Using values returned by stored procedure

I have called a stored procedure and bound the dataset to a repeater but I need to use elements of what is returned in textboxes.

Could somebody tell me the basic syntax to put into the vb script, I have the code below so far
SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet1)
Repeater1.DataSource = DataSet1
Repeater1.DataBind()
TextBox1.Text =
scotty_boy

hi,
what does your stored procedure return?
how many text box controls you need to bind with the returned values?
write back so that can help.
thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
6/1/2004 2:07:44 PM
The stored procedure returns 3 values comments, ascentID and status.

I need to fill a textbox with ascentID and one with comments.
0
scotty_boy
6/1/2004 2:15:33 PM

hi,
i assume your procedure just does some select statement, if so, you better use the DataReader so that you can bind the datagrid as well as fill the textboxes like the
following:-

datagrid1.datasource = objrdr
datagrid1.databind();
textbox1.text = objrdr["ascentID"].ToString();
textbox2.text = objrdr["comments"].ToString();

where objrdr is the DataReader Object.
hope it helps.

regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
6/1/2004 3:11:15 PM
after you fill the dataset it's pretty easy

textbox1.text=dataset1.tables(0).rows(0).item("ascentID")
0
Kuhndog69

How to Retrive the store procedure return value in Ado.Net by using Dot Net?
Hi i am thiru. i try to create the small search engine. so that i have wrote the store procedure for it. thats given below.Create procedure FindtestThree @Name varchar(25), @Location varchar(25), @EmpId varchar(25) as select * from TbInfo where Name like + '%' + @Name + '%' select * from TbInfo where Location like + '%' + @Location + '%' select * from hi where ComName like + '%' + @EmpId + '%' Exec FindtestThree 'aa','a','d' ----------------------------------------- The above procedure return t...

Return Value when using CLR stored procedure. (Edit: For use in SQL side paging)
I have a stored procedure that I put together using the CLR.  The basic idea is the have a query that can accept any number of values.  I havent included the portion of the code that handles smalldatetime searches and I havent yet finished the logic to handle sql data type constraints but I have been working on paging using SQL's Row_Number().  The code below works but I havent been able to come up with a way to find out either how many pages the result set has or how many total rows in the result set.  I thought there might be a way to use a procedure's Return Va...

Visual Web Express auto generated stored procedure failing to return "return value"
I've added a dataset file to my project, and dragged a stored procedure from ms sql 2003 server. It autogenerated a wrapper functino for that. The stored procedure is set as a "scalar" function returning an Int of a parameter @RETURN_VALUE, and type set to ReturnValue. However, when i execute the function, the function returns a type of object set to null. When i do "exec @ret = mysproc" from the server, it returns a correct value.   any idea?   All my other sprocs behvae the same. all return values are set to null.     Turns out, that a scalar function allow...

Use Resultset Returned from a Stored Procedure in another Stored Procedure
I have a store procedure (e.g. sp_FetchOpenItems) in which I would like to call an existing stored procedure (e.g. sp_FetchAnalysts). The stored proc, sp_FetchAnalysts returns a resultset of all analysts in the system. I would like to call sp_FetchAnalysts from within sp_FetchOpenItems and insert the resultset from sp_FetchAnalysts into a local temporary table. Is this possible?  Thanks, Kevin Yes you do that with sp_executesql that is covered in the first link and if you need temp tables the second link covers some tricks of how to use them.  Hope this helps. http://support...

Using a Stored Procedure to query other stored procedures and then return the results
Seems like I'm stealing all the threads here, :\ But I need to learn :) I have a StoredProcedure that needs to return values that other StoredProcedures return.Rather than have my DataAccess layer access the DB multiple times, I would like to call One stored Procedure, and have that stored procedure call the others to get the information I need. I think this way would be more efficient than accessing the DB  multiple times. One of my SP is:SELECT I.ItemDetailID, I.ItemDetailStatusID, I.ItemDetailTypeID, I.Archived,     I.Expired, I.ExpireDate, I.Deleted, S.N...

using stored procedure with default values with form
Hi I am in trouble. I created a big form inserting values to 1 main table and 6 lookup tables. Text boxes/drop downs on the form are visible as needed.For example if I am adding a new acount than a new account name/type textbox comes else is invisible(if existing account I read id no from drop down) I wrote stored procedure with lots of parameters set to null. The idea is that some values are not passed if not needed (for example I choose an old account id and do not want account name option ) in which case stored procedure refers to default null value. Well now I put this sproc ...

