Use Loadcontrol and receive "Could not load type error" Error message

hi,

I have a vb.net asp.net web app.
suddenly after working for long time, I get this error message in my app:
Could not load type
when trying to show a web form.
what can be the error?

the iis app is still there.

the DLL checked in reflector and have the type inside it declared as public.

security to the file is OK (even in filemon I can see that aspnet_wp.exe is
accessing the file)

what can be the problem? I just don't know what to do!

additional information:
the page is an aspx web for without code behind that is inheriting from a
PageBase that is declared in my APP.
the pageBase type is loaded fine, and it tries to load a user control
dynamically:
MasterTemplate = LoadControl(ctrl)

the user control asxp file is loaded fine, but it declared as inherits for
it's codebehind type and this type is failing to load.\

(again: this code worked fine for more the 6 month, so there is no problem
with the logic, just that suddenly something went wrong and I can't figure
out what.)

I have already install Servicepack 1 for VS2003 + .net servicepack for 1.1 and it did not  solve the problem

0
haimgilboa

I succeeded to solve problem by creating new solution and create new projectws (manually, not copy paste)

Sad

0
haimgilboa
2/19/2007 10:06:07 AM
Not sure if this may help you, but just in case.Wink

When using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects I received the following error:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'SiteMaster'.

There were no errors during compilation, but when I ran the site after it had been published, this error came up on first hit.

I used "Merge all outputs to a single assembly" for Web Deployment project.
The problem was that I gave Web Deployment assembly the same name as the output assembly for the site.

Changed the names - problem solved.

It's easy when you know ;)

0
xeallaex

"Could Not Load Type" Error Message When You Browse to .aspx Page by Using Visual C# .NET
my application (both WebService and WebApplication) resides in Server, on which .NET Framework 1.1 version installed. on my desktop(where MS Visual Studio.NET 2003 installed) I mapped network drive to the server and open the project and compiled using MS VS.NET. And virtual application properly mapped the WebService folder on the server. And when I tried to access the Web Service, it returns with parser error, stating could not load type namespace.global. I renamed the global.asax file, then it works fine. I just want to know what could be the problem. I have gone through MS KB article(http:...

Dynamic Web Part Loading Error: "path" argument cannot be empty if the "type" argument is UserControl
I would like to dynamically load web parts, but without using LoadControl*. However, when I try to use the following code, a runtime error is thrown whose meaning is mostly meaningless to me. Control ctrl = (Control)new MyUserControl(); // Control ctrl = LoadControl( "MyUserControl.ascx" ); ctrl.ID = "DynamicUserControl"; GenericWebPart myWebPart = MyWebPartManager.CreateWebPart(ctrl); MyWebPartManager.AddWebPart( myWebPart, MyWebPartManager.Zones[1], 0 );   The error is thrown on the last line, during AddWebPart:   Additional information: The "path" argument cannot be e...

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1
 Hi all, I was wondering if any body know anything about this problem I'm getting with the login program?Thanks in advance.  A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level...

I am trying to run a login sample, so in "Web Site Administration Tool" i clicked "Use the security Setup Wizard to configure security step by step." and got this famous error: An error was encountere
After this i have the lengthy description of the rror The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: site at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.InitForConfiguration(String& locationSubPath, String& configPath, String& locationConfigPath, IInternalConfigRoot configRoot, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigur...

"Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email' is not defined." after webservice request.
Hi,  I created a Webservice, which sends emails of a filled form. Offline I have no problems to get it to work, but when I put my website online I get "Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email'  is not defined." It seems it can't find the webservice anymore, although I added the webreference (which worked fine) before I put the website online (with dir App_WebReferences -> ws -> Email.wsdl,...)  This is the code which requests the webrequest:Dim SendEmail As New ws.Email() SendEmail.Send_Mail(code, 2, TextB...

Forms Authentication in Subfolder: "It is an error to use a section..." Error
Background: I develop using VS2005 on my office PC, and edit our web pages that exist on a development server (Win2003).  I open the site to edit by using File > Open > Web Site > Remote Site > http://testserver/mysite.  Our web site's root folder is defined as an application, and the web.config is located in the root.  It is now the only web.config file on the site.  I have added a subfolder two levels down from the root that contains asp.net 2.0 pages that will use Forms authentication.  Because of errors I was getting putting the aut...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Error Message - "Method may only be called on a Type for which Type.IsGenericParameter is true"
Hi everybody,In my project i am making use of a custom control CC1 which was working perfectly fine in the .NET 1.1 framework... I exported the same to .NET2.0 and now it is not even generating an event!!! After much probing I found this particular message - "Method may only be called on a Type for which Type.IsGenericParameter is true." - Is this in any way related to the error in the functionality (error in event creation) i am facing??? Can I manually set any control to a generic type? How can I do that??Can somebody please help me out in this matter.  Hoping a reply from any of you ...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

"option value out of range" error message when using .net
I have an app which reads/writes to a sybase 7.0.4 database. When compiled using visual C++ v6 it works fine. When I compile under .net, any write to the database causes a "option value out of range" exception to be thrown when the recordset is updated. This happens for any write - even if it's to a simple table of 1 column, regardless of data type. I can't find any documentation about this error message. Any idea about what it means, or how to fix it? Running the server adding '-zr SQL' will at least show you what SQL operation and data values are being ...

"Page Load Error" Error
Name: Luke Moore Email: clm047atshsudotedu Product: Firefox Summary: "Page Load Error" Error Comments: On your "Page Load Error" page, I believe there is a typo. " Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")" Luke Moore Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073021 Firefox/3.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wi...

myDiv.style["display"]="none"; gives me an error while using a div in a User Control: Syntax error
Hi I have this part of my ascx user control that gives me a client side error : Syntax error <DIV id="dvRecurant"><asp:textbox id="txtFoisRecurant" tabIndex="7" runat="server" Height="20px"> </DIV> <script language="javascript">dvRecurant.style["display"]="none"</script>Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. The the following client-side code: dvRecurant.style.display="none";/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog Try:dvRecurant.style.display="none";Hope this helps. Home Is Where the...

Mail pseudo-error
In a brand new XP system with Netscape 7.1, sending mail (not news) results in the "delivering mail" window, followed soon after by a window headed "Send Message Error" with text "Sending of Message Failed" followed by an indication that the SMTP server refused to handle it. BUT THE MESSAGE *IS* sent successfully! The "delivering message" window ends up saying "Mail sent successfully", with the progress bar still moving because the error message is still there. Closing the error message window closes the "delivering" w...

Web resources about - Use Loadcontrol and receive "Could not load type error" Error message - asp.net.web-forms

OPAC Discovery
Switch Language To switch to a different language, select from the following list: English French Spanish Italian British Bulgarian Galician ...

SharePoint Web Part Default Interfaces
Because SharePoint lists are automatically turned into connectable Web Parts, you can integrate your own Web Parts with any existing SharePoint ...

Electric Utilities and Energy
By Eric Hirst When we think about our local electric utility (and mostof us do that only rarely), we likely envision power plants, transmissionlines, ...