Where are my web controls? Uh-oh, where's my web page?

What shall I do?  I've taken an html page, provided by another person, and replaced the html controls with asp webcontrols.  I've adjusted the pages meta data and headers to reflect the vb codebehind.  All asp web controls are also contained in a form with runat="server".  Here's the kicker.  When I look at the form in design view, it's all there, however, when I run it from my browser--no web controls :(

I found a forum user that successfully fixed this problem by running aspnet_regiis.exe -i from WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705. I did the same and now when I attempt to access the web page in my browser, I get:
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed....
....HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer
Anyone with some encouraging words or direction?
Thanks,
Dan
0
dan1967

I think first we need to determine if there is a problem with the page, or something more widespread.  Try adding a new webform to the project, add a couple controls, and run it.  Does it display properly?
Tania

ASP.NET Team

taniam
11/21/2003 10:42:53 PM
I still get:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed....
....HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer
0
dan1967

web web web

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

Access Web Control's property within the Web Form
Hello, I have a Web Control which has a TextBox and a Button. I want to put this Control on a WebForm, then put some text in a Control's TextBox, press on Control's Button and be able to access text box's value from within the Web Form. That's my Control: _________________________________________________ public class Colo : System.Web.UI.UserControl { protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox TextBox1; protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Button1; public string Myval{ get{return (string)ViewState["myval"];} set{ViewState["myval"] = va...

Blank web pages with Trillian's user web pages?
Is anyone else having this problem too? Flash v10.0 r32 loads, but no datas show up after that. Examples: http://www.trillian.im/users/vedran and http://www.trillian.im/users/antdude ... Both showed nothing in both Mozilla's SeaMonkey v1.1.17 and Firefox v2.0.0.20. No problems in Internet Explorer v6.0 SP2. Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ants are back Ted!" --Dougal from Father Ted TV show. /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net \...

how to add theme for a web page when it's calling form windows application using Web Request class
Hi Everybody, I want to apply theme for a web page when it's calling from windows application using web Request class. Here is the code in windows applicationpublic static string GetPageHTML(string url) {string strHtml = String.Empty; try {Uri uri = new Uri(url); WebRequest resq = WebRequest.CreateDefault(uri);WebResponse resp = null;StreamReader sr; resq.Timeout = 99999999; resq.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;resq.PreAuthenticate = false; resp = resq.GetResponse();sr = new StreamReader(resp.GetResponseStream()); strHtml = sr.ReadToEnd(); }catc...

Modify Web Control in Function by Passing in Web Control's ID as Parameter
Good day to all, I am trying to modify web controls through functions by passing in their ID as the parameter so that I can call the function whether a control's properties need to be modify. The rough idea I have is as follows: (Function, In VB) Function ModifyTextboxText(Byval SampleTextbox) SampleTextBox.text = "Textbox contents changed." End function (Calling the function) ModifyTextboxText(MyTextbox.id) Has anyone got any idea how I could proceed with the coding? Appreciate any help around here. Its for my school project. Thanks!...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Web control in web control

Web resources about - Where are my web controls? Uh-oh, where's my web page? - asp.net.web-forms