Web Form Fails To Load in VS.NET w/ sample code

I have a BasePage class and a StandardPage class.

The BasePage inherits from the System.Web.UI.Page object, and then the StandardPage inherits from BasePage.
System.Web.UI.Page

BasePage

StandardPage

The BasePage has some Properties that access the Request object.
Now I have an 'index.aspx' page with no codebehind and inherits the 'StandardPage' object through the PageDirective tags. When I try to view the 'index.aspx' in the designer, it breaks saying "accessor fails... Request has no instance' (Something like that)
Anyway when I comment out the Request object, the page loads in the designer perfectly. During runtime the page loads perfectly too...the problem only comes during design time.
Sample code can be found @
This guy has the exact same problem.

0
yoshijg

Are you saying that you do not want a code behind? You want to use inline code instead?
If so, what does your @Page directive look like?

Jamie Kindred, CGA, MCSD
0
NetProfit
1/13/2005 2:25:58 PM
No inline code in aspx files.

I dont want to tie an aspx file to a codebehind.
The aspx file will chose who it wants to inherit from. This way I can have multiple views for one Page model object (MVC).
Page tags will look like ...
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Web.StandardPage"%>

By the way, the problem I stated is resolved in "VS.Net 2003".
Just post-back if you still want to continue the topic and my purpose with the Page-Directive.
peace

0
yoshijg
1/13/2005 4:09:44 PM
Good news.

I understand what you are doing, I wasn't sure why it wasn't working in the designer. So you're saying this is an issue with v2002?
Cheers,
Jamie Kindred, CGA, MCSD
0
NetProfit
1/13/2005 7:59:34 PM
yep.

I ran the same code and aspx file in vs2003...and it loaded fine.
In 2002 the Property in the Base Class are accessed, and for some reason the HTTPCONTEXT is Nothing. So all those Page/Response/Request calls crash when they are in Properties.
So the other solution to this is checking with 'if HttpContext is nothing' . This is a hacky solution, but it works if you dont want to use 2003.
cheers.
0
yoshijg

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

DataWindow Failed to Retrieve in .NET Web Form
I am running PB 11.5.1 Build 4788. I have a datawindow that would retrieve normally under client server mode, but do not retrieve under .NET Web Forms (returns nothings). I am running the same source code in both modes. The retrieval arguments of the said DataWindow are (Date, Time, Integer). The code is as follow: This.DataObject = 'dw_actsch_sch' This.SetTransObject( sqlca ) li_RtnVal = This.Retrieve( Date( '2010-09-10' ), Time( '10:00.00' ), 1 ) The li_RtnVal is -1 when it is running in web form. I am wondering if anyone has similar experiences,...

How to Create Framed Web Forms in VS.NET?
Hi, I'm using Visual Studio.Net to create my web applications. In design view of a web form on the menubar there is a "Frames" option, but its contents are always disabled. I'm assuming that this option is there to let you create framed pages, right? Why is this option always disabled? Is it a setting in VS.NET that needs to be changed to enable them? How do you create framed pages in this environment? Is writing actual HTML the only way to do this? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Shawnsa4720k These options are only available to a Frameset page. You can add ...

VS.NET Web Data Form Wizard
New to asp.net and using the Web Data Form Wizard. Cannot get the datagrid sort or paging functions to work. Do I need to add code for this manually? When selected both options just reload the main page. Thanks, SCott Check out the following two MSDN articles: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbconintroductiontodatagridwebcontrol.asp and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddingsortingtodatagridwebcontrol.asp bill "This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

how to change these windows form code to web form code?
hi, i'm a beginner of c#,i want to know how to change these windows form code to web form code //////////// private void buttonSign_Click( object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //get original message as byte array byte[] messagebytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes( textOriginalMessage.Text); //create digest of original message using SHA1 SHA1 sha1 = new SHA1CryptoServiceProvider(); byte[] hashbytes = sha1.ComputeHash(messagebytes); //display hash bytes in hex format StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); for (...

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - Web Form Fails To Load in VS.NET w/ sample code - asp.net.web-forms

Sample return mission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sample return mission is a spacecraft mission with the goal of collecting and returning with tangible samples from an extraterrestrial location ...

Facebook Gives Developers Easier Access To Sample Apps
Facebook took steps to make its sample applications more readily accessible by developers , creating a new Samples and How Tos page , as well ...

Samples & How-Tos - Facebook-Entwickler
All sample apps can we downloaded from https://github.com/fbsamples. Social Plugins winefriends...

Splenda uses Facebook to Dole Out 16,000 Samples of New Splenda Mist
In a break from traditional product sampling, sweetener brand Splenda is sending Facebook fans samples of its new Splenda Mist product to test ...

Mark Sample (@samplereality) on Twitter

Sample Lab for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Sample Lab on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Samsung Infuse 4G Samples - a set on Flickr
Sets let you organize your photos on Flickr. Explore the 15 photos in this set.

GlobalFoundries and AMD Announce First 14nm FinFET Sample Production Success
... and in some well-needed good news for the company, today they and AMD are announcing that they have successfully fabbed AMD’s first 14nm sample ...

Shop the Madeline Weinrib Sample Sale This Weekend — Design News
Pin it Attention, New Yorkers! Madeline Weinrib is having a sample sale this weekend at ABC Carpet + Home, where a whole host of rugs, accessories, ...

New in Android Samples: Authenticating to remote servers using the Fingerprint API
... announced in the previous blog post , Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now publicly available to users. Along the way, we’ve been updating our samples ...