textbox value set on client side, is not visible on server side or, on the source of the page.

hi,

I have a textbox on my webform. the first time I load my page I fill this textbox with  "name" on the server side. once the page is loaded I set the value of the textbox to "thisIsme" with client side code. I even see a different text in the texbox.

client side:
document.all(

'txtnameInput').value =  'thisIsme';

server side:
Me.txtnaam.Text 'is stil "name" and not "thisIsme"

Why is this happening? on the webpage I see the text "thisIsme", but when I look at the source of the webpage I still see the old value in it. it's very odd... I am NOT setting the value back to "name" on the page load event of the postback.

any idea's why this is happening ?

see my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org
0
interwanderer1

When you look at the "source code" of a web page, you see the HTML which was originally sent from the server, if you change any value inside any element on client side (textboxes, selects, checkboxes...) you won't see it on the "source code", but the "page" object into the browser does keep them well.

Now if you don't get the rigth value ("thisIsme") when you submit the form back to the server that could be a different issue.

0
jportelas

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Setting the value of server side variable in javascript and wants to use that server side variable on page load.
Hi, I am trying to set the value of a server side variable in javascript and wants to use that variable on page load.  Here is my sample code. -------------------------- private string testVal = null;  private void registerScript(){ if (!this.Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("RequestHeaderValidation")){ StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder("" + Environment.NewLine);sb.Append(" var version = '2.0'; " + Environment.NewLine); sb.Append(" var isInstalled = Silverlight.isInstalled(version);" + Environment.NewLine)...

Issue obtaining values in server-side from dropdownlist when updating value using client-side script in master page
HiI got a page in a contentplaceholder of a master page. There is two pulldowns. I populate the first one using server side coding and then use client-side javascript. So far so good. The issue is that upon a postback I try to collect the select value of the second pulldown and there is no data in the pulldown and no selected item. I tried using control.selectedvalue (nothing) or searching the form controls Stringvariable = oForm.FindControl("Control")Thing is I've done this before in 1.1 outside of a master page and it works.Thanks in ad...

How to Encrypt the value of textbox in client side and Decrypt it in server side?
How to Encrypt the value of textbox in client side and Decrypt it in server side? THere is no use in decrypting ur content @ client side since a normal user can view the decrytion logic when he takes 'view source' option 'SSL' technology is used in this situations. SreejithSreejithhttp://tips4dotnet.blogspot.com/ Sreejith: he did not ask to decrypt it on client-side! Take a loot at this article on the Cryptography application block: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms954823Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog! Another good article: http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/VB.Net...

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

server side or client side page?
a page that contain a validation control and starting a storeProcedures when the user click on a button --is considered as a client side page or as a server side page?it seems to me that in asp.net everthing is server side, where are the client side pages?thanks The sp is server side, but the validation can be on or the other, depending on how it's coded.ASP.Net has it's validations, so it's server side when using them.But you can also make validations via JavaScript, so that would be client side.Zath but the validation controls (like RequiredFiledValidator) is a client side va...

The value set to controls at client side donot persist for each page load, else it is again set to the default value...??
 I am trying to set date to the textbox field using javascript (Client side), the function is as follows. function From_calendarPicker(){                                var    sDPath = "../Calender.aspx";                 var    oWin = window.showModalDialog(sDPath, null, "dialogWidth:300px;dialogHeight:250px;help:0;status:0;scroll:0;center:1");  &nbs...

pass client textbox value to a server side textbox
HiDoes anyone know how in javascript to pass a client side textbox value to a server side textbox?Thanks in advance.Graham. An asp textbox is a resular textbox. so you do it the same way.document.formName.elementName.value = document.formName.elementName2.value;One thing to note is that the asp textbox is going to have a slightly different name then what you named it.EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

How can i create get values from Opened page in client side to my first page(server page)
i have a little bit problem that my Server page has coding like this : btn.attributes.add("onclick()",getdata()) and one text box is txt1 now when user clicks it Button btn then getdata function  executes ok client page function getdata(){ response.redirect("hello.aspx") } now on hello.aspx has 1 textbox txt2   now what ever the data has been inputted by user in (client side textbox) txt2 i want to assign it to txt1 (server side )conrtol on server pls help me send me code ...  Jay "Enjoy Life" When you do the redirect from Page #2 back to Page...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

Web resources about - textbox value set on client side, is not visible on server side or, on the source of the page. - asp.net.web-forms

Aqua (user interface) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aqua is the GUI and primary visual theme of Apple Inc. 's OS X operating system . It is based around the theme of water, as its name suggests, ...

Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WP:RFCU redirects here. You may be looking for Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User conduct ( WP:RFC/U ), CheckUser policy ( Wikipedia:CheckUser ...

Help - Identi.ca
Identi.ca is a social service . Users can post short(140 character) status messages which are broadcast totheir friends and colleagues on the ...

City of Whitehorse, YT : Contact
Employment - Bylaws - Document Library - FAQ - Contact Us Search Query Textbox Home Home About Whitehorse Notify Me Contact Us Employee Links ...

www.asianewsphoto.com Help
Help for uploading pictures Noun explanation Group pictures: a basic unit which stands for a piece of news photo in system; include: information ...

Metamorphose: All-In-One File/Folder Renamer For Windows, Mac & Linux
Previously, we’ve reviewed many batch file-renaming applications like ReNamer (read review), NameChanger (read review), File Grinder (read review) ...

How to build a Twitter extension for Chrome
Ars takes a close look at the Chrome Web browser's new extension system. In …

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- RSS
... RSS Service, please follow the instructions below. STEP 1. Select the product to subscribe. STEP 2. The RSS link will be shown on the Textbox ...

authonomy writers and readers - Daniel Escurel Occeno's profile - authonomy writing community
... of the Point Guard”. It is entered in www.textnovel.com writing contest.In the TEXTNOVEL website simply type in “Lee Chon” in the textbox search ...

Baseball Prospectus
Forgot Your Password? Enter your username in the textbox below. Username: If you don't remember your username, please contact Customer Service ...