to use activex control

Hi

I want to use a third party activex control .in asp.net with c# web application .but it is not working by using OBJECT tag and the clsid .

but it works in html page. Is their any other way to use it.........

0
santosh

When creating the virtual directory make sure that in the properties you set it to Scripts Only, Not scripts and exec. Also make sure if you control doesn't show at all that you have the path correct to the control in the provided HTML file, the path has to match in order for it to work.  Also clear the GAC sometimes because it can all get bogged down. Another issue people tell me about is if they try to Open (from the virtual directory) the HTML file the control doesn't show up, it won't you have to right click and hit Browse on the HTML file because the paths are different when you hit Open as oppose to Browse, and the path has to match the one in the HTML file otherwise it won't know where the control is located.

 Taken from: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dsandor/ActiveXInNet11102005040748AM/ActiveXInNet.aspx

If this post helped you, Mark As Answer.
0
jpuckett
3/27/2008 3:50:22 PM

check out this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317392

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
3/27/2008 3:51:18 PM

Hi, sir
the coding and the classid is working when the filename extension is changed to html..................

this proves that the class id is coorect.................

and what ever u have told about the security i have made the change but it does not worked.........

thanks

another i want to use the adobe acrobet in object as i have more than hundred file (.pdf) to display so i want display it in some control as like repeater or gridview is it possible to have the acrobt in repeater' cell...... and i donot want to display the toolbar and menu of reader...............

or any other way

0
santosh

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

Using an ActiveX control in a web form
Hi, I'm currently using a 3rd party ActiveX control as part of an old VB6 application simply running the .ocx ActiveX client side without any problems. What I would like to do is use this .ocx ActiveX control in an ASP.NET web form. I am assuming that this cannot be run server side, and therefore would like to use it client side with the user downloading the control and executing it locally. However if this can be done server side then that is even better. I have placed the .ocx on the server and registered it, I am now looking for a way of using the control in a web page. When I...

Using Win Form controls in web forms
Hi All,   Please tell me if i can't use the window forms controls in my webform. What if i simply import the System.windows.forms Namespace. Definitely this will help me to expose the class & methods, but will they work accordingly when get rendered. I am totally confused.. please help me. Thanks Simple answer:  You can't.  Webforms controls render as HTML; while this may be possible to achieve with Winforms controls by invoking the design-time rendering, I doubt it's going to work very well.What control are you trying to use?Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, Easy...

Updating Data on web page from ActiveX control using VC++ .net MFC
background;  I have built this activex control (VC++ .net MFC using VS2005 .net paltform 2.0) that gathers data from an external device (deviceA).  The device is connect to the pc by USB port.  Getting the data into the activex control is working fine.  However, after I parse the data from the data packets, I need to update 5 fields on the web page. Basic layout of the web page is ActiveX                parentwindow -> frame1 -> frame2 -> fram3 usercontrol The usercontrol is on the web pa...

How to access the properties and methods of the ActiveX control on the client side in Web Form using javascript or vbscript
Hi All, I have looked almost every where for this, and I'll be really appreciated if someone can help me with this. I found a article in MS KB article, #317392, but it is not extactly what I wanted. How do you reference an ActiveX control's methods and properties with javascript in the ASPX? Following is what I have. Some how the following line in the btnclick() does not seems to be working. AlarmCtl.StartTimer() I have done this with just .HTML and it works just fine. Can any one help. Thanks in advance. //===========================...

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

user control data entry form, use same codebehind as web form?
Hi All, I have a quesiton about the approach I'm taking. I have a series of report forms which I have been in the process of consolidating to a single, generic page and subs/functions in a single code-behind. All the reports can use the same set of data entry elements (a dropdown, a radio list, and a textbox). I'm trying to convert these elements to a user control. However, this user control seems to need to inherit differently than the rest of the code-behind. I've been using a single class in the code behind. Is it feasible to separate out the data entry? the code behind im...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Use Web Custom control or Web User control?
Friends,  I have a generic aspx page and its functions which is used in many .NET web application. The generic page contains a HTML Div control, server drop down list, server buttons, server textbox and it have different server and client functions to do its tasks for calling aspx pages in web applications. My problem is I do not know whether I should make that generic page as a web user control (but this is tedious because all other application folders must store frontpage aspx and code behind files of the generic page) or as a web custom control (This seems to be good beca...

Web form control to use??
Please advise what is best form control to use for my webform. I will be retrieving data from a database where I need to display different types of items with different repetitive answers. For example: I retrieve a user. This user will have his/her profile like: Symptoms : where there are about 50 symptoms types and possible values are yes/no dosage used : where there may be a possible of 100 dosage types and possible values could be numeric values. I was going to dynamically add a radio button list for the symptoms and tables cells for the dosage types and their quantities, but is ...

Web resources about - to use activex control - asp.net.web-forms

ActiveX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 1996 and is commonly used in its Windows operating system. In principle it is not dependent on Microsoft Windows, but in practice, most ActiveX ...

유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store on iTunes
Get 유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Activex - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

IE8 to boost ActiveX security on Vista
ActiveX has long been regarded as a gaping hole through which spyware and …

Internet Explorer gets more secure will start blocking outdated ActiveX controls
... the computers of friends and family. Today, Microsoft announces that Internet Explorer is getting more secure by blocking outdated ActiveX controls. ...

ActiveX for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded ActiveX software, including PlayReady PC Runtime v1.3 (x64), PDF OCX, and PDF Maker DLL

Microsoft probing ActiveX attacks targeting Access feature
Vulnerability in ActiveX control for feature in Microsoft Access is being used for targeted but limited attacks, Microsoft says.

Microsoft nixes ActiveX add-on technology in new Edge browser
Microsoft's new Edge browser will discard two of the oldest browser technologies found in the aged Internet Explorer and replace them with add-ons ...

More issues with the Video ActiveX Control flaw workaround
The simple registry update to disable the buggy Video ActiveX Control is not as simple as it first appears.

Google's Native Client almost 'ready for takeoff,' ready to make ActiveX look visionary
We're almost there, almost to the release of the Native Client we first got wind of last May. It is, basically, a way to run native code within ...