Web control in web control

Hi,

There are two simple web user controls A and B, where B contains A. They just display the bunch of text boxes, so I do not need them even in tool pane. They sit in the same project next to web form.

I noticed that web user control put on ASPX page does not appear in code behind, but if I create it with protected keyword and name being exactly the same as id it works fine. I can access such a web control from code behind and see the value assigned in IE. The problem is that the same routine does work for my A web control in B. When I assign the value IE, I keep getting null reference.

I was trying even to move the form tags from the web form to web control, but it did not fix a problem and I guess it is not a write thing to do.

I am pretty sure it is easily doable and there is somebody who did it, fixing this nastly, little problem which I have.

If so, please let me know what the fix is.

0
koszyk

Hi koszyk,

You would have to put line code:

protected CustomUserControl myCustomUserControl;

In your code-behind. But, you should have care in HTML myCustomUserControl value to ID property <uc1:CustomUserControl>

Good Coding!

Javier Luna
http://guydotnetxmlwebservices.blogspot.com/

from Villa El Salvador for world!
0
Javier
9/1/2006 9:43:41 PM

He he...

You bet I have it Big Smile Do you have a similar scenario working on your side (this is 30' job to make it from scratch)?

The most probably I am going to move everything to one web controls and copy-paste my subcontrol's content. Luckily there is not too much "interface-logic" behind, so... I assume live is not perfect and MS stuff as well Wink

Koszyk

0
koszyk

web web web

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

web controls and web user control

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Reusing custom web control in the same web control
Hello, I'm newbie in web development and of course asp.net. I am actually trying to build my first page and I'd like to know if it is possible to make a custom webcontrol that will contain itself. Let's say I want to draw a folder hierarchy in treeview-like structure. I thought I could make a control that will display a folder and if this folder contains subfolders then for each the control will include itself. Is this even possible? What would you suggest me to do to? Thanks in advance. TomTom Hagen http://thagen.dteam.info If the control can have child controls, then I s...

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

Desktop Web Controls vs. Mobile Web Controls
Hi, after having a look at the posts in this forum about mobile issues, i still have some doubts. Hope someone can clarify this to me:VS2005 does not need MMIT (currently known as ASP .NET Mobile Controls) because it´s already included in 2.0 version, right?In VS2005, if i decide to build a web site to be accessible via a desktop browser or a mobile device, the right thing to do is use the asp .net web application template? In this case, the rendering is automatic depending on the device, correct?If i decide to create a web page to be accessible via a device browser, then, for now, i still h...

What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control
Hi ,please could you answer for the following question with example. i know wht they are. but i want to know hw they are existing in web pages with simple example. What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control?  Thanks in AdvanceDilip    Check this out .... hope these might help you out... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893667http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa651710(VS.71).aspx itsUrDAY  Hi, See the following URLs: https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fb3w5b53(VS.71).aspx(Introduction to Web User Contr...

change layout of web controls in web user control
Hi I have create a user control with 3 asp:textbox in it. I would like to reuse the same 3 textboxes in 2 seperate web pages. In one case I want them to appear in  a row (as search parameters) and in the other I want them to appear in a column(to add a new object)..  Can I do change layouts using CSS or something? Hi,    Here is a solution to your question for your reference. Create a web user control as the following <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DynamicalUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="DynamicalUserControl" %><asp:Panel ID="...

Web resources about - Web control in web control - asp.net.web-forms

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

As it happened: Fire crews battle out-of-control blazes in southern states
Emergency warnings are in place for a fire burning in Victoria's north-east while fire crews also tackle blazes in ACT, NSW and Tasmania.

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content Adaptive Brightness Control ...

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

China's Xi on cyberspace control
Chinese President Xi Jinping defended his country's right to censor Internet content, signaling confidence in the strategy.

Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province
CNN Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province CNN Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) Taliban forces have taken almost ...