upload multi files, then attach file, then delete files help

Hi,

I have a web form that needs do three things in one time when user click "submit" button.
1. upload multi files into web server (In know how to do this part)
2. send a email with these uploaded file to another user.
3. delete these uploaded files from web server.
I know how to do 1). But, do not know 2) and 3). I know how to send email without attachment, But, once I add attachments. it does not work.

Please help. Many thanks.
Xiuxain
0
xiuxian

Hi there,

Please check the following links..
Sending Attachments
and to delete file ..

imports system.IO
Dim filename as string = "c:\\myfile.txt"
Dim FileObj As File
FileObj.Delete(FileName)

To delete a file, you have to give appropriate permissions to the asp.net user account.
Hope this helps
Sunny NAGI
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

longhorn2005
1/21/2005 1:43:54 AM
Hi there,

Another handy link I found
Web File manager
HTH
Sunny NAGI
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

longhorn2005

Integrating do I integrate all help files
How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . Please don't cross-post. On 1 Nov 2004 12:34:08 -0700, "Damola adesuyi" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such >that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) >through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www....

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

to file:// or not to file://
(Firefox 1.5.0.6) I'm having trouble with HTML Anchors (links) using the file: protocol. The URL I'm trying to get at looks something like this file://///Host.Domain/Share/Dir1/Dir2/File.Ext If I click on the link, /nothing/ happens but, if I "Copy Link Location" and paste exactly the same thing into the "address bar" in FireFox, FireFox is perfectly happy to show me the file. Why the difference? Am I tripping over some security restriction here? Any suggestions? TIA, Phill W. Phill W. wrote: > (Firefox 1.5.0.6) > I'm ...

File Upload Problem
Hi Everyone,I was grateful to be able to download the code for uploading files into a folder from Sreedhar's web page. The code works well, but whenever there is another new file with the same file name being uploaded into the destination folder, the old file will be replaced. I am wondering if there is any way to solve this problem (How about adding a number to the new file's name, e.g. File1.doc, if there is an existing File.doc?) I am an absolute beginner and any help is deeply appreciated.The original code is as follows: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterP...

Processes file content before upload (from file upload form)
Hello I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client side) before uploading them to server. May be I have to use file upload form and somehow read files and sign them on submit event I'm not sure how (and can I) do this in Firefox extension? I prefer to use browser functionality for file upload rather than make my own HTTP connection from my extension. I also prefer not to write any user interface. On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, Юлиян wrote: > I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client > side) before uploading them to server. htt...

upload file by file
hi all,   we have project, local in server, more then one people do the update, let's say, if all file local in test, I did the modify in local and build and upload the whole test file into service, it work fine. but if I only upload helloone.aspx. and its Vb file (under test) into service, it did not work( the VB code) , is that a way to only upload file by file to service, thank you   If I understand your problem correctly, I think the problem that you may be having is that after pages are compiled locally they are not being compiled for the entire site.  I would su...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

Problem in Receiving the files that had been attached with my web form using a html file input
Hello there!,I am having trouble in receiving the attached files from a html file input !.First of all i have added a master page and made this form as a content page!Actaully the view state of this html file input is not maintaining when the page is posted back!. It says Request.Files.Count=0 even i had attached a file!Before adding the master page it worked fine!Could you please tell me a solution!,My Code isif (Request.Files.Count != 0){HttpFileCollection files = Request.Files;DataTable Table4 = new DataTable();DataColumn Doc_Name = new DataColumn();Doc_Name.ColumnName = "Documents&q...

FILE UPLOAD , FILE VIEW, AND DELETE
  Below are the TWO APPROACHES I FOLLOWED TO UPLOAD FILE TO A FOLDER.   I have a page where it can be used to upload a file to the webserver (a folder resides in the wwwroot)  and then i give the facility to the user to view it . After that user can save it to the database and the file is deleted from the folder. But when I do this anyone who can browse and have the write facility to this folder can delete or read files. This is an unaccpetable security loop hole. The second way that i tried was to have a dedicated physical path other than the wwwroot eg...

Uploading a file
Hi All, Can someone point out to me what is wrong with the following code? I am trying to test if a file has been uploaded or not, but it always thinks that a file has been uploaded, even when it has not. I'm sure it's something silly, but if anyone can help i'd appreciate it :) Cheers. <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %> <%@Import Namespace="System" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.IO" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Dr...

File upload in chunks
So I downloaded the files from codeproject for the "upload files in chunks" application at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/XML/MTOMWebServices.aspx?df=100&forumid=250646&exp=0&select=2292508 I've adapted the c# code into vb.net and tests I run locally show it working ok.  Trouble is, the client side was written for windows application level client, not web, so I'm wondering if anyone has already got a bit of client side web coding to take an uploaded file and split it into chunks that is compatible with this web service at all? Well I use MTOM and WSE 3.0 ...

File Upload 2.0 Problem - Able to Write File
Hi everyone, I'm doing a file upload in .net 2.0.  I'm able to upload a file to a directory on my server, however I am not able to delete the file or overwrite it.  I've given my <machine>IUSR account full control to the directory but it still wont let me overwrite a file.  I've read that the FileUpload.SaveAs method will overwrite a file without prompt.  I've tried doing the System.IO.File.Delete() Method also with no luck. Here's the code:   protected void uploadbutton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (upload.HasFile) { ...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

Delete Files File.Delete() WebApp
I wrote a web app that delete files off  servers. The web app works fines when compiled and ran off Visual Studio 2005.  But when trying to run off of IIS it cannot see the files on that server or another server. Visual Studio 2005 is on the same machine IIS is running on. Is there a setting on IIS that I am missing? Please help. Thanks! -Nelson Hi,try checking the path of the file that you are assiging to delete method. Always "Mark as Answer" the Post That Solves the problem.Because It helps others to find the solution. Mohammad Hussainhttp://mohdhussain.blogspo...

Web resources about - upload multi files, then attach file, then delete files help - asp.net.web-forms

Wikipedia:File Upload Wizard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are not currently logged in. Sorry, in order to use this uploading script and to upload files, you need to be logged in with your named ...

Video On Instagram: 5M Uploads In First 24 Hours
How quickly did Video on Instagram catch on? CNET reported that 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours after the feature debuted ...

Hans de Borst - Handy-Uploads - Facebook
English version - made by Lennart Peeters. Thank you very much mister Putin, leaders of the separatists or the Ukraine government! For murdering ...

upload-12
Visit the post for more.

Manage folders and upload files, now in Amazon Cloud Drive
... recent update should cheer you up. The updated version, released on Oct. 10, brings great new features that allow you to manage folders, upload ...

Facebook finally kills option to auto-upload your photos from your phone
... a nifty feature called photo sync . During a time when most people were just beginning to take photos from their phones, but were still uploading ...

Coming Soon: Facebook Will Ask If You’re Really, Really Sure You Want To Upload That Photo From Last ...
... artificial intelligence knows better: the social media behemoth is working on technology that will warn users when they’re about to upload photos ...

Guy Uploads A Ton Of KMart Background Music To The Internet
... worked at K-Mart. Part of his job was playing pre-recorded cassettes sent in from the corporate office. Luckily for us, he saved them and uploaded ...

Twitch announces VOD feature and video uploads
At it's first-annual TwitchCon, the video-streaming service announced that broadcasters will be able to schedule saved streams and uploaded videos ...