Return value in a stored Procedure using PD
Hi, I am running a stored procedure that needs to pass a value back to PowerDynamo. I have looked through the PD books on this and cannot find anything relevant to stored procedures, in the index. my connection calls the stored procedure with 3 values. The last line in stored procedure is a select stmt from a table to pull back an ID. How is that Id to be referenced in the PD code? thanks samantha PD cant handle return values or INOUT's. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division S.Brooks <sbrooks@fnac-usa.com> wrote in message news:3899AD8A.1883C748@fnac-usa....

using the return value from a stored procedure in VB
 Hi guys I know this is a really common question, and I have read loads of replies on it but everything I try does not work.  I have written a small stored procedure in SQL server to upload images to a table and return the new ID using scope_identity.  I have tested it and it works fine.  here it is:*******    @siteID numeric(18,0),    @imgNum numeric(18,0),    @title NVarchar(50),    @MIMEtype nchar(10),    @imageData varbinary(max)ASBEGINSET NOCOUNT ONdeclare @imageID intINSERT INTO [site_im...

How do I use the return value from a SQL stored procedure?
I want to be able to use the returned number to set a Label accordingly.Something like this:if the return value == 1 then Label1.Text = "Correct" else Label1.Text = "Wrong" What is the correct syntax for this?  I couldn't find this answer. If you've just got one return parameter, I usually stick with ExecuteScalar. This will execute a stored procedure and return an object, which is taken from the first row and first column of whatever the stored procedure returns.So at the end of the stored procedure, after doing what you need to do, add a select stat...

How to use the return value of a stored procedure (URGENT)
  Hi everyone, I have a stored procedure as the following:1 ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.logincheck2 @ID int,3 @Password varchar(50),4 @Result int output5 AS6 IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM users WHERE (ID=@ID AND Password=@Password))7 BEGIN8 SET @Result=19 END10 11 ELSE12 BEGIN13 SET @Result=014 END15 16 RETURN @Result What I'm trying to do is using @result in my login.aspx.vb to check if user exists in my database. If he is, the result should be 1 and if not it should be 0. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. I must...

Retreiving Return Value of Stored Procedure using TableAdapter
 I am using a sp with a tableadapter. This returns a interger value, namely if there are not any errors the newly created row's id value. I have found code to fix this but was wondering if anybody else had the same issue and how they fixed it. Here is how I am getting the information now and it is working good. The only issue I have with this is that you have to look through the asp.net generated code to find the commandcollection number, which will be hard coded in my code. I would rather not do this since if the tableadapter changes that this number will change as well. and h...

Returning Value to Web App via Stored Procedure
I am trying to run an update stored procedure that will add 1 revision to the rev field and return the Value back to my Application. My number is incrementing by 2 and not 1. Here is my Stored Procedure CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.sp_Update_file @kbid big,@filename nvarchar(50),@rev big OUTPUT,@moddate datetime,@owner nvarchar(50),@author nvarchar(50)AsUPDATE KBFile SET rev = rev + 1,filename = @filename,moddate = @moddate,owner = @owner,author = @author,@rev = (Select rev from kbfile where kbid = @kbid)WHERE kbid = @kbIDGOIrǿn Sįghţs © I woudl ecommend to do somehing like this, and check if ...

How do I Use dataset to return a single value (No stored procedures)
I am using the request.queritystring to get the product id which is passed through the URL.  Then using the product id using a sql query, I have to return the product name to be displayed on my web page.  So to do this, how can I do it with a dataset (I dont want to write a stored procedure). For example, in my front end code I have some thing like Product Name: "<%= _productname %>"   In the code behind: public string _productname = null; public int _productid; protected void PageLoad(object sender, EventArgs e) {  _productname = "I hav...

Problem with return value of stored procedure when using tableadapters
hello Could you please help me with this problem? I have a stored procedure like this: ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.UniqueChannelName ( @UserName nvarchar(50), @ChannelName nvarchar(50) ) AS return 5;   Then inside of my dataset, I added a new query(dataset1.QueriesTableAdapter) to handle above mentioned stored procedure. Properties window is showing that return type of this adapter is of type int32 as we expected to be. now I want to use it inside of my code: DataSet1TableAdapters.QueriesTableAdapter b = new DataSet1TableAdapters.QueriesTableAdapter(); int i; i=Convert.To...

Web resources about - Using values returned by stored procedure - asp.net.web-forms

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'
Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'

Robust Growth In Procedures, Beneficial Product Mix Drive Intuitive Surgical's Strong Q3 Performance
The company’s non-GAAP gross margin improved by over 2 percentage points year-on-year due to higher average selling prices, cost savings, and ...

US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor ...
US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor test performances by TSA screeners

Concession: Ryan promises Freedom Caucus he’ll delay discussion of reforming procedure for removing the ...
Compromise. Like I said this morning, it sounds like they did a little horse-trading at their summit. Ryan wants them to give up their right ...