Value of one field causes selection of dropdown list

I have a date field and a dropdown list on web form. The dropdown list contains 3 values.
I want that when I populate the Date field the dropdown list will be automatically set to one of the values in the drop down namely dated.

Has anyone any ideas how to do this?
thanks,
macca
0
macca

Hi Macca,
You can do it at server in TextChanged event of TextBox or at client in onchange event.
Leon Langleyben

MCSD, ASP.NET MVP

Blog
0
llangleyben

Selecting value in one field then causes value in another field to be selected.
I have a web form which contains a date field, the date is populated using a DatePicker which is Javascript based. The form also has a drop down box containing 3 values. What I want to do is when a date has been selected that this will cause the dropdown list value to change to dated which is one of its 3 values. i.e. when the date field is not blank then the value will be selected in the dropdown. What I also want to happen is when the date has been selected and the dropdown value is dated then the date field and the dropdown field will be set to read only.Anyone any ideas how to this usin...

can i drag the selected value of dropdown list in one web part to another web part
hi, supose i am having time displaying in on webpart can i drag the value of time to another web part and and display the time is: and the value draged from the other webpart so i want to drag the value year and population into antoher web part and according to that the grap must appear i.e what  i exactly want is i must drag some value from one webpart to onother webpart and according to event some thing must happen in another web part   Hi, The problem has been replied in the following post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1141884.aspx But from the title you described, do ...

Drop down list in Form view returns error when value in bound field (data binding
I get the following error when I click edit to edit the details in the web form:'ddlUserRestrictionType' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.Parameter name: value  I would like it to accept any value which currently exists in the database. Is this easily achievable? With what you've posted, all I can tell is that you are trying to set the SelectedValue of a ddl to a value that does not exist in the list.  It would be helpful if you can post some code and the expected values of this control.~ Timwww.bucketo...

Cascading Dropdown List
Hi, First post so hello and need some help with an issue I have been dealing with.  I have an intranet page I created in ASP.NET using C# .NET 3.5 with a few Ajax Extenders including 3 Cascading Dropdown Lists. Now I have used the Cascading dropdown lists for my own purposes i.e they do not actually cascade their results to another dropdown list, the reason I did this was due to the having a User Control that contains an update panel and other bits i.e I didn't want the control/page posting page (something that happens when you click on a regular dropdown list). Everything is wor...

How to combind two dropdown list values into one dropdown list?
Hi All, I refered some websites, they are combinding two dropdown list values into single, but i don't know .Net will support it or not? If any body knows it plz tell me how to achieve it?? EX: Go to Naukri.com and select Functional Area dropdown list there u can see main & sub category names in one dropdown list!!!   Thanks, Aswath.  hi just concatenate , or - for ex:Dropdownlist1.Datatextfield= maincategory & "," & Subcategory Regards,M.VenkatesanMy Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.comPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the pos...

Populate dropdown list based on selected value in another dropdown list
I have a datagrid (grdCar) that contains two dropdown listboxes (ddlCarManf and ddlCar). When the user clicks the "Edit" link and places the grid into edit mode, they select a value in ddlCarManf. Based on the selected value in ddlCarManf, I need to then populate ddlCar with a list of cars for which the selected manufacturer makes (I'm using ddlCarManf.SelectedValue to query the database).  I bind my datagrid in the page_load event as: If Not Page.IsPostBack Then    BindGrid() End If Here is my control (ddlCarManf) as is appears within grdCar in ...

Selection in one dropdown list effecting the visibility of another dropdown list
I have two drop down lists. They are not databound. We'll called them dropdownlist1 and dropdownlist2.Basicly, I want people to choose an object in the first dropdownlist. Depending on their selection, it will make certain items in dropdownlist2 invisible.Currently my thought is to have something in the lines of the following (In the dropdownlist1 - SelectedIndexChanged - Postback being set to Auto)if dropdownlist1.text = "Such and such" then(this is where I would declare which options are available)However, I do not know the proper syntax of saying make the following item...

one dropdown list affecting another dropdown list vb.net
I am desgining a website using VB.NET wherein the data items of one dropdown list depends on the selection of a data item in the previous dropdown list something similar to selection of country USA from 1st dropdown list...triggers 2nd dropdown with list of states in USA How can this be accomplished.... Any help will be appreciated... Thanks & Best Regards... hi boy,first I suggest turn on auto postback on first dropdownlist. In select index changes(first dropdownlist) - select value on second dropdownlist My blog is here.Please remember to 'Mark as Answer' i...

