Validator controls - automatic server-side validation

To perform validation on the server using the validator controls, do i have to call the Validate method on each request or is there a way to set it to do this automatically?

0
furiousp

 Hi all,

I have figured this one out. I realised I wasn't checking the IsValid property before changing the ActiveView of my MultiView control.

0
furiousp

Validation control not doing server side validation?
I think the subject covers what I'm asking.  I want to run some checks on the data that was entered after the page was submitted, but I don't know how to handle it if there's a problem the user has to go back and fix.  So I thought I'd try to work around the validation control to see how .NET handles it.  I have a text field that is required.  When the submit button is clicked, I assume some client side validation is run.  I get the validation message I want and the form won't submit.   But then I made a change in the on click event of the submit butto...

validation, is it better to have client side or use server side validator controls
 Hi All. I want to do validation on text boxes etc. Is it better to do client side validation or just use the server side validation controls?   Hi!  If for server side controls you mean RequiredFieldValidator, CompareValidator, RegularExpressionValidator, etc.. i can tell you that they use client and server validation. For instance if you use a RequiredFieldValidator, on the client will be a validation, but on the server this condition will be evaluated again. Probably one of the objetives of this is deal with client with javascript disabled. Of course I ...

Validation controls are triggereing other forms validation controls?
Can someone please look at this an explain whats going on. When you click on subscribe it triggers my registration form validation controls. I'not sure what "subscribe" is supposed to do, but if you dont want it to cause validation, set the CausesValidation property to false.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Make sure the feild is an email address Hey coolkidsonly, your initial posting didn't show us anything to look at. We are just guessing here without the specifics. However, m...

Server Side Validation vs Client Side Validation
If your page is using client side validation for required fields, expressions, etc.     What are the benefits or disadvantages of using 'extra' server side validation for max lengths, parsing, etc? Both have their Advantages and Disadvantages... so give this a read http://www.dotnetexpertsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=172 Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET hi there, advantage: because you are using javascript some browsers for any reason may not sup...

client side validation vs server side validation
hello  i see a web form that consists of three controls :textbox,requiredfieldvalidator that weired to the textbox and a button within the click event of the button there is the following: if page.isvalid then response.redirect("Page is valid") else response.redirect("Page is not valid") end if according to my understandings: when the user does not fill anything in the textbox and then clicks the button the the page will not be submitted (i.e no request to the page will be happened or no postback will be happened) then no server event will be happened so it is sure when the us...

Server side validation affecting client side validation
Hi there I have some client side validation that is working fine and enables/disables buttons based on user selections. This works great. However, when I perform server side validation using custom validators (like checking if the user has entered < HTML > tags or decimals in the integer boxes) and the server side validation returns isValid = false then all of the JavaScript validation that I've already done when the user clicked each control is lost. I don't understand why the enabled/disabled state of the control is not maintained.  What is calling the JavaScr...

avoiding redundant server-side validation after client-side validation
I see an inaccurate validation behavior on my asp.net (2.0) form. The EnableClientScript property of my validation control is set to True by default, so it performs the validation on clientside. But as soon as this occurs, it also performs the server-side validation, so the page refreshes. When the validation error occurs on clientside, it should not do the validation on serverside (I'm not calling Page.Validate() or doing Page.IsValid). In my past experience, asp.net handled this automatically, but I guess it's not always the ca...

Controlling the controls a validator validates
Hello, I want to control which controls appear for a validator when they go to controltovalidate dropdown in property grid.  Is the solution to create a designer for the control?  How do you regulate that?  I can't override the ControlToValidate property... Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Well ur logic is true, thats the way, what u need to do is not override the property (cant), create another property, that implemen...

restricting Validation on server side if user side validation is done
I was facing a problem a majot trouble. IF we disable scripts and third party browser extentions then validators goes down, they jus stop working data goes straight in database. to restrict injection (sql as well as scripts and other) i need to perform server side validations. I am using regex to validate in code behind(.cs file) of aspx pages. But that code will execute even if client side validation is performed. I want a way to notify, means to restrict code to execute if client side Vlidation suceeds. Is there any way please help.  Hey, This is a common problem. On the serv...

Summary Validation Doesn't work for Custom Vlidation Control ,Server side validation
I have many validation controls, one of which is custom validation control. All the validation controls run on client side show proper validation summary message. But for Custom validation control, the validation summary doesn't show anything which runs on server side. Why? My sample code is as follow.protected void CusValSponsorName_ServerValidate*object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args*    {        string[] names = sd.getSponsorName("Select SponsorName from Sponsor");        foreach *string name in nam...

Validation controls does not validate on production server
  Hi,ASP.NET 1.1 My validation controls does not validate on the production server. The controls works fine on development environment and on QA/Test environment. It really drives me nuts. Anyone who has experience/solution with this?  Regards from Sweden Cheers Christoffer   I hd this exact same issue before.  When 1.1 first came out it had a js file for client-side validation with the new validation controls.  When the updated 1.14 came out it didnt properly move over the updated js file to the correct .net folder.  From a post on ...

validation controls
Hi all,I have a web form with a few controls and reqdfield, compare & regex validation controls. On all validation controls i have enabled the client script property. Yet when I submit the form it does a postback to do the validation. Any ideas? I am running vs2005 beta 2.TIA! Hello.how do these validators perform the validation of the other controlos? whar browser are you using?-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu Well they are regular requiredfield, regex & compare validators. Browser is latest version of Firefox. I had to use...

Validator Callout server-side validation
The toolkit demo says this:" The callouts do not currently display automatically after a server post-back and will only work for custom validators which utilize client-side validation. Even after a post-back the callout will display when the form is re-validated when a postback is attempted again."  It has said this since the control was released. Will the validator callout ever support server-side validation? Is there a way to force the callout to display after a server-side validation?  ...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Web resources about - Validator controls - automatic server-side validation - asp.net.web-forms

Server-side scripting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unfocused, scattered, unnecessary details. WikiProject Technology or the Technology Portal may be able to help recruit an expert. Server-side ...

Google Cloud Platform simplifies server-side development for iOS w/ ‘Mobile Backend Starter’
... Mobile Backend Starter that first debuted for Android developers back in June. Google says the application helps to simplify the server-side ...

Free Cooling: the Server Side of the Story
Servers that support higher inlet temperatures could significantly reduce or even eliminate the cooling costs of the data center. We received ...

[Update: Check Now] Play Store For Android Gets Search Bar With Hamburger Flip In Server-Side Update
Google is pushing out an update to the Play Store's Android interface that replaces the action bar with a standard search bar. Inside are the ...

Server-side update makes Siri a stickler for succinctness
Siri is already well known for her wit and willingness to joke, but a recent server-side update has given Apple's digital assistant the ability ...

Japanese RIAA wants server-side music DRM for mobile phones
The Recording Industry Association of Japan—the Japanese version of the RIAA— …

New BaaS platform aims to eliminate writing server-side code
... offering for desktop and mobile developers that's now leaving its beta phase. By removing the need for writing code on the server-side, Backendless ...

Dart improves async and server-side performance
... Team Today's release of the Dart SDK version 1.3 includes a 2x performance improvement for asynchronous Dart code combined with server-side ...

Customize Google Using Server-Side Scripts
Google's services have a lot of powerful features, but they can't offer all the options requested by users. A popular way to customize Google ...