Unable to find control id 'lbCountry2' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'rfvSelectedCountry'.

Hello,

I am trying to validate a listbox inside a control that is called like this from my page:

<uc1:LinkedLists ID="llCountrySelector1" runat="server"></uc1:LinkedLists>

This control is used at other places on the site so I cant add the validator in the control directly.

The question is this, how can i put a required field validator on a list box inside this control?

I tried this but got got the error in the message title:

' validation
Me.rfvSelectedCountry.ControlToValidate = Me.llCountrySelector1.RightList.ID

0
chopps_srv

if your problem is you only want to validate the listbox control inside that user control when being placed inside a specific place

you can put the validator control inside that user control as disabled by default, create a public boolean (true or false) property on the user control, inside it put an if condition which checks the property if it's true then you enable the validator control.

HC

Haissam Abdul Malak
MCAD.NET
| Blog |
0
Haissam

Unable to find control id 'TextBox1' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'RequiredFieldValidator1'.
Unable to find control id 'TextBox1' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'RequiredFieldValidator1'.i'm getting error when i the page is derived from master.page.i'm using a "required field validator" to validate same web user control in the master.pagefiles are:master.pagedefault3.aspx (content of master.page)ucUserControlPage"Unable to find control id 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_PanelID_VisitDetails2_UcHostName1_ddlHostName_wrapper' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'rfvHostName'." ...

Unable to find control id 'rblXXX' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'rfvXXX'.
I'm trying to add a dynamically created collection of requiredfieldvalidator controls to a gridview during Page_Load.  If I just add the rfv controls to the form it works fine but when I try to add them to a gridview control I get this error.  Here's my code: Working code: Just adds controls to form at bottom of pageFor Each c As Control In validators Form.Controls.Add(c) Next   Code causing error:For Each c As Control In validatorsDim gridView As GridView = Me.grvSectionA gridView.Rows(r).Cells(2).Controls.Add(c) r += 1 Next   Mark Gagnon...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

Could not find control '' in ControlParameter ''
Hello All I have a repeater with controls, some draw from different SqlDatasources. Everything loads up properly, I click my update button and then I get the error: "Could not find control 'txtProjectName' in ControlParameter 'projectName'" The Control txtProjectName is in the repeater <itemTemplate> <asp:TextBox ID="txtProjectName" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "projectName") %>' /> My Datasource that I want to update looks like this:  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="dsEditProject" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionString...

'System.Web.UI.Control.Context' denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected
I get the following error when trying to compile my project. The call to Context lies in a usercontrol. It works fine when called from a page, but how do I call it from a usercontrol? private User _currentUser = new User(Context.User.Identity.Name); 'System.Web.UI.Control.Context' denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected Firefox - The browser you can trust Update: private User _currentUser = new User(Context.User.Identity.Name);Is declared inside the class, not in a function. Like: public class Someclass : System.Web.UI.UserControl { private User _currentUser = new...

Control '{0}' referenced by the ControlToValidate property of '{1}' cannot be validated.
Hi At Page_Load lTotalRows gets a number. And if the user clicks on btDoSomething then the postback should kick in only if lTotalRows is less then ddlCount. But I get this error: Control 'lTotalRows' referenced by the ControlToValidate property of 'valcDoSomething' cannot be validated. Any idea why? <asp:literal id="lTotalRows" text="0" runat="server" /> <asp:dropdownlist id="ddlCount" runat="server">   <asp:listitem text="10" />   <asp:listitem text="20" />   <asp:listitem text="30" />   <asp:listitem text="4...

Web resources about - Unable to find control id 'lbCountry2' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'rfvSelectedCountry'. - asp.net.web-forms