Web User Control property loses value on postback

I have a user control that seems to lose its property values on postback.  In the control, I have a property thats a datatable that populates a radiobutton list.  On the outside page, I've passed in the datatable by setting the property directly and by creating a method that sets in internally.  The control has a method that checks the selected value of the radiobutton list against the datatable and returns back a boolean.  Problem is when I call the function, the datatable is nothing. Below are the functions inside my user control.  Is there something about properties I'm missing? Thanks.

Sub Initialize(ByVal dt As dsPractice.viewPracticeQuestionsDataTable)
  DataSource = dt
  //Extra Code
End Sub

Private dtPracticeQuestions As dsPractice.viewPracticeQuestionsDataTable
Public Property DataSource() As dsPractice.viewPracticeQuestionsDataTable

Get

Return Me.dtPracticeQuestions

End Get
  Set(ByVal value As dsPractice.viewPracticeQuestionsDataTable)

Me.dtPracticeQuestions = value

End Set
End Property

Function IsCorrect() As Boolean

Dim dt As dsPractice.viewPracticeQuestionsDataTable = DataSource
  //Check selected value against dt, but dt is nothing
End Function

0
djshusko

I've figured out what I was missing.  I set the propertys with viewstates and they are now persistant.

Public Property DataSource() As dsPractice.viewPracticeQuestionsDataTable

Get

Return ViewState("dtPQ")
  End Get

Set(ByVal value As dsPractice.viewPracticeQuestionsDataTable)
    ViewState(
"dtPQ") = value

End Set
End Property

0
djshusko

Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control
Hi  I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID. How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?  Kind regards   Check this ;ink  http://www.codeproject.com/K...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Using property values of user control between two web forms.
Hi,I am stuck with a problem.I have a user control on more than one web form( say webform1 and webform2 ).The user control consists of several hyperlinks(say hyp1 and hyp2 ).When I enter values in webform1 and then click 'save' button , one of the property of user control (say ID ) is assigned some value. I want to use that value 'ID' in webform2 after the user clicks on hyp2. I dont think using Querystring will be useful because hyp1 is selected be default. It is not a compulsion for the user, that he has to click on hyp2..he can also click on other hyperlinks of the user control also...Ple...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

custom web user control and web form

Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form
I have created a Web User control that is made up of a Multiview with 2 views inside the Multiview. I have buttons on both views and a gridview on 1 view. My question is when I drop this Web User Control on a Web Form all I see is [MultiView"MultiView1"] and when I view the from in the browser I dont see the Web User Control. I was wondering if someone could please tell me why the Web User Control is not displaying or rendering.     Thanks In Advance Hi, Please check your aspx file for correct reference, like following example: TestControl.ascx:<%@ Control ...

Clearing Web Controls Values from a Web Form
I have a web form and after a user submit it I want to clear the form so that they may submit another entry. I have seen examples in VB of how to loop thru a web form and clear the controls, but I need a C# solution. I have tried the following code, while it does not give me an error, it does not clear the controls on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks! foreach (Control parent in Page.Controls)         {             foreach (Control child in parent.Controls)           ...

web controls and web user control

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Pass data from Web User Control to Web Form
I have a Web Form that contains a Web User Control. The WUC displays dynamic content. I want to change the TITLE property of the Web Form, based on the contents of the WUC. For example, if the WUC displays information about Horses, I want to change the page title to "HORSES" by passing the string to the parent Web Form. I have tried playing with parameters and such, but I can't remember how I did this in the past. PLEASE HELP!~o0 Spin-Monkey Oo~ The best way to do this is by creating a public property on your web user control and accessing that from your web form. Check ...

Interaction between Web User Control & Web form
Ok, I want to create my first Web User Control which is used for file uploading. It's very simple, consist only of the <asp:FileUpload> and <asp:Button> control. The button has one server side event which is resizing the uploaded image to two different images (stored as byte[] in the cs file). So, my question is how I can send these two arrays of type byte to the Web form where the web user control is inside. I thought it should be possible to write something like this in the Web form:<uc1:FileUploader ID="uploader" runat="server" OnUploaded="recieveImages" />So that means ...

Access SqlDataSource on Web Form from a Web User Control...
Hello, I want to access a SqlDataSource on a Web Form fromout. a Web User Control. To do this, I have in my code behind of the Web User Control the folowing code: DropDownList1.DataSource = (this.Page.FindControl("SqlDataSource3") as SqlDataSource);DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Name;DropDownList1.DataValueField = "NameIDropDownList1.DataBind(); But, the control (ic. SqlDataSource3) is not found. Even other controls like labels and buttons are not found with the FindControl. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Andromedaris     This is not much of a surprise,...

Access a Web User Control Method from a Web Form
I'm trying to pass the Selected Index value from a web user control in a web form to the user controls selectedIndexchanged Sub.  I can't seem to figure out how to pass the information that I need to the user control and have it execute the sub routine. In the SelectedInedxChanged Sub I have a switch Statement and I want to get the index value from the web form where the user control is located and compare it to each case and then to have it execute the code for the case that it matches. What do I need to do? Hi, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I su...

Web resources about - Web User Control property loses value on postback - asp.net.web-forms

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Bomb squad called to Qld property
TWO men have been charged after police found explosives at a property in Helidon.

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Macquarie Bank makes a bid for property portal, onthehouse.com.au
Property software and online services company Onthehouse Holdings Limited has received an unsolicited takeover offer from a consortium led by ...

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Perth bushfire: Wattle Grove property lost in blaze but warning now downgraded
A bushfire burning in Perth's south-east destroys one derelict house and a shed, but is no longer threatening lives and homes.

"This amphitheater-like configuration, wrapped with window-walls that afford panoramic views of the bucolic ...
"... ( 'Nature is the most expensive wallpaper,' Johnson jokingly said of similar vistas from inside his nearby retreat), is alternatively used ...