LinkedIn Profile - ASP.NET C# Ninja | My News Feeds Turned out that it's quite ...

System.web.UI doesn't work in VB.Net Form?
 Hi, I downloaded a little example recently and tried converting it to VB.Net.  Surprisingly I found that while my VB Web projects and CSharp Windows Form projects work with System.web.UI, VB Windows Forms don't seem to. Is there any way I can use System.web.UI features with a windows form? This is the code I'm trying to convert to VB:   using System.IO;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI;// render the DataGrid control to a fileusing(StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(textBox1.Text)){ using(HtmlTextWriter hw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw)) { g...

Access web form content from client side HTML file using javascript
I have two browser windows open, one an html file residing on the client and one an aspx page served up by the web server. Neither window is related to the other; neither one opened the other. Is it possible for javascript on the html file which resides on the user's local computer to "read" any of the information from the other open window? Ideally, I'd like to read a hidden input field from the web page. The solution only has to work in IE 6 and 7. Thanks in advance. Man, this sounds more like a virus, like spyware... Why do you need to do such thing? What I want is to open ne...

Client-side validation works, but server-side does not.
Hey all,I have got this text box control on my webform, which has two validators.. 1. RegularExpressionValidator and 2. CustomValidator.Now, RegularExpressionValidator control works if I enable client-script. But somehow it does not work for server-side validation. Any idea why this is happening? This happens to another textbox control on other web form as well which has similar coding. So, to enable the validation at present I can only do client-side validation I guess.  1 <TD> 2 <anthem:TextBox id="txtDatePlannedSurgery" CssClass="aspText" Runat="server" AutoCal...

ScriptManager Work in Client side and not Work in server
 i have this line in my site            ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me, Me.GetType(), "script", "call3();", True)when i run my site in client (my computer) its workbut when i copy my site to server not work or function call3(); not callinghow can i solve my problem thanks for alltareq  Hi,tareqmr I am afraid we cannot find out the exact root cause without further information captured when the problem occurs. To troubleshoot this issue, we really need more source code to reproduce the problem...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web resources about - Working or not on client-side - asp.net.web-forms

Client-side scripting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... different and changing content depending on user input, environmental conditions (such as the time of day), or other variables. Client-side ...

Senior Search Manager - Client Side!!
... strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology. Senior Search Manager - Client Side ...

Account Manager - Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!

Media Sales Executive - Client Side!!
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

PPC Paid Search Manager - CLIENT SIDE
Defining Technology for Australia's IT Leaders. PPC Paid Search Manager - SEM - **CLIENT SIDE** Sydney CBD Location Client side!! SEM/PPC/Paid ...

How Basecamp Next got to be so damn fast without using much client-side UI
When we started working on Basecamp Next last year, we had much internal debate about whether we should evolve the existing code base or rewrite ...

Seven Tips for Pitching From the Client's Side of the Table
I had a chance to sit on the other side of the pitch table. Here is what I learned.

Client-side coding: How to prevent malicious use?
Applications that run on a user-controlled device cannot be perfectly protected.

The client side
... regarding the professionals you seek to assist. Even better if you possess that understanding yourself, having worked on the client side. I'm ...

Ecommerce traffic being hijacked by client side malware
According to new research 15 to 30 percent of eCommerce site visitors are infected with Client Side Injected Malware (CSIM) that causes them ...