Mike Volodarsky
Program Manager
IIS Core Server / ASP.NET Runtime

Read more about IIS7 on my blog at www.mvolo.com
0
mvolo

Web User Control to Web User Control...

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

Web user control inside update panel replace with another web user control
 Hi there. I have a page with a menu. an and then the content. My thing is. That i have the update panel, and inside that i have a regual panel in which i add the Web User Controls i need. Which all works fine. My problem is. That i i have a submit funcion on almoast all the Web User controls. What i would like is that i inside that update panel, can dispose the original Web user Control and then add a response Web User Control. In normal language. Is there a way that i can load one web user control into antoher and then disposose the original? Thanks in advance hello. well, what ...

Add user control from user control to web page
Hi there, I have a user control, that is inside another user control on a web page. From this user contfol, I need to add something to a place holder on the parent web page. I am having troubles referencing the placeholder correclty. I can get it fine as build time, but on runtime it kicks up the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -------------------------------------------------------------- protected Civil_and_Corporate.candcadmin._default _default; ------------------------- Control objControl...

web controls and web user control

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Web resources about - User Control in a User Control - asp.net.web-forms

Mt Martha fire under control
A watch and act warning has been issued for Mount Martha and Balcombe after a bushfire threatened homes on Saturday.

Hyundai recalls Elantra to fix stability control system
Filed under: Recalls , Hyundai , Safety , Sedan , Budget Starting in February Hyundai will recall 155,000 Elantras from the 2011 and 2012 model ...

Using Amazon Echo to control your home? There's a minor change you need to know about
It may be a minority who use the Amazon Echo to control home automation, in fact it likely is. But there are folks who do it, and it can, and ...

Philly Mayor Rejects Islamic Ties to Police Shooting, Calls for More Gun Control
... Mayor Jim Kenney (D) rejected ties to Islam in the shooting of police officer Jesse Hartnett and suggested the need for more gun control.

Chipotle Sued For Not Disclosing Food Quality Control Problems To Stockholders
... afternoon . According to Reuters , the lawsuit claims that the burrito chain hurt investors by failing to let them know that “quality controls ...

Lyin' Ryan Shoots Blanks At Gun Control Policies
When President Barack Obama issued the executive order for reasonable gun control policies by closing the loophole regarding background checks, ...

Birth control for men comes down to flipping a switch
Birth control for men still tends to be divided between condoms (which aren't always fun or reliable) and more drastic surgical procedures like ...

In State of Union, Obama to leave empty seat to honor gun victims, underscore gun control effort
In State of Union, Obama to leave empty seat to honor gun victims, underscore gun control effort

Clinton and Sanders Trading Blows on Gun Control
The gloves have come off. Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton have begun trading jabs over the hot-button issue of gun control, which was the ...