Web Forms Message Box

Hello,

I am converting an old VB 6.0 application into a web based app with VB.NET and ASP.NET. The problem that I am having is that the old application made extensive use of popup boxes and message boxes that would ask the user a couple questions and then pass the values back to the main form and close the popup box. I have not been able to find a good way to do this using web forms. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?
Thanks
Torrey
1
tjvegter

You will have to use vbscript or javascript to display message boxes on the client side. You can use something like this:

Button1.Attributes.Add("onClick", "alert('Hello');")
Button2.Attributes.Add("onClick", "confirm('Are you sure?');")

If you don't want the form to postback after the message box appears use an HTML button.
You will have to add extra functionality if you want to pass the result of the confirmation to the server side.
hope this helps,
sivilian
My Weblogs
1
sivilian

Web resources about - Web Forms Message Box - asp.net.web-forms

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Catholic school strike: Out-of-office message out of order
Catholic teachers banned from making statement in email reply.

Alan Rickman: Daniel Radcliffe posts rare social media message to the late actor
Their characters may have hated each other, off screen Radcliffe and Rickman were thick as thieves.

Catholic school strike: Out-of-office message out of order
Catholic teachers banned from making statement in email reply.

OS X 10.11.4 public beta with Live Photos in Messages, secure Notes, and more is now available
Public beta testers can now try the new OS X 10.11.4 prerelease that first hit developers earlier this week. New features include Live Photo ...

What Are Facebook Messenger Users Doing, Besides Sending Messages?
It’s no surprise that the most popular action taken by users of Facebook’s Messenger application is sending messages, but what else are they ...

You have a Jack lets you decide when messages can be opened
You know the anticipation of waiting to open holiday gifts? You see them tagged with your name and wonder what is inside. It can be very exciting, ...

This quirky voicemail message hints at the kind of future that Facebook is drooling for
After six rings, photographer Michael Anderson's voicemail clicks on, blasting an unusual message to his callers: "This is what I want you to ...

Minn. cop on leave over message on Black Lives Matter
Social media message alleged to be from St. Paul cop about protesters tells public to "run them over"

Jakarta attacks: Indonesians share defiant message of 'We are not afraid'
CNN Jakarta attacks: Indonesians share defiant message of 'We are not afraid' CNN (CNN) Soon after explosions rocked central Jakarta on Thursday, ...