Validation controls does not validate on production server

Hi,
ASP.NET 1.1

My validation controls does not validate on the production server. The controls works fine on development environment and on QA/Test environment. It really drives me nuts. Anyone who has experience/solution with this?

Regards from Sweden

Cheers

Christoffer

0
ChristofferTau

I hd this exact same issue before.  When 1.1 first came out it had a js file for client-side validation with the new validation controls.  When the updated 1.14 came out it didnt properly move over the updated js file to the correct .net folder.

From a post on the issue:

The problem is the javascript file WebValidationUi.js in aspnet_client folder. The changes in that file prevent a page to be submitted.

The workaround is simple, just copy the old WebValidateionUi.js over the new one. Microsoft will release the patch at some time, meanwhile, I bet you would like to have SP1 installed on your servers.

This post is located at http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=21650.

0
tacoman667
6/13/2007 2:45:33 PM

 Thanx a lot tacoman667! It worked.

Have a great day

/Christoffer

0
ChristofferTau

Validation controls are triggereing other forms validation controls?
Can someone please look at this an explain whats going on. When you click on subscribe it triggers my registration form validation controls. I'not sure what "subscribe" is supposed to do, but if you dont want it to cause validation, set the CausesValidation property to false.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Make sure the feild is an email address Hey coolkidsonly, your initial posting didn't show us anything to look at. We are just guessing here without the specifics. However, m...

Controlling the controls a validator validates
Hello, I want to control which controls appear for a validator when they go to controltovalidate dropdown in property grid.  Is the solution to create a designer for the control?  How do you regulate that?  I can't override the ControlToValidate property... Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Well ur logic is true, thats the way, what u need to do is not override the property (cant), create another property, that implemen...

Validation control not doing server side validation?
I think the subject covers what I'm asking.  I want to run some checks on the data that was entered after the page was submitted, but I don't know how to handle it if there's a problem the user has to go back and fix.  So I thought I'd try to work around the validation control to see how .NET handles it.  I have a text field that is required.  When the submit button is clicked, I assume some client side validation is run.  I get the validation message I want and the form won't submit.   But then I made a change in the on click event of the submit butto...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

How to validate controls on a .NET 2.0 Web user Control
Hi Guys, (ASP.NET 2.0 / C#) I've looked thorugh every post on validating web user controls (and know about Pter Blum's Professional Validation and More package) - but can't seem to get my head around whre to start. I have a web user control, called wucICL.ascx on a we page called AddEditInvestment.aspx.  I would like to validate a couple of DropDownLists (ddlAccounts and ddlContacts) when the Insert and Update buttons are clicked on the AddEdit Investment page. The other controls on the AddEditInvestments page belong to a validation group called All Validators and the DropDownL...

Validator controls
To perform validation on the server using the validator controls, do i have to call the Validate method on each request or is there a way to set it to do this automatically?   Hi all, I have figured this one out. I realised I wasn't checking the IsValid property before changing the ActiveView of my MultiView control. ...

validating .net validation controls using javascript
 I need to validate multiple .net validation groups(a normal group would consist of RequiredFieldValidators, RegularExpressionValidators, ValidationSummary, etc) using javascript.  I am using Page_ClientValidate("GroupName") to validate the groups.  The problem arises when i validate multiple groups.  The validation summary and errors only appear for the last group validated or nothing appears if the last group validated returns true.  I want all validation summaries and errors to appear for all groups that return a false validation.  I'll never va...

Validating States dropdownlist with all other validation controls on form?
I have States dropdownlist  starts with "--" ListItem and 50 States. If user select "--" first ListItem, I need validate at client. Right now I am doing code behind side validation. But I have other controls on the form for validation, So I need to validate all at time. on submit button click.   Hi Srikanth, Place a required field for states dropdown list and set the "intial value" property of required field validator to "--". On Submit click validation is done. Above is the solution if i am not misunderstood you.   Regards, Pra...

Why validation control validate after...
I am using asp file upload and apply requiredfield validator and it shows an error message when i click on button its work fine but after selectin of file i press again click button the file upload successfully but the error message display again after successfull execution how can i solve this...Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you. Hi, What error you encountered? And could you please post some code? You didn't refer to Ajax functionality. BTW if you put fileupload control into UpdatePanel, it is not available. UpdatePanel doesn't support fileupload.Vi...

Server Control Form Validation
How do I validate a textbox on condition of a previosuly chosen radioButton being true. cheers If you don't mind a post back to the server when the button is selected you could add this procedure to deal with the event of the radiobutton being selected: Private Sub RadioButton1_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadioButton1.CheckedChanged If validator.Enabled = False Then validator.Enabled = True Else validator.Enabled = False End If End Sub That will turn o...

Validating server web control
How do i validate the server web control using javascript? ie if i want to check the user entered is only numeric in the textbox(server web control). this validation i want to write in javascript. any code pl.? RegardsVenkat Use a CompareValidatorAsk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9...

Web Form and Validation Controls
Hi, I have two problems with my Web Form. I have text boxes which represents a bill to address and a ship to address. Between the two addresses, I have a check box. The check box is used to allow user to enter a ship to address if it is different than the bill to address. So, if user wants to enter in a ship to address, then he will check the box. I have code which will enable all the ship to address's text boxes. I am using required field validation controls with the validation summary control. First problem, with no ship to address: If I enter in a bill to address correc...

To validate or not to validate
Hey people! Here is my situation - I've created a dynamic data website with one table. The fields of this table are mostly varchar() not NULL, and all fields are defined with default value. When trying to insert new row with empty values I get required validation on all fields. What would be the best way to enable this validation only on some of these fields, while using default values for the others? For example empty string for varchar or 0 for int, etc Thanks Michael no in this case it will be add what error its return when u add. .Net DeveloperWeb Site Design and W...

Validator.Validate() ?
Hello guys,When I created a function to do custom validation I tried to use RegularExpressionValidator.Validate(). My code: 1 protected void EvaluateNewGateWay(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) 2 { 3 if (chBoxNewGW.Checked) 4 { 5 RegularExpressionValidator rev = new RegularExpressionValidator(); 6 rev.ErrorMessage = "REV Error"; 7 rev.ControlToValidate = "txtNewGW"; 8 rev.ValidationExpression = "http(s)?://([\\w-]+\\.)+[\\w-]+(/[\\w- ./?%&=]*)?"; 9 rev.Tex...

Web resources about - Validation controls does not validate on production server - asp.net.web-forms

Cross-validation (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a model validation technique for assessing how the results of a statistical analysis will generalize to an independent data set. It is mainly ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...