Using images in a Web form

I have created a form that once a "Title" is selected from the dropdown box, click on select and the page is redirected to a "Results" page.  The "results" page displays information pertaining to the "Title" as well as a photo or image.  My dilema is that I am able to display the textual information, but can not display the image/photo.  I have the images/photos stored in a folder and figure I need to call these images in my code somehow, but I do not have the slightest idea of how to do this.  Can someone, anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

Dim Ds As DataSet
Dim connString1 As String = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("connString1") 'bkf-sql1/jHelp
Dim cnnConnection As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(connString1)
Dim cmdCommand As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter

Public Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Results()
End Sub
Public Sub Results()
Dim cmdCommand As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter
Dim ddlTitle As String
cmdCommand = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter("Select MD_Code, MD_Savings, MD_Description From MagDirect_List Where MD_Title = @MD_Title ", cnnConnection)
cmdCommand.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@MD_Title", SqlDbType.VarChar, 40).Value = "Esquire" 'Request.QueryString("MD_Title")
Ds = New DataSet
cmdCommand.Fill(Ds, "Results")
lblCode.Text = Ds.Tables("Results").Rows(0)("MD_Code").ToString()
lblSavings.Text = Ds.Tables("Results").Rows(0)("MD_Savings").ToString()
lblDescription.Text = Ds.Tables("Results").Rows(0)("MD_Description").ToString()
End Sub
0
vedwards

have u tried to put the column number in the Ds.Tables("Results").Rows(0)(0).TString() ?

instead of MD_CODE try to put the column number, and do the same thing for others too.
also, if u still have the error, can u show us the error ?
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
4/6/2004 8:37:31 PM
I'm sorry I do not understand, I have not received an error with this code yet.  I am trying to get help on coding images.  Thanks
0
vedwards
4/6/2004 8:44:23 PM
Hello what is ur problem then ? images ? explain more, where do u want to insrt images ? u can use <asp:Image ... /> and u can update it dynamically, where is the problem ?

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
4/6/2004 9:02:14 PM
I want to call the images in from a folder and not the database.  But I do not know how to make that happen.  Thanks
0
vedwards
4/7/2004 4:34:42 PM
hello, i once used this in a website:

protected void Page_Load(Object Src, EventArgs E)
{
if (!IsPostBack)
{
string vPath = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["indexPath"];
string Ppath = Server.MapPath(vPath);
string[] Dirs = Directory.GetDirectories(Ppath);
int num_of_Dir = Dirs.Length;
//initialize the random num ber
Random R = new Random();
int Rint = R.Next(1,num_of_Dir);
//update all pics
pic1.Src = vPath+"homePage"+Rint+"/pic1.jpg";
pic2.Src = vPath+"homePage"+Rint+"/pic2.jpg";
pic3.Src = vPath+"homePage"+Rint+"/pic3.jpg";
pic4.Src = vPath+"homePage"+Rint+"/pic4.jpg";
pic5.Src = vPath+"homePage"+Rint+"/pic5.jpg";
pic6.Src = vPath+"homePage"+Rint+"/pic6.jpg";
}//end if
}

where "pic1" is an asp:Image inside the code,
what i did was, i went into the folder, and got certain images from that folder.
hope this helps, and please reply to me to know what happened with you.
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
4/7/2004 4:50:04 PM
I assume that actual image locations are defined in the database, but the images themselves are not.

Change the ImageUrl property on the Image object to set the URL.
i.e.,
protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image MyPicture;
protected override onLoad(EventArgs e)
{
string imageName = "";
// assign the imageName from some datasource - using the database, querystring
// whatever means you have the image url stored - assign it to imageName.

string pictureURL = String.Format("images/{0}", imageName);
MyPicture.ImageUrl = pictureURL;
}
0
uptaphunk

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Use web.config with web forms?
 Hi All, I'm doing some unit testing of a web application, and would like to use settings from a web.config file.  Is this possible? Thanks much,- Mark I'd suggest keeping your Unit Tests in a seperate project and using it's own .config file. It will be a little repetition but it will help to keep things seperated for perf and reusability without bloating your production app. I agree with Curt. It is better to seperate options for testing and release version. This will decrease the job to be done once the unit testing process is finished.Haissam Abdul Mal...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - Using images in a Web form - asp.net.web-forms

Twist Image
At Twist Image, we connect brands to people and people to brands. Let us show you what we mean.

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Images - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia contains millions of illustrative images and other electronic media . This page gives a very brief overview of how images are used ...

Custom Images for Instagram Ads?
Facebook appears to be allowing advertisers to add custom images for placement in Instagram ads while creating Facebook ads. Reader Chris Ruberg ...

Appeals court upholds deal allowing kids’ images in Facebook ads
... appeals court in San Francisco upheld a 2013 settlement between Facebook and a number of advocacy groups representing minors whose images were ...

Hyundai releases more Ioniq images, hybrid powertrain details
Filed under: Green , Hyundai , Sedan , Electric , Hybrid Hyundai released its most revealing look yet of the Ioniq, along with details of its ...

This is the first book of photos ever made, and it's only images of British algae
In 1843, British botanist Anna Atkins made history. When experimenting with photography, Atkins didn't go for images of landscapes or pictures ...

The Night Manager: New Image Featuring Tom Hiddleston - Collider
Two new images from the upcoming AMC miniseries The Night Manager feature Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, Tom Hollander, and Elizabeth ...

Dreams Really Do Come True: You Can Now Make A LEGO Head In Your Own Image
Playing with LEGO when I was a kid was great, because my friends and I could build the houses — nay! castles! — of our dreams and fill them with ...

Image Shaker, Rhythm & Hues Among This Year’s Sci-Tech Winners
The developers of “Image Shaker” — which like shredded blue jeans was once something to avoid but now is de rigueur in filmmaking — are among ...

This Bloodborne comic is too cool for still images
The hunt is a wonderful, terrible thing. A sentiment perfectly captured in this gorgeous, lightly animated, Bloodborne webcomic, The Master of ...