Web Forms with no DLL using VS .NET IDE

Basically, I've been trying to make ASPX web pages with VS .NET and have learned a little of how to not use the DLL that gets created when the project is compiled and use the .VB source files themselves at run-time.  I've been experimenting with changing the keyword CodeBehindFile to SRC; removing the project name from Inherits to look directly at the VB class (i.e. MyProject.MyClass to just MyClass.)  I've been changing the private routines with in the class to be public.  I have had sucess with getting the pages to work with code files.  However, I've been having certain problems in .NET IDE when doing this:

1) In a ASP.NET web project, when a new webform is created and these above changes are first made, I can go back and forth from design view to code view, with no problem and I can double click the objects in deisgn view to get to the events in the class file and code for them; however, when I close and re-open the ASPX page, the SRC attribute is no longer acceptable by the IDE and I get an error and I can not enter the design view anymore with the page. I have discovered I could remove the page declaration in the HTML source, save, close, and re-open and get to design view, edit the page again, put back page declaration again, and re-save. This is good enough except that dbl-clicking objects to get to events doesnt work in this case (acceptable loss) and it's a pain to have to remove and put back the page declaration everytime, just to edit the page.
2) Concerning a similar matter as to #1, It would be nice to know how to open an ASPX file not in a web project and atleast edit the layout and add/remove Webform objects in general even if some functionality is lost to connecting these objects to their code events automatically.
3) If theres any suggestions out there as to another way, to achieve a "like blank-solution" type approach to a web site project for ASPX where many stand-alone ASPX pages are created that can use externally written VB code files not in a DLL and at run-time, and I can still get code completion in the VB code file when creating/editing it, it would be greatly appreciated.
0
dkirkwoodjr

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

CR 9 for VS.NET PDF problems using web forms
Hi all. I am trying to capture patient history data then summarize the data in a one page report using Crystal Report. I would like to use Adobe Plug-in to alllow for printing the report (although printing from the browser will be acceptable). I am using the code straight off of the web site: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim myExportOptions As CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions Dim myDiskFileDestination As CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions Dim myExportFile...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

using non .net DLL in .net web application
Is it possible to use a non .NET DLL in a .NET web application ?I have a vb.net web application, and I am thinking of purchasing a pascal DLL to use in it.  I am not sure if its possible, or if there are any downsides?  I really don't want to run anything that could cause any problems or complications.Thanks! mike123 Yes, it's perfectly possible to use non-.NET DLLs. The way to do it is called Interop. If you Google for that, you'll find plenty on it.  just add reference ... compile ....and use...Please click Mark as Answer on this post if it helps y...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

VS.NET Web Data Form Wizard
New to asp.net and using the Web Data Form Wizard. Cannot get the datagrid sort or paging functions to work. Do I need to add code for this manually? When selected both options just reload the main page. Thanks, SCott Check out the following two MSDN articles: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbconintroductiontodatagridwebcontrol.asp and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddingsortingtodatagridwebcontrol.asp bill "This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

How to Create Framed Web Forms in VS.NET?
Hi, I'm using Visual Studio.Net to create my web applications. In design view of a web form on the menubar there is a "Frames" option, but its contents are always disabled. I'm assuming that this option is there to let you create framed pages, right? Why is this option always disabled? Is it a setting in VS.NET that needs to be changed to enable them? How do you create framed pages in this environment? Is writing actual HTML the only way to do this? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Shawnsa4720k These options are only available to a Frameset page. You can add ...

Web resources about - Web Forms with no DLL using VS .NET IDE - asp.net.web-forms

Form - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Form is the shape , visual appearance , constitution or configuration of an object. In a wider sense, the form is the way something is or happens, ...

The Early Oil: Herald Sun form analyst Michael Manley gives his take on Ballarat Cup Day - HeraldSun ...
HERALD Sun form analyst Michael Manley previews the final meeting of the 2015 spring carnival with the running of the Ballarat Cup.

ISIS: Camp Bucca during Iraq war helped form terrorist group
IN 2004, an unremarkable man was led into a desert compound run by the US military in southern Iraq where around 1000 others milled around in ...

Uber forms safety board, hopes to restore faith in its drivers
Filed under: Green , Transportation Alternatives Uber's new safety board includes a representative from the National Network to End Domestic ...

ex-Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo forms Dead Cross with members of The Locust & Retox
... by Taylor Keahey) Dead Cross is a punk band, first and foremost; they haven't recorded anything yet (bearing in mind that they literally formed ...

Diane Black (R-TN) Pushes For Law To Make A Gun Permit Official Form Of ID
... the vote . Black has an A-rating from the NRA, like most Teabagger Congress members. Her push to allow a gun permit to double as a valid form ...

Michigan’s Welfare Program Helpfully Offers Phone Assistance, All Forms IN ARABIC
Michigan has been home to a critical mass of poor Arabic speakers for at least 15 years

Fox Networks Forms JV With Tony Sella To Develop Promos And Ad Integrations
Fox Networks Group ’s new joint venture with former 20th Century Fox Film Chief Creative Officer Tony Sella will, as the partners put it, “develop ...

Republique is coming to the PS4 in physical form
Republique is such a weird project. It was released on iOS in December of 2013, as an episodic series spanning five chapters. Episode 4 and 5 ...

Uber forms safety board, hopes to restore faith in its drivers
Uber's rapidly becoming a polarizing topic, with people either prepared to defend it to the hilt or attack it with similar fervor. Much of that ...