web user control drag and drop problem

Hi Everybody,

I am using web user controls in ASP.NET 1.1 and when I drag and drop a web user control, it gives a hyperlink to that control instead of creating an instance of the control, I have already registered the control in the container page and the control also has a classname. Now I am going to chek if I can manually type in the control tag to create an instance. But the drag and drop is not working. Any help would be appriciated.

0
devmetz

Hi Try the link below, it might help u

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/tips-tricks/aspnet-reusing-web-user-controls-and-forms-000915.php

Nital Soni

Don't forget to MARK AS ANSWER if the post is helpful to you.
0
nital
12/31/2007 3:39:27 PM

devmetz:

I am using web user controls in ASP.NET 1.1 and when I drag and drop a web user control, it gives a hyperlink to that control instead of creating an instance of the control, I have already registered the control in the container page and the control also has a classname. Now I am going to chek if I can manually type in the control tag to create an instance. But the drag and drop is not working. Any help would be appriciated.

Hi  devmetz,

Base on my experience, I think you do that under the source view not the design view.

Let me know if I have misunderstood what you mean. Thanks.

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

Cant drag-and-drop Web Custom Control to Web Form!
Hi,I'm going insane here, I've read countless articles how to create a Web Custom Control and add it to the Toolbox and then just Drag-and-Drop it to a Web Form.And I have done exactly that except for the last step, any Web Custom Control I create refuses to be Drag-and-Dopped to the Web Form. What happens is the following, after I have added the Web Custom Control to the ToolBox I click it and drag it to the Web Form designer area. First I can see the icon of the Web Custom Control and I see a Referance being created but just after that the icon changes to one of those "you cant park here s...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form
I have created a Web User control that is made up of a Multiview with 2 views inside the Multiview. I have buttons on both views and a gridview on 1 view. My question is when I drop this Web User Control on a Web Form all I see is [MultiView"MultiView1"] and when I view the from in the browser I dont see the Web User Control. I was wondering if someone could please tell me why the Web User Control is not displaying or rendering.     Thanks In Advance Hi, Please check your aspx file for correct reference, like following example: TestControl.ascx:<%@ Control ...

custom web user control and web form

web controls and web user control

Pass data from Web User Control to Web Form
I have a Web Form that contains a Web User Control. The WUC displays dynamic content. I want to change the TITLE property of the Web Form, based on the contents of the WUC. For example, if the WUC displays information about Horses, I want to change the page title to "HORSES" by passing the string to the parent Web Form. I have tried playing with parameters and such, but I can't remember how I did this in the past. PLEASE HELP!~o0 Spin-Monkey Oo~ The best way to do this is by creating a public property on your web user control and accessing that from your web form. Check ...

Access a Web User Control Method from a Web Form
I'm trying to pass the Selected Index value from a web user control in a web form to the user controls selectedIndexchanged Sub.  I can't seem to figure out how to pass the information that I need to the user control and have it execute the sub routine. In the SelectedInedxChanged Sub I have a switch Statement and I want to get the index value from the web form where the user control is located and compare it to each case and then to have it execute the code for the case that it matches. What do I need to do? Hi, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I su...

Interaction between Web User Control & Web form
Ok, I want to create my first Web User Control which is used for file uploading. It's very simple, consist only of the <asp:FileUpload> and <asp:Button> control. The button has one server side event which is resizing the uploaded image to two different images (stored as byte[] in the cs file). So, my question is how I can send these two arrays of type byte to the Web form where the web user control is inside. I thought it should be possible to write something like this in the Web form:<uc1:FileUploader ID="uploader" runat="server" OnUploaded="recieveImages" />So that means ...

Access SqlDataSource on Web Form from a Web User Control...
Hello, I want to access a SqlDataSource on a Web Form fromout. a Web User Control. To do this, I have in my code behind of the Web User Control the folowing code: DropDownList1.DataSource = (this.Page.FindControl("SqlDataSource3") as SqlDataSource);DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Name;DropDownList1.DataValueField = "NameIDropDownList1.DataBind(); But, the control (ic. SqlDataSource3) is not found. Even other controls like labels and buttons are not found with the FindControl. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Andromedaris     This is not much of a surprise,...

I cannot drag web custom controls from toolbox to web form
I have created some web custom controls (both composite controls or derived/inherited controls).  I successfully added them to the toolbox. However, when I try to drag them onto the form, the cursor changes into a black circle with a diagonal line, and cannot drag them.  I also tried double-clicking them from the toolbox but it still won't work. I sent the Control Library (DLL) to a friend, and he managed to use it properly.  I am assuming this is a problem with my Visual Studio. Has anyone encountered such a problem?  Any suggestions or solutions?   Thanks. I...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Web resources about - web user control drag and drop problem - asp.net.web-forms

Now you can control your GoPro Camera from Apple Watch
One of the nicest features of the GoPro camera is the ability to control it using the iPhone app. With the GoPro App , you can easily control ...

Microsoft Band updated to include music controls and inactivity alerts
... Microsoft Band came out, the company is adding functionality with a small software update. The two biggest features of this update—music controls ...

Control a car's features with a glance? Not science fiction
Filed under: Emerging Technologies , Infotainment , Technology Press a button to change your car's climate controls? Turn a knob to view your ...

"... Trump owns and controls the media... they can't not cover him... his audience is bigger than theirs ...
... their army (i.e., the media) can't take out their enemy. They don't have the slightest idea what to do.... The media, in their own minds, controls ...

How to control your iPhone by just tilting your head
... the best sight, hearing, or motor functions to still use iOS to its fullest capabilities — but they can also be used to customize your controls. ...

Fox Presents Ben Stein As An Awesome, Stupendous Gun Control Genius
Fox News host Neil Cavuto was super-impressed with “great writer and thinker” Ben Stein's opposition to gun control. “The problem is not gun ...

White House: We’re Not Going To Wait Until Something Happens To Pass Gun Control
Reporter: 'Where any of the recent mass shooters on the no-fly list?' Earnest: 'Not that I'm aware of'

The NFL Should Seize Control Of The Cleveland Browns
Drew Magary’s Thursday Afternoon NFL Dick Joke Jamboroo runs every Thursday during the NFL season. Email Drew here . Read more...

Halo 5 is getting advanced control options
... is a good day. There's more to next week's update for Halo 5: Guardians than Forge mode, maps, and REQs. The game is also expanding its control ...