Using same assemblies by ASP.NET Web site, Windows App and Windows Service

Hi!

Is it possible to change the location of the BIN folder and use another one located outside the web site's root (without registering modules in the gac)?
The situation is the following:
  • My overall project includes both ASP.NET web site, Windows Service and Windows Application which use common assemblies I created.
  • I would like all my assemblies to exist only once for the overall project
  • I would like to be able to have multiple copies of the overall project of the same or different version on the same machine.
  • Of course, I would like like my Windows Service and Windows App to run from inside the web site's BIN folder.
So... is it possible to copy all assemblies into a single folder which will be used by all the apps?

Dimitris

Dimitris Papadimitriou
Software Development Professional
0
dipapadi2000

There may be a better way to do this, but...

You could create a web service that acted as a wrapper and provided access to the DLL functions.  This way it could reside on a single web server and everything would access them through a web reference.

0
jknack
4/13/2005 4:06:57 PM
Thx for the tip. This could be a solution...but I would like to stick
to first scenario for some reasons. Is that scenario possible?

Dimitris Papadimitriou
Software Development Professional
0
dipapadi2000
4/13/2005 4:50:22 PM
I dont think so.  As far as I know, the DLLs have to be either in the GAC, or in the BIN directory.  You may try looking up info on remoting.  From what I know about it, it may get you the results that you want, but I believe that there is a performance hit when using it. This article: http://www.developer.com/net/cplus/article.php/1479761 has information on the two types (web service/remoting).
0
jknack

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Access data using web service from a Dot Net windows user control
Hi, I have a Windows Control Library and many UserControls in them. I added the output .DLL to another web project. I have put the dll in the root folder of the website. Now, in my .aspx pages I will declare <object> as follows. <object id="some id" name="some name" classid="some.dll#namespace.usercontrol name" width="578" height="404">    <param name="DAWebServiceUrl" value="<%=DAWebServiceUrl%>" /></object> This works fine if the url of the website has LOCALHOST. If I use t...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

change a web reference to a web service in the config file of an object used by a windows service
In my solution (visual studios 2005), I have a windows service and a business object.  The business object has a web reference to a web service.  I maid the web reference dynamic and it created an applicationSettings section in the appconfig:<configuration>           <applicationSettings>        <Objects.Properties.Settings>            <setting name="Objects_LookupService_auth"        &nbs...

How to connect PB .NET Web Forms to MS SQL 2005 via SNC using "Windows Authentication"?
Dear All, I have a PowerBuilder native client / server application which connects fine to the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 back-end database via the SNC native driver using "Windows Authentication" (NOT "SQL Server Authentication"). The corresponding program code being used is as shown below: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// String ls_userid, ls_password ls_userid = sle_id.Text ls_password = sle_password.Text IF Len(ls_userid) <> 0 AND Len(ls_password) <> 0 THEN // Pro...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

using Windows apllication through web in .NET
Hi, I am having a set of code related to Active Directory that works fine with my windows application, but gives some error in web application. So, is there any way that I can convert my windows application to DLL format and incorporate it in my web application through reference ? OR in what way I can incorporate the windows application codings in .NET to web application thanks in advance, Karthik   maybe the problem is the user account that the web server is using is the web sever's aspnet user. You could use impersonation of a domain account to get accessNiall...

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

Web resources about - Using same assemblies by ASP.NET Web site, Windows App and Windows Service - asp.net.web-forms

General Council of the Assemblies of God in the United States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
The General Council of the Assemblies of God in the United States of America or Assemblies of God USA ( AG ) is a Pentecostal Christian denomination ...

Christian Assemblies International: Former members detail abuse handed out by CAI leader Scott Williams ...
Former members of a Christian cult detail shocking abuse and torment they suffered under the reign of one man. A four-year investigation by the ...

Purported iPad Mini parts show full digitizer, frame and housing assemblies
Ukrainianiphone.com reports to have obtained parts for the upcoming iPad mini.

From today's Lectionary: "I cannot endure solemn assemblies..."
Isaiah 1:10-18 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD, you rulers of Sodom! Listen to the teaching of our God, you people of Gomorrah! 1:11 What to ...

The latest leaked image of the Apple ‘iPhone 6′ shows complete logic board assemblies
The parade of iPhone 6 leaks continues. The latest is a photo that purportedly shows complete logic board assemblies for the long-rumored device. ...

High resolution images claim to show 'iPhone 5S' and iPhone 5 display assemblies side-by-side
A set of high resolution images were posted to the Web late Tuesday claiming to show a side-by-side comparison of the display assemblies for ...

VOX POPULI: Local assemblies sound off on ending reliance on nuclear energy
The gag line “oyobidenai” (I’m not welcome), made famous by comedian Hitoshi Ueki (1926-2007), is used by people who know they are uninvited, ...

Industrial Production Rebounds in April; Vehicle Assemblies Were Highest in Almost Five Years
The Federal Reserve released its report today on Industrial Production in April , here are some highlights: 1. Overall industrial output increased ...

Oklahoma City Congregation Divided as Pastor Battles With Assemblies of God Over Rights to the Church's ...
Members of El Tabernaculo de Fe, a large Hispanic Oklahoma City congregation, are now reportedly brawling with each other as their pastor, Rev. ...

Abolish religious assemblies in schools, says new report
Religious assemblies in schools should be abolished, a new report says today.