Web Form designer extremely slow and insists on checking out web.config

VS suddenly started acting very strangely. It takes a very long time (~ 3 minutes) to render a simple form, and insists on checking out web.config. If I don't allow it to check out web.config it renders every control as a grey box labeled "Error Creating Control"

This project has been working fine for weeks and I made no changes to the web forms. I have restored the project from backup and the problem remains. I have also re-installed VS. The project builds and runs fine - it's only the web form designer that has gone wonky. The markup is fine and the codebehind is fine. The design time view is fine, too, once it finally renders.

This has affected all my web projects (i.e., the ones with a csproj file). Web sites (i.e., file system projects) are not affected

I am using VS2005 team suite with SP1 on XP Pro.

0
stevet7717

I had a similar problem awhile ago.  I had a project that had been set up for use with AJAX.  After reloading my system, i neglected to reinstall AJAX. Trying to open/edit that project made visual studio extremely slow.  Once i reinstalled AJAX, then everything was fine.

Is it possible that your project was referencing something thats no longer installed?

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige

web web web

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Use web.config with web forms?
 Hi All, I'm doing some unit testing of a web application, and would like to use settings from a web.config file.  Is this possible? Thanks much,- Mark I'd suggest keeping your Unit Tests in a seperate project and using it's own .config file. It will be a little repetition but it will help to keep things seperated for perf and reusability without bloating your production app. I agree with Curt. It is better to seperate options for testing and release version. This will decrease the job to be done once the unit testing process is finished.Haissam Abdul Mal...

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - Web Form designer extremely slow and insists on checking out web.config - asp.net.web-forms

Extremely large telescope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
when discussing reflecting telescopes of optical wavelengths including ultraviolet (UV), visible , and near infrared wavelengths. Among many ...

Friends, I am extremely concerned to... - Papa John's Pizza - Facebook
Friends, I am extremely concerned to learn about the reprehensible language used by two former employees in one of our restaurants. Their thinking ...

Squares - Minimal, addictive and extremely challenging. on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Squares - Minimal, addictive and extremely challenging.. Download ...

EyeTV HD = extremely cool - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... is the automated export process, so your show gets recorded and then turned into an iPhone/iPad friendly MPEG-4 file and added to iTunes. Extremely ...

Extremely Scary Ghost Elevator Prank in Brazil - YouTube
If you enjoyed this video be sure to smack that LIKE button, also don't forget to subscribe for awesome videos every day! Be sure to LIKE, COMMENT ...

Rheumatoid arthritis: ‘It can be extremely destructive. If left untreated people can be completely disabled’ ...
Early treatment of the condition is crucial as if left undiagnosed, rheumatoid arthritis can lead to disability and deformity, doctors say.

'Extremely rude' French tourists arrested at Victoria Falls
Zimbabwe police said Wednesday they had briefly detained seven "extremely rude" French tourists in the resort town of Victoria Falls.

Japanese Fisherman Catches Extremely Rare Giant Squid
Shigenori Goto, a fisherman out near Sadogashima island in northern Japan, found something unusual in his net last Wednesday — a 13-foot-long ...

Gang rape victim in 'extremely critical' condition
NEW DELHI: The victim of the brutal gang rape that has outraged India has been flown to Singapore for emergency medical treatment, after suffering ...

Affleck thinks Tatum 'extremely sexy'
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. Ben Affleck thinks Channing Tatum is 'extremely sexy' and is a deserving recipient of People ...