the type initializer for "System.Web.CompilationLock" threw an exception

I build a web application using VS2008 Pro. When the project is set to use IIS Web Server then all the aspx pages even Master pages

get this error (first line of page) when viewing under VS2008 Design: "the type initializer for "System.Web.CompilationLock" threw an exception"

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/master/Educ.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="AdminMain.aspx.cs" Inherits="ESI.forms.admin.AdminMain" Title="Admin Main Page" %>

It only happens with IIS Web Server setting.

Is there any work around this because I have to use IIS Web Server.

Thanks.

dcpt

dcpt
0
dcpt

Type Initializer for "System.Net.IpAddress" threw an exception
.... System: Windows XP Professional The other day I had a perfect working copy of Web Matrix on which I am developing an MS SQL based package. Then,  two things happened. The first is that my Outlook 2000 Premium was reconfigured to collect and send mail via an Exchange Server as well as my normal POP3 based system.  The second is that a Blue Tooth mouse was installed. Now,  whenever I load a source file into WebMatrix and press the 'F5' key to launch the web server I get this error: "The Type Initializer for 'System.Net.IpAddress' threw an exception" and the following...

Type Initializer for "System.Net.IpAddress" threw an exception
Apologies - I posted this in the GD forum by mistake instead of here... .... System: Windows XP Professional The other day I had a perfect working copy of Web Matrix on which I am developing an MS SQL based package. Then,  two things happened. The first is that my Outlook 2000 Premium was reconfigured to collect and send mail via an Exchange Server as well as my normal POP3 based system.  The second is that a Blue Tooth mouse was installed. Now,  whenever I load a source file into WebMatrix and press the 'F5' key to launch the web server I get this error: "The Type...

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Test.Form.DataProvider" threw an exception. --->
 Hi I am getting an exception  whenever I add a new function  or sub procedure  to   Data provider class in  a module development.  I am developing  a form module  its name as  Test.From.   The  exception  report follows   DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The type initializer for "Test.Form.DataProvider" threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Test.Form.DataProvider" threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be nul...

difference between "using System.Web.UI.WebControls" or "System.Web.UI.WebControls.ServerValidateEventArgs"
Hi all, quick question. I'm writing a custom validation method. In the declaration it has: protected void CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.ServerValidateEventArgs args) Is there any difference between doing that, vs doing: using System.Web.UI.WebControls; protected void CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) Do they do the same thing? Is it any more efficient when processing the request to do it one way or another? Is there a technical term for what i am talking about? Thanks in advance for any explanation ...

Regarding exception -Message "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception." String
Hi I am facing following exception when developing a module ie,                       Message               "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception."          String       .This is when I want to send two string values(textbox values with a button click)  to database. I am sending my code .my namespace is eradllc.maind...

How to change "File System" web site to "HTTP" Web site
I created a new web site as file based "File System". How can I change this same site to "HTTP" based web site. When createing a new website notice the Location pulldown box contains 3 options (File System, HTTP, FTP) But I do not see how to change my "File System" web site to "HTTP" when the project is alredy created and open. Please advise!! Well, you can open IIS, create a new website. Set its home directory to the Web folder of your site. Then go and create a new project using http. I don't really think you can convert between File Syst...

Module development of DNN i am facing following issue -Exception Message "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception." String
 Message "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception." String   in this   eradllc.maindbtest as my namespace .i found issue by inserting two string values to database.provider name is correct. it is generating from   createprovider().the dataprovider,namespace,assembly name all are correct.   pls help  NavinAbstract...

Programmatically Populating the "mail.settings" section of "system.net" in web.config
I am fully aware that the system.net section of web.config typically looks something like this:  <system.net>    <mailSettings>      <smtp from="noreply@sample.com">        <network host="smtp_server_address" userName="myUsername" password="myPassword" />      </smtp>    </mailSettings>  </system.net>If web.config is so populated then this info is used for sending e-mails generally and al...

HELP! type initializer for "System.Xml.Res" threw an exception.
Running DNN 3.1.0, everything has been great til this morning.  I added a page in a child portal, added a Text/HTML module, edited (pasted) a small script, clicked update and got the following error:An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. --- End of inner exception stack trace --NEVER MIND..... Whatever it was cleared up in about ten minutes (after I panicked) and seems to be ok....

Web Methodst that returns DataTable gives me exception error " "circular reference was detected while serializing an object of type""
Hello, I am getting this error "circular reference was detected while serializing an object of type". The Method GetRecords() is a function that returns DataTable type.. It happens the same thing when i return DataSet as well. Any help? Thanks    function GetStatusRecord() {   // Invoke the Echo method on the server.PageMethods.GetRecords('1', onComplete);  debugger; // Callback function.function onComplete(result) { // Display the echoed string. alert(result); }   return false }   The latest version of Asp.net Ajax no lo...

Adding reference to "system.web.dll and system.web.extensions.dll"
Every time I drop a control on a Ajax page I have to wait about a min for it to add these extensions. When I view my code-behind page I have no intellisense for my "using System.web" - name space. I'm running Vista - VS2005. any suggestions? Fixed this problem with a repair to my Visual Studio 2005 installation ;-)...

The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception.
This is the error I receive when I try to Build my website. The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception. My website was created using the IIS on localhost option and that is how I open it. If select View In Browser for any page, I receive the following HTML response: Server Error in '/websiteX' Application. Mutex could not be created. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception ...

Terminology
Hi all, I've been having interesting discussions about this recently, and = thinking about it a lot, so I thought I'd open it up to the wider = engagement community as I thought you might have some insight on this, = particularly the tech evangelists. I have been using "Open Web App" as a term to describe the kinds of web = experiences I am teaching people to create via the Apps documentation on = MDN (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Apps). This includes = stuff like install API, manifests, priviledged APIs, etc. that are = currently only on Firefox ...

The type initializer for "..." threw an exception.
I am creating a custom module. when i get this error when trying to connect to the SQL Database "The type initializer for "Custom.CustomModules.DataProvider" threw an exception. I read somewhere that this should be .SQLDataProvider.  Can any one help me with this. This is usually found when either your sql dataprovider is not on the bin folder or you named it differently than what is expected (given the name you used in your dataprovider.vb code). Thanks I have solved this problem but now I am getting "Cast from string "CustomList" to type 'Integer...

Web resources about - the type initializer for "System.Web.CompilationLock" threw an exception - asp.net.web-forms