Hello,

I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form.

For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form.

Somebody can help me ?

Thank you for your help.

 Jy.

0
jay2610

set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.

Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.

Regards
Mitesh Darji
http://www.indianic.com
http://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com
0
Mitesh_Darji
10/3/2008 7:19:56 AM

You can avoid the windows tool bar.just make the edit page as a pop up window and you can set the parameters there .

You can also disable the right click if you fear the user will right click and go back just add this code oncontextmenu="return false;"  to the body tag of the pop up window.

or Did i get the problem right ????

Sumesh R
"Don't hesitate to try , you may be wrong but still you could gain a lesson and that's what i call EXPERIENCE "

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you
0
sumeshra
10/3/2008 7:35:59 AM

Hello Thank you for you answer.

I have a question, on my edit button i wrote this code :

Session.Add("UserID", gvUsers.DataKeys[gvUsers.SelectedIndex].Value.ToString());string sURL = string.Format("{0}", "./forms/fEditUsers.aspx");

Response.Redirect(sURL);

 Now for the second part, I think, I'm lost !!

 Thank you for your help.

0
jay2610
10/3/2008 7:36:27 AM

Hi, Jay

no need to do this in Edit Button click

 string sURL = string.Format("{0}", "./forms/fEditUsers.aspx");

in your Back button check session value and redirect to your main page;

Response.redirect("YourMainpage.aspx?UserID=" + session["UserID"])

Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.

Regards
Mitesh Darji
http://www.indianic.com
http://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com
0
Mitesh_Darji

Web forms and mobile web forms

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - Web Form : Block the return button on the web form - asp.net.web-forms

Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The game was later released on several other formats, including a much upgraded version for the Amiga home computer. The game was inspired by ...

Jarryd Hayne's return to San Francisco 49ers line-up may hinge on NFL's strict concussion protocol
... the man standing in Jarryd Hayne's way could find he has no choice but to sit out the 49ers next match. Jarryd Hayne's hopes of returning to ...

Wix.com Teams With DreamWorks Animation, Not an Ad Agency, for Super Bowl Return
Wix.com is going animated for Super Bowl 50. The web development company is partnering with DreamWorks Animation, forgoing the traditional client-agency ...

Former Cub Reporter Returns to Lead Newspaper as Editor
You can go home again. Three decades after starting out at The Opelika-Auburn News as a cub reporter, Troy Turner has returned to serve as the ...

Jaguar returns to racing with a Formula E team
... on some rather exciting stuff like remote-control via smartphones and full-windscreen heads-up displays. Today, it announced that it will return ...

Jaguar returns to open-wheel racing with Formula E team
Filed under: Green , Motorsports , Jaguar , Electric , Racing Jaguar is returning to open-wheel racing, going all-electric with a new FIA Formula ...

F5 CEO Resigns, Former CEO McAdam Returns
Shares of networking equipment maker F5 Networks ( FFIV ) are up 59 cents, or 0.6%, at $96.90, after the company this afternoon said its chief ...

Video: Will Ferrell returns to SNL as George W. Bush
Thanks to a lineup of quirky and controversial candidates, the current run-up to the 2016 U.S. Presidential election has been both bizarre and ...

Uncertainty over Andrew Luck injury return - Business Insider Deutschland
Mixed reports coming out of Indianapolis regarding Andrew Luck's health paint a worrisome picture for the remainder of their season.

Formerly conjoined twins return to hospital for reunion
Doctors at Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA spent 23 painstaking hours separating identical twins Josie and Teresita Alvarez 13 years ago