Why I can't bind a Datasource to an ImageButton's ImageURL Property?

Why I can't bind a CodeBehind method's return value to an ImageButton's ImageURL Property while a CSS Link can be work fine with the same method in the same Web Form?

I have DataBind() method in my Page_Load subroutine
the method in code behind is:
Protected Function AppRootURL() As String
Return ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("AppRoot")
End Function
the Html code is:
<LINK media=Screen
href="<%# AppRootURL() %>/Skins/SkinA/SkinAStyle.css" type=text/css
rel=StyleSheet>
<asp:imagebutton id=ibnShowStartCalendar runat="server" ImageUrl="<%# AppRootURL() %>/images/Arrow/button.gif"></asp:imagebutton>
0
jmfei

If your ImageButton is a server side control, you can set the "ImageUrl" property in codebehide page.
jimmym
10/7/2003 4:52:00 AM
Yes I work. But the Property is 'ImageURL' not 'URL',I put it into the Page_Load subroutine and it worked thank you jimmym.
0
jmfei

How to bind GridView's DataSource to an object's List<T> property??
Hi all, I really hope someone has a solution for this. I'm using ObjectDataSource throughout my project. I have an Order class which has, among other properties, a List<Product> ProductList property and a GetProductList method. I use GridView template field to present a list of Orders. For each column, I can, for example, bind a textbox to the OrderID property of my underlying Order object. I can achieve this by simply clicking the textbox's datbindings and associate the Text property to the exposed OrderID field in the underlying Order object. This works fine. I now ...

It's all very fuzzy now...can make web request(?) but definately can't get web response from web service
Alas...trying to get a web service response from a web service that is part of the web site in Visual Studio.Net 3.5 appears to be impossible.  Infact, I've been ALL over the internet over the past couple of days looking at all types of fragmentory examples in all types of Microsoft languages to no avail. =========QUESTION:=========1.  How do I call a web service (the function to call is "WebService_BulkData") so that my aspx page will send it a SOAP request and print out the web service response data to the page?  The aspx page AND the web service are part of t...

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

Can't open doc's across PO's in "live" mode over the web...
Using GWise 6.5, NetWare 6.0 The POA's are NAT'd through our firewall. In our production environment we have 4 POA's with approx. 30 libraries spread out among them. The libraries are created under the PO's. Each PO has it's own set of libraries and does both email & library processing. In our test environment, I have 1 PO for email only (no libraries) and another PO for documents only (no email) with a library created under it. The following error happens in both environments: When users are logged into GWise from outside the LAN in "live...

Security startup's creed: you can't hack what you can't see
Security software startup Trusted Network Technologies Inc. is expected to come out of hiding this week. But it hopes its customers will appreciate the ability to make their networks and critical information systems more clandestine. The company is expected to disclose today that it has received $6 million in first-round funding from Charles River Ventures and Flagship Ventures, and it will unveil its access-management app, Identity, which sports a sneaky twist. According to company founder and CEO Stephen Gant, the app provides user access control by embedding a two-factor identity--o...

Can't figure out what's wrong with mail URL's
I have a problem in that when I click a URL within my mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) - it downloads HTML and then displays it in IE with an address of C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp\name of HTML file This means that none of the associated images etc are displayed. The only way I can get the site to load properly is to copy and paste the URL into IE directly. Previously I was using Mozilla Firebird as my default browser. Anyone know what is going on here? Thanks! XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 Paul Jackson <jackson.p.g@ayte...

Dropdownlist on website
When I access an application written in asp.net 2.0 on my pc (uses XP) and on a laptop (using Vista), I can type into the dropdownlist to search for a record.  But other pc's (using XP) do not allow the user type to do a search.  Only the first letter of the word or the drop down are available to do a search.   Does anyone know why it would work with some pc's but not on others? I think this behaviour is in IE 7, check to see what versions of IE the PC's have that done work.-------------------------------------------------------...

Why can't change transaction object property 'Autocommit' to 'true'
I create a component in Jaguar CTS 3.5 the component create a datastore, and connect using transaction object, but I have to change the transaction object property 'autocommit' from "false" to "true", but it doesn't work......the property is still "false", can anybody tell me why? thanks a lot! Because you should never touch this. Since EAS is likely starting a transaction it is resetting this. You should look into the documentation on how EAS manages transactions. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "michael" ...

I can add a property just fine, but I can't 'Edit'
Here is my dilemma. Our company has three levels of user - Exec, Staff, and Nonperson (i.e. an account that represents a role and not an individual - such as 'administrator'). Currently this information is in nested groups - i.e. there is an 'Exec' group that contains 'ny-exec' and 'la-exec', etc. I wrote a script that set the 'employeeType' attribute for members of one of these groups. This code worked fine, here is a snippet: Dim type As String = IIf(exec.Checked, "Executive", "Staff") Dim individual As DirectoryEntry = root 'Root is the person's ...

I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening
Name: Bradley Crees Product: Shiretoko Summary: I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening Comments: every time I open firefox it opens a tab with http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.1b1/whatsnew/ I can't stop it coming up, and it's affecting my ocd Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

Can't 'Add Web Reference' of Java AXIS Web Service!
Hi All, I'm trying to consume a web service written in AXIS, but am having serious issues. Namely, when I try to add it as web reference, I get to a web page that displays: "MyWebServiceName, Hi there, this is an AXIS service!, Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here... "  I do have wsdl file of the web service, however when I try to manually create the proxy I get several binding errors and the process fails. Also, the web service does not seem to accept POST as I always seem to be getting http 500 errors. At this point I have no idea what else to t...

Web resources about - Why I can't bind a Datasource to an ImageButton's ImageURL Property? - asp.net.web-forms