TextBox control not retaining values inside Wizard Control

I might be doing someting very silly.

I have a wizard control. Everthing works fine on Wizardstep 1 . But on the step 2 I have some TextBoxes and a Button. When I click on the button a page postback happens and then there is nothing in the TextBox.Text property in the code behind.

sahajMarg

I notice the status of this thread is “Resolved”, is it marked yourself? If so, please post your answer in order for others member learn from it.
We will greatly appreciate all your sharing.

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Passing values from a parent web control to child web control
I have a parent control which called CONTROL1 and a child control witch called CONTROL2 I would link to pass a value from the parent control to the child control. In the parent control(CONTROL1) I have the following Event Handler . private void btn_Handler(object sender, EventArgs e) { …      if (Page.IsPostBack) {              // Send the officer names to the child controls.             if(m_nameList.SelectedItem.Text != "")     ...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Web control in web control

Clearing Web Controls Values from a Web Form
I have a web form and after a user submit it I want to clear the form so that they may submit another entry. I have seen examples in VB of how to loop thru a web form and clear the controls, but I need a C# solution. I have tried the following code, while it does not give me an error, it does not clear the controls on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks! foreach (Control parent in Page.Controls)         {             foreach (Control child in parent.Controls)           ...

How can I get the textbox value from a web user control inside an iframe?
Hi there, I have a page p1.aspx which has an iframe, if1, and a button sb1. The source of if1 is p2.aspx which has a web user control uc.ascx. In uc.ascx, there is a textbox, tb1, for user to enter a string. My question is: Is it possible to get the text of tb1 of uc.ascx in the p1.aspx when I click the button sb1? And How? Thanks in advance....

Retaining Current Values Of DropDown List inside a Form View Control
I have two dropdownlist controls inside a formview control which lists the "genre" and "rating" for a video game.  The two dropdownlist are bound to an objectdatasource which extracts the "genre" item and "rating" item. I also set the property "AppendDataBoundItems" to "true" becaue i want the user to be able to change the current value of the list. With this in mind, i manually added "listitems" in order for the user to have a selection of all the "genre" and "rating" fields. My problem is when i ...

Control values not retained in user control
Hi there,I have a user control on my main page that contains a form for creating/editing records in a popup.  Whenever the popup is closed I want to clear out the form to prepare it for re-use.  To do this I have added a public "Reset" method to the user control that sets all the form fields to empty strings, and is called from the main page.  I have stepped through my code and the Reset method is being executed and re-setting the control values, but when the control is re-loaded (i.e. the popup is opened to create/edit a new record) the old values are displayed.Does...

Wizard Control and Web User Control
I am trying to use the Wizard Control to  handle several forms as control(Web User Control) within the wizard. I saw that it would be great to create the Web form as  Web User Control instead of placing all of code in the wizard. But the problem is how to pass parmeter better the wizard and the form control(Web User Control). There seem to be a simple way. Does anyone has and example of this. The type of application that I am looking to create is donation application with supplies order and subscription to donars and partners. I am having to commu...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Web resources about - TextBox control not retaining values inside Wizard Control - asp.net.web-forms

Retaining wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... on the opposite side. The walls must resist the lateral pressures generated by loose soils or, in some cases, water pressures . Every retaining ...

Western Sydney confident of retaining Ono
WESTERN SYDNEY are in no rush to extend Shinji Ono's contract despite the threat of losing the Japanese star to a rival A-League club at the ...

Meninga may have last word on retaining Papalii
Canberra Raiders prop David Shillington believes Mal Meninga could be the club's secret weapon as it ramps up its quest to re-sign in-demand ...

North Queensland Cowboys 2015 NRL premiers: Peter Parr confident of retaining grand final side long term ...
NORTH Queensland supremo Peter Parr is quietly confident the club can keep cashed up rivals at bay despite up to nine of their grand final winning ...

Fox Sports and Seven tie up AFL rights in $2.5bn deal with Telstra retaining digital rights
News Corp owned Fox Sports and Seven Network have tied up the rights for the AFL for six years for a record breaking $2.508bn, double the previous ...

Australian Rugby Union confident of retaining Israel Folau 'longer-term'
The Australian Rugby Union is confident it can fend off a raid from the NRL and lock in dual international Israel Folau for as long as three ...

Tips for retaining employees from Takor’s Amir Farhand
Australian geospatial startup Takor has been operating for nearly seven years now and CEO Amir Farhand says he’s yet to lose one employee.

Essendon Bombers still hopeful of retaining Jake Carlisle and Jake Melksham
Essendon have not given up hope of convincing wantaway duo Jake Carlisle and Jake Melksham to stay now that John Worsfold has been installed ...

Right move in retaining telco bar
THE Abbott government has made the right call in continuing Labor's ban on participation in the NBN network by the Chinese telco giant Huawei. ...

NRL boss still has high hopes of retaining Williams
NRL boss Dave Smith hasn't given up hope of keeping Sonny Bill Williams in the game and hopes the current salary cap review will make the 13-man ...