vb.net web app and Office Communicator

Hi,

We have installed Office Communicator 2007 at work and I want to try creating vb.net web apps with it.  But I just cant get started.  Everything on the web seems to be focused to windows apps or c# apps.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial for building a web app from scratch i.e reference dlls.  Or run me thru a simple how to.

I know if I can build the first simple one...the rest should be easier.

Thanks...

0
Ireland

Based on your description, you would like to develop an application like office communicator 2007 using .NET

The following articles talk about how to do this.

Please take a look:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/peer_to_peer_communicator.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/XDMessaging.aspx

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Ireland:
We have installed Office Communicator 2007 at work and I want to try creating vb.net web apps with it.

what does that mean? how can u create web applications with COMMUNICATOR Confused

SHASHANK BHIDE
CAPGEMINI INDIA
"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"
0
shashankgwl
2/25/2009 10:31:55 AM

What I mean is that with Communicator Server 2007...there is a newly released SDK that you can use in web apps to check things like if a user is signed in etc...

For example,

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/SDK-DDK/Office-Communicator-SDK.shtml

However I am having trouble with creating a vb.net version.

If someone has already created a basic vb.net app using this I would appreciate any pointers.  I cant find any tutorials on this yet.

Thanks...

0
Ireland
2/26/2009 10:21:59 AM

Actually what u wrote surprised me, but what u meant (which i understand now) is fine, u meant to say that  u want to create a web application which will use Office Communicator 2007, what u wrote was that u want create web applications with Office Communicator 2007 Geeked

SHASHANK BHIDE
CAPGEMINI INDIA
"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"
0
shashankgwl

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

how to convert vb.net website to csharp.net web site
Can we convert a website(VB.NET) to csharp.net website in VS2005???mahmood Why do you want to convert VB into C#? you can create new modules for the site in C#, and they can co-exist in the same system. If you have some specific requirements, then use online tools to convert vb.net into c# to convert the codebehind files. Most probably the .aspx file will remain unchanged, but you might need to make some changes here and there.You will get lots of converters online by just googling it. I would strongly recommend avoiding converting codes, as I have faced the horrors of the process. Pr...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

Web resources about - vb.net web app and Office Communicator - asp.net.web-forms

EO Personal Communicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The EO was an early commercial tablet computer created by Eo, Inc. (later acquired by AT&T Corporation ), and released in April 1993. and competed ...

2013 Communicator of the Year: Angelina Jolie
... article contains graphic descriptions of sexual violence.I know she’s an unexpected choice, but Angelina Jolie is under-celebrated as a communicator ...

Mobile POS Communicator on the App Store on iTunes
Get Mobile POS Communicator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Communicators: Martin Cooper - YouTube
Martin Cooper, the inventor of the mobile cell phone, tells "The Communicators" about the current state of the wireless industry. Program from ...

National Gallery of Australia director Betty Churcher remembered as creative communicator
Betty Churcher has been lauded for her ability to provide a bridge between everyday Australians and art.

VIDEO: 1972—Established as pre-eminent communicators a…
1972—Established as pre-eminent communicators and visual masters of their day, the Eameses were asked by Polaroid to make a promotional announcement ...

Star Trek Communicator released as Bluetooth handset and speaker
Any Star Trek fan will remember the famous Communicator. This fictional device gave us a glimpse of what the future of mobile technology would ...

Bluetooth Star Trek communicator shows just how awesome real life is
... level, it's not a great surprise that there was all sorts of excitement this morning about this Bluetooth Star Trek: The Original Series Communicator. ...

Report: Tesla loses top communicator Simon Sproule to Aston Martin
Filed under: Aston Martin , Tesla Motors Looking for a new job? Have experience working in a frenetic environment, promoting cutting-edge mobility ...

Microsoft FAM: Office Communications Server, Communicator Ready To Ship
... Meeting , Microsoft Business Division President Jeff Raikes said the company’s Office Communications Server and Office Communications Communicator ...