web form doesn't post back.

From a form in windows (non-asp), I need to send form variables to an asp.net web form and have it post back. Whenver I perform a web request through my windows forms code the web form doesn't seem to post back (it should have edited a file on the server). What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to make the web form accept this kind of request from windows?
0
theosof

From your question, what i understood was when the browser window opens, you want some predefined action to be performed, based on the variables you sent. If its the case, you can pass the variables as querystring parameters and process your code in the page_load.

Thanks

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw
12/26/2006 7:09:44 PM

You can add 'Trace=true' in the page declaration - then, just before each place you are using the variables in the web page, put a Trace.Write statement (Trace.Write("MyVar=" & myVar))  there, to see if your variables are getting recognized

Do the same for the SQL statement

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind

System.web.UI doesn't work in VB.Net Form?
 Hi, I downloaded a little example recently and tried converting it to VB.Net.  Surprisingly I found that while my VB Web projects and CSharp Windows Form projects work with System.web.UI, VB Windows Forms don't seem to. Is there any way I can use System.web.UI features with a windows form? This is the code I'm trying to convert to VB:   using System.IO;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI;// render the DataGrid control to a fileusing(StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(textBox1.Text)){ using(HtmlTextWriter hw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw)) { g...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Cursor doesn't appear in some web forms
Name: Spencer Email: afterspencerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Cursor doesn't appear in some web forms Comments: in one of the forums I frequent the cursor doesn't appear when I am creating a message. the forum is run on phpBB. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Web Form doesn't work in IE7
 Hi.  I am writing an app in C# that works perfectly in FF, but the button doesn't fire in IE7.  I have built using DAL and BLL methods explained here  http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/?lang=cs I have javascript enabled on ie7, and I have tried to reauthor the page, but that page also doesn't work.  I do not receive an error, when I click the button, nothing happens.  Here are my button controls from my aspx.  Any help would be very appreciated.  ~Marisa    <asp:Button ID="ButtonSubmit" CausesValidation=&qu...

Web form doesn't fit in smaller screens
Hi,I've developed an application a wide screen with high resolution, but when I ran it in a normal screens the form doesn't appear entirely (the controls at the right side on the screen are cut off).how can I make my application standard for all screens? Thanks    badis rbadis:Hi,I've developed an application a wide screen with high resolution, but when I ran it in a normal screens the form doesn't appear entirely (the controls at the right side on the screen are cut off).how can I make my application standard for all screens?&n...

Web resources about - web form doesn't post back. - asp.net.web-forms