windows 2003 and VS.Net 2003 problem ?

i have installed windows 2003 and after that i installed VS.Net 2003

but when i am developing windows application with VS.Net then it is running but when
i am going to work with asp.net then i am getting error message.even when i type localhost
in the address bar of IE then no pages come but IIS is running.IIS is chaged in win 2003,
which i could not fix.please help me to run asp.net app on windows 2003 platform.
0
newbie_

Is IIS is installed in WIN2003 box? and if so do you enabled 1.1 extensitions in webservice extensitions of IIS? If not that could be the problem!
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
10/21/2004 11:51:26 AM
By default W2003 is quite secure out of the box unlike previous W versions. I've yet to have to configure a W2003 box but I would speculate this is your issue.
Mike Schellenberger - MCAD
0
schellem
10/21/2004 12:34:19 PM
By default you won't get IIS in Win2003 box? That's why I asked that question!
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark

VS .Net 2003 remote web project, windows xp & windows server 2003 setup
Hi everyone, I have a windows server 2003 setup as a server with IIS 6 & VS 2003 .Net I created an account programmatically for a user with frontpage extensions 2002. The accont works fine when using VS Studion .Net 2003 on the server machine however when I try to create a web project using a windows xp client machine with VS .Net 2003 it fails with a combination of "this user is not a member of the author group" (the user is setup as an administrator on the server and also has administrator front page author privilege) & the user has correct inheritable privileges on th...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Can I buy VB .NET 2003 instead of VS .NET 2003?
Hi if I code my web applications using just Visual Basic can I buy Visual Basic .NET 2003 instead of having to buy the whole Visual Studio .NET 2003?  Will that work the same?  Thanks Hi,     When I got VB.NET 2003, it included VS.NET 2003 (Standard Edition).  I don't think there is a version of VB.NET 2003 that doesn't include VS.NET as the IDE.  While there are some projects templates that are not include in the standard edition, you still have the ASP.NET web application, web service, win forms, etc..., projects available.  If you are asking...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

ADO dataset with VS.NET 2003 and Windows 2003
Hi all, Just wanted to share my solution with some of you to the login failed problem and others... I've been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out this piece of (use your imagination). Anyways, I was able to get the CR.NET report to run on my XP workstation using the instructions provided at: http://support.crystaldecisions.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/vbnet_win_classicado.exe.asp?ref=devzone_netzone_howto However, when I migrated the project to my windows 2003 server with multiple websites running on it, I was unable to get it working. I tried adding various msm f...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

opening a solution file in VS.NET 2003 ( in Windows Server 2003)
Hi, I could not open a visual studio 2002 solution file (ASP.NET application) in Visual Studio 2003. VS.NET simple hangs up with message "Contacting web server" in Windows Server 2003. If i tweak something on IIS Default web site folder, i get different message like "web access failed", "could not map <localfolder> to http://localhost". I have gone through various forums and applied almost all suggested solutions like 0. tweaking ".sln" file 1. deleting VSWEBCache files 2. renaming the web.config file 3. added temp MIME metadata...

VS .NET 2003 crush with APPLET tag (Windows 2003 server)?!?
I have Visual Studio .NET 2003 (v. 7.1.xxxx) running on Windows 2003 server. When i try to insert APPLET tag in HTML mode into an ASP.NET page my Visual Studio crushs on attempt to switch to Design mode. There is same problem with all ASP.NET pages with <APPLET></APPLET> There isn't problem do similarly thing on Windows XP. Any ideas? Thx ...

Web resources about - windows 2003 and VS.Net 2003 problem ? - asp.net.web-forms

The Windows Blog

Windows doesn't top the vulnerability list for 2015, but Microsoft as a whole does
... Microsoft, the company didn't do terribly. Internet Explorer was the most vulnerable browser, but Chrome and Firefox were on its heels. Windows ...

The view from my window, just now...
The view from my window, just now...

Here's what Microsoft has planned for Windows in 2016
Windows is still Microsoft's most important product. After a tough year, the company has managed to fix many of the issues that bugged users, ...

What Apple could learn from Windows 10
Microsoft sought reinvent its flagship operating system with Windows 10 by backing away from some of the extreme user interface changes that ...

Windows 95 on a Nintendo 3DS is as strange as you'd think
... putting PC software on wholly impractical devices isn't stopping with the new year, folks. GBATemp fan Shutterbug2000 has managed to get Windows ...

Microsoft's Windows 10 Is Catching Up to Windows XP
Helping Microsoft end the year on a good note, Windows 10 is coming close to surpassing Windows XP in the desktop OS market.

Microsoft Warns Windows 7 Has Serious Problems
Microsoft reveals 'risk' and 'peril' facing the world's most popular operating system...