Use Cross page post back feature of ASP.NET 2.0 while redirecting the user to another page to access previou's page's control

Hi.I am new to .Net..Can anyone tell me how to use  Use Cross page post back feature of ASP.NET 2.0 while redirecting the user to another page to access previou's page's control??

 Thanku in advance Big Smile

0
sharan64

 set postbackurl of the button's to where u want to redirect page.

on second page check is it redirected from previouse using cross page post back

like below and then find control which u want on second page

if (PreviousPage.IsCrossPagePostBack)

{

TextBox text1 = (TextBox)PreviousPage.FindControl("TextBox1");

Response.Write(text1.Text);

}

www.askaspdotnet.com
0
patelkrups

Copy webparts from admin's page to regular user's page
I'm new to ASP.Net Webpart. I have a very basis question about how to copy webparts from admin's page to regular user's page. I understand that the admin could use the share mode to initially setup his webpart page. Then all other users would see the same webpart if they accesses to the same url. But let's say, if we have multiple departments, and each department has it own admin, and each department may have different webparts to be included in the page. One more requirememt that after the regular user accesses the page on the first time (after the department's admin has set the page up)...

changes made from one user's webpart's page, effects all user's
 I am just doing this offline right now in Visual Web Developer Express 2008I created the login inonce in the memberpage area, people can modify their webpart page. I created several users to test this out.  I loaded it in a browser.When I make changes as logged in user "A" .  Then logout and login as user "B", user "B,s" webpart page has been changed to user "A".This goes true for whomever I log in as.  It changes for everyone.Is there something specific I need to do in order to get everyone's changes to be unique for them...

How to set a Master Page's control's property through content page on a postback event?
Hi all, i m using a master page in my application. i have a panel on master page and a tab container with three tab panels on content page. i want to set/change  the visibility of the panel control when the tab is changed on the content page. By default the panel is invisible. To implement this i executed the following steps: 1. Set AutoPostBack of tacontainer to true 2. Wrote an event handler for ActiveTabIndexChanged event of the tab container 3 Wrote the following code on Tab changed event   if (TabContainerEmpPerformance.ActiveTabIndex == 1) { ...

where's happened to 'find in this page' feature in v 2.0?
Name: Alasdair Trotter Email: alasdair.trotter_at_tuck.dartmouth.edu Product: Firefox Summary: where's happened to 'find in this page' feature in v 2.0? Comments: One of the features I loved about firefox is the ability to search a webpage by simply starting to type the word you were searching for. Firefox would automatically select the word, and provide a menu at the bottom of the page to 'find next' or 'find previous' In firefox v2.0 - this feature still seems to work, but the menu at the bottom no longer allows you to 'find next' or &#...

Page #'s out of sync with printed page #'s
I'm developing a several-hundred page datwindow report, and having a problem with page numbers online being different than page numbers on the printed copy. Typically, a 300-page online report will only print out as 150 pages. I know this is being caused by the difference in the number of lines that fit on a printed page vs. the number of lines that fit on a screen, but I don't know how to get them in sync. Does anyone know how to sync up the page numbers of a datawindow report with its printed copy? Thanks for any help... Use print preview. The preview window will assu...

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

Can I hide a user control's control from the hosting page's client script?
Okay, my previous question was not unswered and I guess you can't hide a control's panel with server code then show it with client code. Now this is what I try to do: on the hosting page's onload event, call a function to hide the user control's penal. Here is the deal: the user control was looped as many times as data required. So the penals will be name mypanel1, my panel2, etc... that is not even a problem if I know if the following is true: * Do all server codes finish running before the page get sent back to the client? Say the database gave me 5 penals, I can then determine how...

How to open another aspx page from the main page's button web control?
Hi All, I have a data entry aspx page allowing user to entry data and click on a submit button (web control button) to save the data to SQL table via a store procedure. But at the same time, the store procedure return an unique ID number for the user. Instead to display the ID on the same data entry page, how do I open another aspx page just to display the ID number? I would like the script added to the end of the 'Submit' button. Any suggestions are appreciated. Or link to similar articles. Thanks you can display it in an alert box if you want RegisterStartUpScript("sc",...

Can I have a web user control call a method on the page it's parent page?
I'm building an application where I'm using serveral different controls on a page and as one of them causes a postback I may want the page to make changes to other controls.  Is there a way to either fire and event off from the control that the page could then capture or simply have the control call a method of it's parent page? Obviously the Page object is there to work with, but I can't seem to figure out how to specifically cast it as a specific page.  For real man, In your user control you need to create a public event which is raised by the event of the...

Blank web pages with Trillian's user web pages?
Is anyone else having this problem too? Flash v10.0 r32 loads, but no datas show up after that. Examples: http://www.trillian.im/users/vedran and http://www.trillian.im/users/antdude ... Both showed nothing in both Mozilla's SeaMonkey v1.1.17 and Firefox v2.0.0.20. No problems in Internet Explorer v6.0 SP2. Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ants are back Ted!" --Dougal from Father Ted TV show. /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net \...

how to get page's width and page's height
hi all....... i created a user control function in .ascx file which contain a button, it display a message in <div>, and i include this user control file into many web pages, but the div display's position is vary because the height in each page is different... so how can i get the page's height of the current display page.... thanks use javascript to receive window size, this function will display it with alert: function alertSize() {  var myWidth = 0, myHeight = 0;  if( typeof( window.innerWidth ) == 'number' ) {    //Non-IE    myWidth = ...

accessing a dynamically loaded child's page user controls(ascx) from a parent page(aspx)
hi all,i've search the forums and i still can't get it to work.ok here goes...i've created a dropdownlist in the parent(aspx) page, this dropdown will post-back on and load a different child(ascx) page onto a Placeholder each time the user chooses a different selection in the dropdownlist.in the child(ascx) page, say i have a textbox. in the parent(aspx) page, i have a submit button.the placeholder loads accordingly to the dropdownlist's selection, so that is ok.so now the problem is, how do i capture the text in the textbox inside the child(ascx) page from the parent(aspx) p...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

Web resources about - Use Cross page post back feature of ASP.NET 2.0 while redirecting the user to another page to access previou's page's control - asp.net.web-forms