Validation controls and Firefox (+ other 'downlovel' browsers) browsers...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas on where to get validation controls that work on all browsers. The ones for VS 2003 do not work on non-IE browsers, and although I found third-party controls at PeterBlum.com that do work (tested the trial version), I cannot seem to get a hold of Mr. Blum to purchase a license. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin F.

0
packaddikt42

Hi Colin,

As for placing an order, just visit: http://www.peterblum.com/VAM/Commercial.aspx.
--- Peter Blum
Creator of Peter's Data Entry Suite (formerly Professional Validation And More and Peter's Date Package) and Peter's Polling Package
www.PeterBlum.com
0
PLBlum

ver 3.6b4 Firefox browser
Name: info@cosmiccircuit.com Email: infoatcosmiccircuitdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: ver 3.6b4 Firefox browser - can't play Quicktime X files created using 'Save for Web' Comments: Still unable to display Apple's videos created using Quicktime X's 'save for web' feature. See an example at: http://concertvideopro.com/samples/index2.htm These videos play in IE & Safari ok. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

How to Dist Between 'Web Forms' and 'HTML' Controls in VS 2005 IDE
I am using ASP.NET 2.  In books and articles, authors refer to and distinguish between 'Web' controls and 'HTML' controls.In the actual Vis Studio IDE toolbox for web forms,  I have one list of controls called 'Standard' containing controls like 'Button' etc. There is also a list labelled 'HTML'  with things like 'INPUT (button)' . There are a few other lists, but none labelled 'Web'. Where are the 'Web' controls found and what are they called in the IDE?  Same for the 'HTML' controls.   I see references in books to 'HTML' controls called 'TextBox', but I d...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

''''''''''''''''''''

WEB FORMS CONTROLS DON'T DISPLAY IN BROWSERS
The text boxes, drop-down list boxes and other web forms controls do not display on the browser when accessed from a computer on a local network different from the development machine. However, ordinary HTML textfields and controls are rendered. What could possibly be the problem, and how can i get it fixed. SOS! Hi,could you provide some relevant code of your page that's going weird? Also are you sure you can run ASP.NET on your server? Also try the aspnet_regiis -i solution.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

''null' or not an object' error using validation controls in user control
Wonder if anybody has come across this before.I’m using Atlas together with some user controls I’ve created for user input that has validation controls on the forms.  If I remove the validation controls then all works fine… however once they are enabled I get a very annoying javascript error saying “ ‘null’ is null or not an object “ Where do I even start debugging this? If somebody knows what im doing wrong or how I could fix this please let me know.   Thanks ...

i don't see none of my web form controls on my browser
Hi, i have a problem... i  place my web form controls on the Web form  (Grid or Flow layout), i make Build and Browse and i can see only the Label control on the Browser (Up and Left). The other Controls have gone. What am i doing wrong? Thanx in advance You need to be a little more specific.  Can your system serve up other ASP.NET pages? Check your html view of the page after you added those controls. make sure they are added inside the Form tagKumar Reddi  i wonder if it is something wrong with my IIS or Server. The problem appears only with the Web Form ...

'''''

System.Web.HttpException: Control 'ctl00_main_Wizard1' of type 'Wizard' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.
I can't figure out why it is saying that. . . the content window that it is in and the wizard itself both have runat="server" set in their tags 2 things to check..1. Do you have the main <form runat="server'></form> tags ( the wizard would be between these tags)2. look for typos - something mistyped will prevent .Net from seeing the form tagHope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout...

'View In Browser'
 Just installed VS 2008 and started to view the ASP.Net videos to experiment with the sample code. Win/XP Pro SP-2 Verizon/Yahoo DSL   A simple web site was created with a label, checkbox and login control.  When I click on the 'start debugging' arrow, the website displays correctly with the following URL: http://localhost:1261/adminTest/Default.aspx It makes NO difference if  'Use dynamic ports' is set to True or False for the project... If I try to view a page using the 'View In Browser' method or attempt to invoke the ASP.NET Configur...

'System.Web.UI.Control.Context' denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected
I get the following error when trying to compile my project. The call to Context lies in a usercontrol. It works fine when called from a page, but how do I call it from a usercontrol? private User _currentUser = new User(Context.User.Identity.Name); 'System.Web.UI.Control.Context' denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected Firefox - The browser you can trust Update: private User _currentUser = new User(Context.User.Identity.Name);Is declared inside the class, not in a function. Like: public class Someclass : System.Web.UI.UserControl { private User _currentUser = new...

I've been brainstorming here, oK, basically, I have a PS3, and it has a web browser...the browser sucks, it blows, flash on it is outdated, and on top of that it's a memory hogger...I was thinking now #3
Name: Andy Product: Firefox Summary: I've been brainstorming here, oK, basically, I have a PS3, and it has a web browser...the browser sucks, it blows, flash on it is outdated, and on top of that it's a memory hogger...I was thinking now, FF3 is my favorite browser, PS3 my favorite console, why not combine both?The thing is, I don't know how ambitious this idea is, unlike MS, Sony has a very open source platform, lets you install linux, mods on certain ps3 games, etc..., but, I'm not sure how much my idea is likely of being 'Fantasy', than reality, FF3 is a great b...

I've been brainstorming here, oK, basically, I have a PS3, and it has a web browser...the browser sucks, it blows, flash on it is outdated, and on top of that it's a memory hogger...I was thinking now #2
Name: Andy Product: Firefox Summary: I've been brainstorming here, oK, basically, I have a PS3, and it has a web browser...the browser sucks, it blows, flash on it is outdated, and on top of that it's a memory hogger...I was thinking now, FF3 is my favorite browser, PS3 my favorite console, why not combine both?The thing is, I don't know how ambitious this idea is, unlike MS, Sony has a very open source platform, lets you install linux, mods on certain ps3 games, etc..., but, I'm not sure how much my idea is likely of being 'Fantasy', than reality, FF3 is a great b...

Web resources about - Validation controls and Firefox (+ other 'downlovel' browsers) browsers... - asp.net.web-forms