The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address

I am not sure why now I am getting this error all of a sudden.  Our ISP had changed some of their mail server around, and I think this should still work but it's not:

    Public Function SendMail(ByVal userid As String) As Boolean
        Dim obUser As New BusinessLayer.BUser
        obUser.GetUser(SqlTypes.SqlGuid.Parse(userid))
        Dim obMail As New Web.Mail.MailMessage
        obMail.To = obUser.Email
        obMail.From = "postmaster@sss.net "
        obMail.Subject = "New Registration"
        obMail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html
        obMail.Body = "<b>Note : This mail is autogenerated. So do not reply.</b>" & _
            "Please visit <a href='http://www.elbalazo.net'>sss.net</a> to login and " & _
            "access your account.<br><br>"
        SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail." & System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("DomainNameDisplay")
        SmtpMail.Send(obMail)
        obMail = Nothing
    End Function

ERROR: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123

Looks like you'll need to authenticate to the mail server. See http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspx.

Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes

503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address.
--____GQHZGBLPUNRCEGLLADQA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are running GW 6.5.2. =20 I have a user that is trying to send an email to several individuals at = one of our customers. All are delivered except one. The error she = receives for this one individual is: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a = non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or = contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined = for this server. I have tr...

This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address
This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.Regards,Irfan UllahMark as Answer to those post that helps you!  the best resource for email with asp.net (IMHO)http://www.systemnetmail.com/ Hope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout You will need to authenticate to send an email.  Here's how:http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrel...

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings.
try { MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); message.From = new MailAddress("amrit@eastlandindia.com"); message.To.Add("eramrit_datasoft@yahoo.co.in"); message.Subject = "Check Mail"; message.Body = "Your loan status"; SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient("eastlandindia.com"); smtpClient.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("eastlandindia.com", "xxxxxx"); smtpClient.Send(message); } catch (Exception ex) { Response.Write(ex.Message); }   This is my code When  i Sending mail the it give the message: Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mai...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

Sending e-mails from web server to users (e-mails that don’ t have to be responded)
Hi,   I have an offer details page where user can send an e-mail to user who has published the offer. To send this e-mail, user has to fill a little form with its name, e-mail address, telephone number and message, after that click send button. Then with a little of ASP.NET code (using MailMessage() class) and querying the database, the e-mail is sent to user who has published the offer.        My doubt or question is: How can I avoid that users who receives these e-mails from other users interested in his/her offer, responds or send e-mails to my serv...

an error occurred while sending mail. the mail server: authentication required
I'm getting the above error when I try to send emails. I've tried some of the suggestions in help files but nothing has worked. Can someone tell me what is wrong and how I can put it right. Thanks Mo M Joomun wrote: > I'm getting the above error when I try to send emails. I've tried some > of the suggestions in help files but nothing has worked. Can someone > tell me what is wrong and how I can put it right. > > Thanks > > Mo It may be just that you haven't ticked smtp authentication - and set up a username and password for t...

The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 452 is over quota and can't send mail
Hi Friends I am working on sending bulk mails in asp.net  and  my code is   Dim mailto As String, mailfrom As String, mailsubject As String, mailbody As String        Dim mailcc As String, mailbcc As String, mailbodyencoding As String, sendpwd As String        Dim mailbodyformat As String, mailserver As String, mailpriority As String        Dim cn As New SqlConnection, cmd As SqlCommand        Dim dr As SqlDataReader, st As String,...

Mass E-Mail System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients"
hi ,             i am develop a email project in asp.net with vb.net i have client email id in a table having more than 1000 email ids in my project i fetch all the mail id and using for loop i send email to all the eamil id but only 150  email was sent and i got one error "System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients" any body help to solve this bug please.......... Please post your code and we'll see what we can find.&...

System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient sends address within apostrophes(single quotes) and the server doesn't recognize server
Hello. I have a page that uses SmtpClient to send a message. the application works perfectly without bugs, but the server returns the following error message: Hi. This is the qmail-send program at smtp2.mailcluster.com.br.I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.<'******@igf.com.br'>:Sorry, I couldn't find any host named igf.com.br'.  It appears that the "magic" apostrophes that microsoft solved to put around the address messes up everything. The smtp server of this ap...

sending a e-mail thro G-mail server
MailMessage oMsg = new MailMessage();oMsg.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate", 1); oMsg.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername", "YourGMailUserName@gmail.com"); oMsg.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword", "YourGMailPasword"); oMsg.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport", 465);oMsg.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl", true); oMsg.From = "YourGMailUserName@gmail.com";oMsg.To = "YourGMailUserName2@gmail.com";oMsg.Subj...

503 This mail server requires authentication.
Has anyone got this error when requesting a password to be sent? What do I need to be looking for to keep this from happening? Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it origi...

server requires authentication to send mail
Greetings! My ISP requires a configuration that I can't find in Mozilla. (I can recieve mail just fine from multiple POP accounts. I can't send, though. Other settings seem to be fine: server, port, username, password.) In Outlook, there's a checkbox to specify "server requires authentication" prior to sending mail. Is there an equivalent setting/feature in Mozilla? Thanks! Jay In message <Xns952C2F3EFF48jaysjunkcovadnet@216.251.47.166> jay <jmaechtlen@yahoo.com> wrote: >Greetings! >My ISP requires a configuration that I can't ...

an e-mail send from my e-mail address to myself?
today i'm received an e-mail send from my own e-mail address with an attachment ( *.z ), but not send by me. how come this can happen. i'm only using online web e-mail service. Virus scan result show me this message : Virus scanning not supported for this type of file.  what is your opinion?Thanks & Regards--"Don't just always label good or bad about something, always have something is invisible from nude eyesight. " You've been spoofed. If you don't know how this can happen, what are you doing here? Seriously, delete it, why even worry about it? War doesn't determine who is rig...

Web resources about - The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address - asp.net.web-forms

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.