when i load control dynamically i cannot get server control's clientid in javascript

i load control dynamically from codebehind, in one placeholder,

i put javascript  validations for pages,

but i cannot get servercontrol's clientid in javascript function, also when i see the "view source" of page, i cannot find those servercontrols which load dynamically,

is there any solution to do this??

thanks

VISHAL PAREKH
0
vrparekh

 When you load your control, please add an ID on it ex:
TextBox txt = new TextBox();
txt.ID = "MyID";

Then on your script you can point to this txt.ClientID
Hope this help

Cheers
Andy

Remember to mark this as answered if this solved your problem
http://www.dnnpages.com
0
cmsonnet
7/31/2008 12:24:12 PM

 thanks andy,

first i try on my sample code and it works,

now i am going to try it on my main code, hope it will work,

i will let you know,

Thanks

VISHAL PAREKH
0
vrparekh
7/31/2008 1:08:00 PM

Hi vrparekh,

You can use "ControlID.ClientID" like the following code in the javascript.

var txt=document.getElementById("<%=txt1.ClientID%>");

It will be ok.

Sincerely,
Hua Jun Li
Hua

Trying to load user control Dynamcially but getting error " Control 'ctl02_GridView1' of type 'GridView' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server"
I am tired of this error and now writing a post.  My Web application has two pages. Page one has drop down list which redirect the page to another page . where I am going to load the usercontrol dynamically according to the choice of the user.     protected void ddlViewReport_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)  { if (ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex == 1) { Session["ReportType"] = ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex; Response.Redirect("RepReportingPage.aspx"); int crosspagevalue = ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex; } if (ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex == 2) {...

finding Server Control's ClientID when calling web service with javascript
Hi:I am trying to call a web service using the ajax javascript. I have a button and when it is clicked I will envoke a javascript function to call a webservice. Before I invoke the proxy I need to collect input data form controls to pass in as parameters.  The problem for  me is that I can not easliy find the control with document.getElemenetByID because the clientID is changed. The control is a AutoComplete extended TextBox server control, and it happens to be nested in a TabPanel of a TabContainer from the AJAXToolKit, so the id ends up like TabContainer1_TabPanel1_TextBox1 or so...

Referencing a Child Control's ClientID from within the Server Control

What's the Diff between Web Form and Server Control?
I'm confused in my transition from ASP to .NET. We've got the HtmlSelect Control (a Server Control) and we've got ASP:DropDownList Control (a Web Form Control). Waaaaahhhh???? Quick, explain why we have two and when to use them, before my head explodes!!!! Basically, you are talking about the same thing, and just using different terms. Sorta like comparing an active-x control to a COM object - it's the same thing. Anyway, in the case above, there are times (most of the time) when you will use Microsofts "web form controls", which are like your standard HTML controls...

HTML Server Controls V/s. Web Server Controls?
How does one understand when to use HTML Server Controls & when to use Web Server Controls in a Web Form? In other words, when should HTML Server Controls be used & when should Web Server Controls be used in a Web Form?ThanksRON*********If you have an apple & I have an apple & we exchange our apples, then each of us will still have only 1 apple but if you have an idea & I have an idea & we exchange our ideas, then each of us will have 2 ideas Web Server Controls should always be used. HTML Server controls were meant so that a standard HTML page could ...

Getting a web form's properties to a Custom User Control
Ok. This is hopefully a simple question that someone could help me out on. I've researched but only found out how to get a user control properties to a web form. Problem:  Anyway, I have created a custom user control (Help button with a menu extender) which will be used on several pages. The menu that extends from the button will not be static, so I will want to load the right data (from my xml file) depending on which page the help button is on. For example, my custom user control will be on pages news and the other on media. Now, when the user control loads on the news page, I need ...

Javascript function seeing the server control's ClientId as an object???
Ok, here's the situation. It's a simple scenario of having a textbox and three radiobutton controls. The radio buttons are to select by what type of a search you would want to perform. Either a name, id, or social security number. So when you click on a radiobutton I have a javascript function that is going to put a string into the textbox to display the proper format for the search criteria. I'm adding the attribute to the server control on page init event as:id_button.Attributes.Add("onclick", String.Format("DisplaySearchFormatString({0},formatId)", textbox....

getting today's date to appear on the .net web calendar control
try as I have i cannot get the today's date displayed at the bottom of my web calendar control.  is there any special option i should set on my calendar control properties ? Hi, what did you mean by at the bottom of my web calendar control ? Is is highlighting the day number of current date? Try this,Calendar1.SelectedDay = DateTime.NowCorrect me if I misunderstood your question. :)Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com hi,   I can see the selected date eg if if do what you say:    Calendar1.Se...

Getting 'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' error on controls when placed inside an update panel which is in a template.
Using the June CTP, I;ve got an updatepanel inside the itemtemplate of a datalist which is now suppopsed to be supported (it works). I also have some asp controls (imagebutton, label) which get their values dynamically (DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "fieldname").ToString(). This would work fine before putting the updatepanel in the datalist itemtemplate, I now get the error in the title when building ('System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem') for each control... How can I dynamically assign the values to the controls in the datalist when also using updatepanels? Sample below, works fine without the updatepanel...  <asp:DataList ID="DataList1" OnItemCommand="DataListCommand" runat="server" RepeatColumns="4" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" HorizontalAlign="Center" CellPadding="0">                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />                        <ItemTemplate>                        <atlas:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" Mode="Conditional">             &...

