Validating integer value

Hi,

  I am trying to validate for integer value for phone number and this is my code

<asp:TextBox ID="PhoneNumber" runat="server" MaxLength="11" ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator3" runat="server" ControlToValidate="PhoneNumber"

Display="Dynamic" ErrorMessage="Please Enter Numeric value" Operator="DataTypeCheck"

Type="Integer" ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"></asp:CompareValidator>

but if the length of entered number is greater than 9 it will not save and if its 9 or less it works fine

How can I solve this problem?

sammus

search on the web for regular expression validation of numbers in combination with asp validators, this will solve your problem

regards, roni
---
speed up your applications with distributed caching or replicated caching: http://www.sharedcache.com - its free!
0
roni_schuetz
1/17/2008 1:34:51 AM

What should be the expression to validate for numbers??

This is what I tried

<asp:TextBox ID="PhoneNumber" runat="server" MaxLength="50" ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1" ></asp:TextBox>

<asp:RegularExpressionValidator id="RegularExpressionValidator1" runat="server"

ControlToValidate="PhoneNumber"

ValidationExpression="^\[0-9]"

ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"

Display="Static"

Phone must be 10-11 numeric digits

</asp:RegularExpressionValidator>

0
sammus
1/17/2008 1:56:09 AM

Hi Sammus,

You can use javascript like below

<script type ="text/javascript" language="javascript" >
function ValidateText(i)
{
    if(i.value.length>0)
    {
    i.value = i.value.replace(/[^\d]+/g, '');
    }
}
</script>

In your textbox add the onkey up..

 <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" OnTextChanged="TextBox1_TextChanged" onkeyup = "ValidateText(this)"></asp:TextBox>

Regards,Vinz

vinz
1/17/2008 2:50:18 AM

Hi sammus,

        Based on my understanding, you wana validate if the PhoneNumber.Text is a value of a valid phone number. There is a Regular Expression Validator in the Visual Web Developer. You can simplely add it onto your page. Just don't forget to set the "CtrolToValidate" property and select ValidateExpression in the property window. It has some formats of phone numbers of various countrys already.

        If all the formats don't fit your demand, please describe explicitly what is the format of the phone number that you want.

        For example, is you want it to be like this: 010-87358217 or simplely 87358217, then you should set the ValidateExpression like this: (\d{3}-)?(\d{8}). This will match all the xxx-xxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxx like input digital numbers.

        As well, don't forget to add a RequiredFieldValidator to the TextBox if needed.

        Moreover, You can always find regular expression very easily at this site. http://regexlib.com/

Regards,

Ivan.

0
Ivan
1/18/2008 7:16:55 AM

Hi Sammus,

try this

[0-9]{10}$

where {10} will be the parameter to limit the phone number digits. u can modify it as per ur req.

it will compulsory take 10 numbers neither less nor more than that ok.

Hope this helps.

bye

Prashant.

0
RutuPrash

passing values to .net web form application
Hi Can any explain me abt how to pass values to my .NET web form application (designed using PB 11.1) from other web application? My intension is to redirect from a web application (ASP.NET to .net web form application) to my web application with user information. Thanks & Regards, Anbazhagan From the "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" manual: >>> Starting an application with command line parameters If your application requires command line parameters, you can assign values to the PBCommandParm global property before you deploy the...

Send e-mail with web form values (vb.net)
I'm sure this is very simple but;I have a form with numerous (<50) textbox controls and related Label controls; ie: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Last Name: "></asp:Label> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>When the form is submitted I want to loop through each label control and textbox control and get their Text values for the e-mail without specifying each control. Anyone have suggestions on the best way to do this?Any assistance appreciated greatly!   Here is a solution for you in VB.net:http://www.extremeexperts.com/...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Clearing Web Controls Values from a Web Form
I have a web form and after a user submit it I want to clear the form so that they may submit another entry. I have seen examples in VB of how to loop thru a web form and clear the controls, but I need a C# solution. I have tried the following code, while it does not give me an error, it does not clear the controls on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks! foreach (Control parent in Page.Controls)         {             foreach (Control child in parent.Controls)           ...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Web forms and mobile web forms

How to validate for integer input in a texbox of the form control when column is integer
I have a sql table with a column that is set to int. In my aspx form I set the value of the ValueToCompare property of CompareValidator in the folowing fashion: On a submit, Integer value is not written to sql table. If I remove the validator, everything works fine. <asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator2" runat="server" ControlToValidate="GBDataMovedTextBox" ErrorMessage="Enter a number" Operator="DataTypeCheck" Text='<%# Bind("GBdatamoved", "{0}") %>' Type="Integer"></asp:CompareV...

Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control
Hi  I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID. How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?  Kind regards   Check this ;ink  http://www.codeproject.com/K...

Web form and a gridview on the same page with data validators
I have a form where a user can submit a new customer and directly below that is a gridview where they can view the customer they just submited plus their other customers they have submited in the past. Now this gridview has the edit/update property so the user can modify their customer information. The whole idea is to have 1 single page where a user can do everything they need to without having to be linked to another page. On this page we can submit new customer info and view the status/info of existing customers and edit that info as needed. So far that works fine. I can submit the new c...

Web resources about - Validating integer value - asp.net.web-forms

Talking to police about Ghomeshi allegations was validating: Decoutere
One of the women accusing former CBC host Jian Ghomeshi of violent behaviour is encouraging other potential victims not to be afraid of speaking ...

Validating Input and Interprocess Communication
Describes techniques to use and factors to consider to make your code more secure from attack.

Validating team-by-team R and RBI predictions for 2012 AL Edition
Unless you're a big fan of my writing, you may not know that at this time last year, I wrote for a different SB Nation site: the dearly departed ...

"It is important not to create a precedent validating the prohibition of the sale of any object of a ...
"... regardless of the culture concerned... Our goal has always been to showcase Hopi culture and make it accessible to the largest number of ...

Validating the Donald
Validating the Donald by digby In Salon today , I wrote about the right wing media's immigration backlash strategy by validating Donald Trump's ...

Validating your marketing audience
... enjoyed this, please share it with your network! Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn ? Get daily updates now: The post Validating ...

Validating Albert Einstein, physicists make major discovery about the early universe
In the beginning there was the Big Bang. What we know about this time is that the universe was extremely hot, dense and almost uniform; it was ...

Validating Architecture through LINQ Query
... is simple enough to get validated at a glance. But at a glance is not enough. What about defining custom rules that take care of validating ...

From Data to Action – Best Practices for Validating and Optimizing Your Digital Campaigns - comScore ...
In this webinar, comScore Senior Industry Analyst Jason Patterson explores how you can use comScore's validated data to optimize and improve ...

TDD of a WinForm app – Part 5 – Validating the account data
In our last post, we worked on allowing our user to enter new accounts – basically making our AddAccountForm usable. We were able to do that ...