Use client side code to get hidden field value from calling page

Hi,

I have a web application that is being called from an extranet app. I need to access the value of a hidden form variable on the calling form, I have tried Request.form("Fieldname") & cannot pick up any values. They are not keen on passing the value in the querystring - I would really appreciate some help on this.
inja

If the item is not in the form collection, then they're probably not doing a POST to your page.

You can pass information to a page three ways: URL (querystring, fragment, etc), POST (form.submit()), and via a HTTP Header. They'll need to decide which they're willing to use.
0
stiletto

Using hidden field to store value then calling that value from client side
I have three tabs (1,2,3) on my main page each tab contains a datagrid... when a user select a tab then leaves the main page and returns to that main page(without exiting browser) I need for the page to open with the tab last selected by that user so that they can pick up where they left off. No one can seem to help me with this issue.... My javascript (client side) code function is as follows: <asp:HiddenField ID="hdnNewPanel" runat="server" /> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> &nb...

Calling a Form Code-Behind function using Javascript from the Client Side
Hi,Is there any way to call a function in the form codebehind from the client side using javascript? If yes, how? How to send parameters?Thanks. Try reading this article.  It is kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do but maybe it will help.http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1027513&page=1Hope this helps,MattADV Enterpriseswww.adventerprises.net do a view source on the page and you most liekly will see a do post back function. You can call that with JavaScript and it forces the page back. You can send parameters back by placing them inside of hidden form e...

How to get value of hidden field inside a form using onSubmit function?
 In the form, there are some forms which structures look like this:    <form action="/catalog/select_product.do" method="GET" onSubmit="WriteCategoryIDToCookie()">        <input type="hidden" name="product_id" value="8400010">                  <input type="Image" name="add_to_cart" src="/i/style/def/btn/bp_cart_btn_med.gif" alt="Add to Cart"> ...

Issue obtaining values in server-side from dropdownlist when updating value using client-side script in master page
HiI got a page in a contentplaceholder of a master page. There is two pulldowns. I populate the first one using server side coding and then use client-side javascript. So far so good. The issue is that upon a postback I try to collect the select value of the second pulldown and there is no data in the pulldown and no selected item. I tried using control.selectedvalue (nothing) or searching the form controls Stringvariable = oForm.FindControl("Control")Thing is I've done this before in 1.1 outside of a master page and it works.Thanks in ad...

Hidden Field that is set on server side...not getting the last updated value from client?
Hi, I have a hidden field that tracks errors in my server side asp.net 2.0 code.  However, when I set the value to an error (from it's default value "NotSet") in the server side code and then when trying to access that Hidden Variable from the client the value is still set to the default value, "NotSet" instead of the error information. Any ideas as to what is going on here? Thanks in advance!   Server Side....  catch (Exception er) { Errors.Value = er.Message; o o o } Client Side.... function getErrors() { var cho = document.getElementById('<%=Errors.ClientID...

Getting undefined value while using view state in Web Form Designer generated code
hi,    i am trying to get the drop down list selected value in Web Form Designer generated code,when i am trying it with view state i am getting some undefined value.please help me regarding this.. i am trying with the following code.        refinery =  ddRefineries.SelectedRefinery; ViewState.Add("ref1",refinery); #region Web Form Designer generated code        override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)        {          &nbs...

How can i create get values from Opened page in client side to my first page(server page)
i have a little bit problem that my Server page has coding like this : btn.attributes.add("onclick()",getdata()) and one text box is txt1 now when user clicks it Button btn then getdata function  executes ok client page function getdata(){ response.redirect("hello.aspx") } now on hello.aspx has 1 textbox txt2   now what ever the data has been inputted by user in (client side textbox) txt2 i want to assign it to txt1 (server side )conrtol on server pls help me send me code ...  Jay "Enjoy Life" When you do the redirect from Page #2 back to Page...

How to call web method directly form client side javascript without using hta file
Hello nice guys, I am a newbie in this forum. I need to be able to call a web service from client side javascript code without using webservices.hta file so it may work on Netscape browsers as well as IE browsers. I don't mind having to form soap request and then post it all in javascript. An example will be very helpful. Do you have any resource I may look up to, like any published article on the net, for code examples or a work around. Thanks Dean51 Hi, I wrote a library to use AJAX to consume Web Services. You can find the article, the source code (less than 8 KB) and some...

How to get the Client side values in server side code.
Hi all, i have a proble i need to get the client side javascript values in C# code at server side. how can i pass those values? i am using version 1.1, i kno thatwe can use callback events mechnisam in 2.0 or ajax ,apart from that how we can pass? My problem is i need to stop the execution of the code based on after reciving values from the client   any ideas please???   Million thanks RamCheersRam MCP Hello Ram, a common approach is from javascript set an hidden field, then issue a postback. On the server-side, handle the post-back. Feel free to go deeper in your que...

Passing client side to server side using hidden field
 I have a hidden asp.net text box that is being updated on the client via javascript. I am trying to determine the best way to detect when that hidden field has changed and read the new value on the server. I would like to do this WITHOUT posting back. I have tried using the TextChanged event but that requires blur state to be changed before it gets fired. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Justin.  Can you use __doPostBack() to trigger a partial postback at the same time the hidden TextBox is updated, from JavaScript? Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Lates...

Getting hidden variable value from server side in client side
hi,        I am struck in problem. I have a hidden field in my form and i am setting some value in that.         Now i wnt to use this value from client side but i m not able to retrieve it. All i am getting there is an object.         I feel the hidden field is not able to hold that value.         <input type="hidden" id="hdnVar" runat="server" />         in code behind      ...

How to set the value to the hidden control in the child page from the client-side of the parent page
Hi All,     I need to set the value in the hidden input control (which i have used in the child page) from the parent page. I don't want to use session, since i want to set it from the client-side of the parent page and i have to access the value in the server-side of the child page. I tried using javascript but the value didnt get set. I'm in need of a solution urgently. Thanks & Regards Aishwaria hello my friend, My suggestion is using querystring to send the value to the child page code sample parent page    <input id="Button1" type="button" v...

How to get HTML Source of web page opened by web browser using vb.net
hello friends,         i have opened an web browser in vb.net using the below code Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim nullObject As System.Object = 0 Dim str As String = "" Dim nullObjStr As System.Object = str Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor Dim i As Int16 For i = 1 To 2 AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=test&meta=", True) AxWebBrowser1.Document. Next Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default End Sub  ...

Web resources about - Use client side code to get hidden field value from calling page - asp.net.web-forms

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Calling Batman: Bane Takes Over Ecko Unlimited Facebook Page
Bane, the villain in upcoming Batman feature film The Dark Knight Rises , turned his criminal mind toward the Ecko Unlimited Facebook page , ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Elon Musk responds to Bloomberg's story on self-driving tech, calling it 'inaccurate'
On Wednesday, Bloomberg published a story about 26-year-old George Hotz, a hacker who built a self-driving car in his garage in just about a ...