Where to get a Forum/BBS that's open source?

I'm trying to incoporate a BBS into our portal (IBuySpy - heavily modified). I downloaded the ASPNetForums BBS, however, it appears that all the logic/backend stuff is compiled into a .dll where I can't make any modifications.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a BBS that utilizes SQL 2000/Stored Procs and is a .NET Solution where the logic is open and able to be changed?
Thanks!
0
label

The asp.net forums download includes the full sourcecode.
0
Andy
8/14/2003 5:37:06 PM
Yeah, after doing some additional reading I'm figuring that out. It's just a bit weird they way they have seperated out the business logic and database logic out from the presentation layer through user of a composite control.

Not sure I like that paradigm as it seems a bit more complex of a solution.....perhaps it's being complex just for the sake of being complex because someone can, I dunno.
In any case I guess I'll have to go ahead and pick up C# finally as the source code's all written in that language. No big deal I suppose, just a bit different syntax to learn.
0
label
8/14/2003 9:16:28 PM

phpBB has a simple, user-friendly interface, a helpful FAQ and a generous administrator control panel.
You can choose the databases server (MySQL, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL or Access/ODBC), the functionalities (at first I was a little discouraged by the mods installation process but I found great support on the online community and the documentation they provide answered all my questions) the skins... Everything is customizable so you can create the forum you wish.

If you haven't got much time, and want to see what the new phpbb3 can offer, just try it out on this host : free forums

Hope this can help!

0
Plouplou

How to get HTML Source of web page opened by web browser using vb.net
hello friends,         i have opened an web browser in vb.net using the below code Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim nullObject As System.Object = 0 Dim str As String = "" Dim nullObjStr As System.Object = str Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor Dim i As Int16 For i = 1 To 2 AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=test&meta=", True) AxWebBrowser1.Document. Next Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default End Sub  ...

Can't get the source stepping to work with the System.web.pdb's
it used to worki'm running 3.5ps and vs2008 sp1...I've read thishttp://blogs.msdn.com/sburke/archive/2008/01/16/configuring-visual-studio-to-debug-net-framework-source-code.aspxI've read thishttp://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/debugstart.mspxI've deleted/restarted/deleted so many times with no success..My  mscorlib.dll    is2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)    11/24/2008 9:47 PMWhich I realize is above 2.0.50727.1433So maybe it's just doomed to not work right now.... Maybe the pdb for it just isn't available..It downloads...

Can't open doc's across PO's in "live" mode over the web...
Using GWise 6.5, NetWare 6.0 The POA's are NAT'd through our firewall. In our production environment we have 4 POA's with approx. 30 libraries spread out among them. The libraries are created under the PO's. Each PO has it's own set of libraries and does both email & library processing. In our test environment, I have 1 PO for email only (no libraries) and another PO for documents only (no email) with a library created under it. The following error happens in both environments: When users are logged into GWise from outside the LAN in "live...

It's all very fuzzy now...can make web request(?) but definately can't get web response from web service
Alas...trying to get a web service response from a web service that is part of the web site in Visual Studio.Net 3.5 appears to be impossible.  Infact, I've been ALL over the internet over the past couple of days looking at all types of fragmentory examples in all types of Microsoft languages to no avail. =========QUESTION:=========1.  How do I call a web service (the function to call is "WebService_BulkData") so that my aspx page will send it a SOAP request and print out the web service response data to the page?  The aspx page AND the web service are part of t...

Mozilla get's no style tag's from .net server.
I made a webform in web matrix, and it looks fine in IE. If I open the same link whit Mozilla, it looks like a disaster. When I look at the HTML source, there are no style tags as in IE. But when I save the HTML source from IE (the one whit style tags) and open it in Mozilla, it looks perfect. So the onley reason the webform looks wrong in Mozilla, is because the .net server detects Mozilla and not IE and sends a style less HTML source. Wy? Mozilla does support style tags. Is there a solution for this bug? Or is this a uh.. feature? ..Mivz Update, I have got some more info. It is ...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Open file in browser or application getting the page's name as the file's name
Hi, I'm am trying to get a file to open in either a browser or application depending on the mime type. I'am using the following code in the page load. protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){ if (!IsPostBack)    { DocumentInfo document = (DocumentInfo)Session["View_Document"]; StreamFile(document.Document, document.DocumentName, document.FileType.MimeType); } } }private void StreamFile(byte[] fileData, string originalFileName, string mimeType) { try { Response.Clear(); Response.ContentType = mimeType; Response.AddHeader("Con...

When exiting a video playing with .wmv, you click the upper right "x" and you don't get back to the web homepage, you get stuck with a white, empty page. Explorer doesn't do that. It's an irritant f
Name: David Morgan Email: Dave_at_NewsCarsonCity.com Product: Firefox Summary: When exiting a video playing with .wmv, you click the upper right "x" and you don't get back to the web homepage, you get stuck with a white, empty page. Explorer doesn't do that. It's an irritant for those of us who want to use Mozilla, period. Comments: See summary. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Getting a web form's properties to a Custom User Control
Ok. This is hopefully a simple question that someone could help me out on. I've researched but only found out how to get a user control properties to a web form. Problem:  Anyway, I have created a custom user control (Help button with a menu extender) which will be used on several pages. The menu that extends from the button will not be static, so I will want to load the right data (from my xml file) depending on which page the help button is on. For example, my custom user control will be on pages news and the other on media. Now, when the user control loads on the news page, I need ...

How to send http request including POST's or GET's Data and triggering the event of web pgae!
http://svr1/Login.aspx <Html>...<Body><form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"><asp:TextBox id="txtUserName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><asp:TextBox id="txtPwd" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><asp:Button id="btnLogin" runat="server" Text="Login"></asp:Button><asp:Label id="Label1" runat="server"> </asp:Label></form></Body></Html> Codebehind Login.aspx.cs…private void btnLogin_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e){if((txtUserName.Text=="Peter")&&(txtPwd.Text=="1234")){Label1.Text="succe...

How to programatically access another web site's form and get the data?
Hello,I need to write a script that will send a POST to a web site's form and then accept the CSV file that it will return.  I can go onto the web site and enter my username, password and a month from a drop down to get a CSV file of data but I would like to program a web form on my Admin site that will do this for me by pressing a button as I want to process the results and add to a database.Any thoughts on how to start?Thanks Well sounds like what you need to start is creating an object of this login screen, pressing the login button and then changing the drop down to the corre...

getting today's date to appear on the .net web calendar control
try as I have i cannot get the today's date displayed at the bottom of my web calendar control.  is there any special option i should set on my calendar control properties ? Hi, what did you mean by at the bottom of my web calendar control ? Is is highlighting the day number of current date? Try this,Calendar1.SelectedDay = DateTime.NowCorrect me if I misunderstood your question. :)Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com hi,   I can see the selected date eg if if do what you say:    Calendar1.Se...

The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.
Hii, When I tried to bind dropdownlist to database by declaring connection string in the code behind file I am getting this error: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.Source Error: An...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Web resources about - Where to get a Forum/BBS that's open source? - asp.net.web-forms