Get Server-Side's control with $get
Hi, I am a novice at Ajax.NET If I have button with ID="Btn1", how could I use $get('') or take any other measure to retrieve the ref to the button at client-side? Cheers for any help. Ricky.Take nothing on looks; take everything on evidence.- Charles Dickens Try this link: http://blogs.msdn.com/irenak/archive/2007/02/19/sysk-290-asp-net-ajax-get-vs-find.aspx $get('Btn1') Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… complex Hi, if the server-side Button with Button.ID="Btn1" is insid...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

MS SQL analysis server's cube browser through Web BI .net control
hi all i am having problem with running Web BI .net  controls sample cube browsing application provided with the control. the error is like the following. it uses XML web service API to browse the cube. Server Error in '/mssqlbiwebctrlsample' Application. Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationExceptio...

System.Web.HttpException: Control 'ctl00_main_Wizard1' of type 'Wizard' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.
I can't figure out why it is saying that. . . the content window that it is in and the wizard itself both have runat="server" set in their tags 2 things to check..1. Do you have the main <form runat="server'></form> tags ( the wizard would be between these tags)2. look for typos - something mistyped will prevent .Net from seeing the form tagHope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout...

Dynamically Loaded Control Wants to Change The Dynamically Loaded Control
I have been playing around with dynamically loading controls and AJAX and have the following:An UpdatePanel has a PlaceHolder which which contains a dynamically loaded control.  The control that is dynamically loaded has a button that is supposed to change the control that was loaded.  So after the link button is clicked on DynamicControlA, DynamicControlB should now be loaded where DynamicControlA used to be. Is there anything in the framework to do this?  If not, any ideas on how to tackle? I did it with Panels.  Made 5 panels all the same size, and toggled visi...

Modify Web Control in Function by Passing in Web Control's ID as Parameter
Good day to all, I am trying to modify web controls through functions by passing in their ID as the parameter so that I can call the function whether a control's properties need to be modify. The rough idea I have is as follows: (Function, In VB) Function ModifyTextboxText(Byval SampleTextbox) SampleTextBox.text = "Textbox contents changed." End function (Calling the function) ModifyTextboxText(MyTextbox.id) Has anyone got any idea how I could proceed with the coding? Appreciate any help around here. Its for my school project. Thanks!...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please
Hi       I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it. Its giving me an error message on this line this.t...

Access Web Control's property within the Web Form
Hello, I have a Web Control which has a TextBox and a Button. I want to put this Control on a WebForm, then put some text in a Control's TextBox, press on Control's Button and be able to access text box's value from within the Web Form. That's my Control: _________________________________________________ public class Colo : System.Web.UI.UserControl { protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox TextBox1; protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Button1; public string Myval{ get{return (string)ViewState["myval"];} set{ViewState["myval"] = va...

How to get control inside datalist web server control
hi, I am using <asp:hyperlink id="hyper"> control in one datalist control, i want to bind url at the time of itemdatabound event so please suggest me how to get this controls handle   See if this works (in C#): protected void DataList1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) { HyperLink hl = e.Item.FindControl("hyper") as HyperLink; hl.NavigateUrl = "whatever"; }  ...

Getting user control' forms all controls ids
Can any one tell me how to get id of all the controls in user controls in javascript through loop. I have used the following :-     var intLength=doc.forms[0].length;  for(i=0;i<intLength;i++)    {        id=doc.forms[0].item(i).id; It is well worked in simple page, but in user control this does not return any control id return only like _viewstate,_arguments like 3 ids while i have panel tables in my forms but does not shows these ids. I m waiting for answers Hi, Instead of referencing the form directly with do...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for example, you wouldn't want to use html table(or even webcontrol table) if datagrid/datalist/repeater can be used. i don't think rendering performance would make a big difference, the number of controls on a page is very limited.  anandc wrote: Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- AnandAlso note that purpose of Web Controls is to provide better abstraction to the underlying rendering mechanism /(be it HTML or XHTML), so they basically work in all browsers (if being strict depen...

Getting User Control's Control Data
I am building a wizard that will pull opt reports.  Page 1 let's you pick a website you want to work with based on listings in a table.  Page 2 displays which options you can include in your opt report by bit fields in the same table that fills the dropdown on Page1.  Based on which fields get  a 1, user controls are loaded to display the options.  My question is this: How can I get the information on the options the user selects from the individual user controls? I've read up on serialization but I don't know how to capture an event that fires when a page submits a...

Dynamic controls in web server control, events and postback
Hi, I have created 2 server controls. In one, I need to choose a control type and raise an event to notify the page about the selected type. In the other I need create a dynamic control of the type selected on the first control and render it. As an example: public class ControlTypeEventArgs : EventArgs{ public string Type { get; set; }}/* Control to choose a control type and fire the event */ public class ControlChooserControl : WebControl, INamingContainer{ private DropDownList controlTypes; public event EventHandler ShowControl; protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e) { base.O...

Web resources about - when i load control dynamically i cannot get server control's clientid in javascript - asp.net.web-forms