problem with selected text field and selected value field in check box list
Hi! i have a  problem with check box list:here is the code for binding the check box list with sqldatasource  SqlDataSource1.SelectCommand = "select vcentrolno,inttpaperno from tabmarksdetails where vcbunchno='" & strBunchNo & "'"  chkEnrolNos.DataBind()say now my chkEnrolNos consist of data in this way:vcentrolno        inttpaperno selected text   selected valueA11439            1A11439            2AR439    ...

Sorting microsoft report on web form from dropdown list values
Hi, I have a Microsoft report viewer tied into an object data source. The object data source is pointing to a data table .xsd file. I have setup my filtering using parameters in SQL and tying those parameters to controls on my web form to filter the report. That is working fine, however I also want to be able to use a dropdown list to select the fields to sort the report by, as well as what order ascending or descending.  I know you cannot use parameters in the Sort By column in SQL so I have been trying to use the SORT BY CASE statement then pointing those parameters to the dropdowns...

About dropdown list selected item and selected value
hi to all i have one table. that have albhapetic list of countries name and country id. i want to bind country table to dropdownlist. dropdownlist text field is country name the value field country id.the dropdown list heading is "-- select country--". but page load time i want load default country is INDIA and value is ind. guide me how achieve this scnario. You can write following line in Page load event.ddCountryDropDownList.SelectedValue = "ind";Hope this helps! Programmers are tools for converting caffeine into codeVisit my blog Try this way insteadDropDown...

adding values to the selected value in Dropdown list
 Hi,   I have dropdown box in my page which have some value inherted from the another list box in my page..Now in my second page , i have dropdown box with values and text value and list box... I'll be selecting the one value from the dropdown then i enter the value in text box and click on add button which will add the value in the list box like this i can able to add many value...now if i click on save button for the selected dropdpown item the added values in the listbox should be saved ...like this i add many values for many dropdown item and saved respectivelynow if c...

What causes this ? Last row in gridview gives "dropdown list has missing selected value"
Hi; I am getting the dropdown list has missing selected value, parameter value message when I click on the Edit button (Edit Mode) in the button column on the LAST row of my gridview and only on this row. The dropdown control works fine in all the others row. Why ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Thanks          Perhaps that row represents a record in the database table that has an invalid value in the columnSteve Wellens My blog Good answer. Invalid data in my db table. But the error message was right...

Web resources about - Value of one field causes selection of dropdown list - asp.net.web-forms

Selection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Megan Jones is seeking a faster cross country time to boost hopes of Olympic selection - AdelaideNow ...
SOUTH Australian Megan Jones had a simple wish on the eve of the talent-laden four-star competition at the Adelaide International Three Day Event. ...

Tinkoff Saxo's Michael Rogers aiming for Rio Olympics selection before retiring
Veteran cyclist will retire at the end of 2016, with the Tour de France and Olympics his focus.

Australian cricket's most surprising Test selections
While Nathan Coulter-Nile's selection for Australia's Test cricket squad was a surprise, it's hardly the first the Aussie selectors have sprung ...

The Law Firm Selection Guide
Download our Law Firm Selection Guide.

Jury Selection Begins for Officer Charged in Gray's Death
CBS Local Jury Selection Begins for Officer Charged in Gray's Death CBS Local BALTIMORE (WNEW/AP) — Jury selection for the first police officer ...

Jury selection to begin in first Freddie Gray trial
Officer William Porter could spend at least 10 years in prison if convicted for his alleged role in the death of the 25-year-old black man

Cubs' Kris Bryant unanimous selection as NL Rookie of the Year
Chicago Tribune Cubs' Kris Bryant unanimous selection as NL Rookie of the Year Chicago Tribune Bryant, 23, set franchise rookie records with ...

Jury selection begins in the first of six trials in Freddie Gray case
... in the back of a police van, the trial for the first of six Baltimore police officers accused of killing him is officially underway. Jury selection ...

A Selection Of Best Wines For Every Thanksgiving Dish
Wines everyone will love with the "culinary madness" that is Thanksgiving...