TRansfering data from one page to another page?

 in my web application, when user login i get a value from called empid from database for that particular user and i wan to use that empid for entire apllication till the user logged in....

How can i use same empid in entire pages????i hav to keep using responce redirect to transfer that empid from one page to another page?????

0
abhishek0410

The most common way to do this is to use a Session variable.  But there are loads of ways of "maintaining state" across web pages: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307598

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
7/19/2008 10:16:58 PM

Indeed, you could use a session variable, or you could even store it in the users profile?

Cheers,
BSolveIT

http://www.bsolveit.com

If you get an answer to a question, please mark it as the answer. Many thanks!
0
BSolveIT
7/19/2008 11:16:35 PM

abhishek0410:

 in my web application, when user login i get a value from called empid from database for that particular user and i wan to use that empid for entire apllication till the user logged in....

How can i use same empid in entire pages????i hav to keep using responce redirect to transfer that empid from one page to another page?????

Use session like this:

Session["empid"]=empid;

Believe to yourself!
0