What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?

with code and interface too.
0
sai2002

There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio.
0
russnem

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

how to convert vb.net website to csharp.net web site
Can we convert a website(VB.NET) to csharp.net website in VS2005???mahmood Why do you want to convert VB into C#? you can create new modules for the site in C#, and they can co-exist in the same system. If you have some specific requirements, then use online tools to convert vb.net into c# to convert the codebehind files. Most probably the .aspx file will remain unchanged, but you might need to make some changes here and there.You will get lots of converters online by just googling it. I would strongly recommend avoiding converting codes, as I have faced the horrors of the process. Pr...

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

Convert VB6 Project into VB.NET...??????
hi all i want to convert my project which  is in VB6.  into VB.net  i thing we can convert it but i don't now how ?? can any one help me   regardNew In .NET World http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=convert+vb6+to+vb.net...

How to allow multiple people to work on same project ? (VB.NET w/ Visual Studio.NET Pro)
Hey All, I just recently purchased Visual Studio.NET 2003 Professional as both my boss and I are going to be jointly working on a project. We are having troubles figuring out how to allow eachother to work on the same project though. Ideally, we would be able to either share a folder, or put the project on our network drives, and work on the project at the same time. How can this be done? THanks This was the answer: You need Microsoft SourceSafe. This software can be purchased seperately, or you can get it when its included with VS 2003/2005 Enterprise Edition ...

Web resources about - What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? - asp.net.web-forms

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...

Stanford Designs Underwater Solar Cells That Convert Greenhouse Gases Into Fuel
... solar industry and the battle against climate change. Importantly, writes Stanford [&hellip Stanford Designs Underwater Solar Cells That Convert ...