System.Web.UI.Page and Ajax.net

 İ use .net 2005 and ajax.net.Normally i use System.Web.UI.Page,my webpage is working.But in here we use

other page that extends System.Web.UI.Page.if i extend my class to our  webpage my ajax.net isn't  working.

My error explanation is:

sys.webfrom.pagerequestmanagerparserErrorException:the message received from the server could not be
parsed.Common causes for this error are when the response is modifies by calls to Response.write(),
response filters,httpmodules,or server trace is enabled.

Details:Error parsing near'itle||Untitled PAge|<script language=J'.

i wait help....

0
Swert

Hi Swert,

Are you using the ASP.NET ajax library? (ajax.asp.net) or are you talking about the ajax.net library? (ajax.schwarz-interactive.de)

I presume u use the ASP.NET one. On a page that is ajax enabled ....

  • don't use this: page.clientscript or response.write
  • use this: scriptmanager.registerstartupscript; scriptmanager. ...

Hope this helps!
Wim

deblendewim
6/14/2007 8:50:52 AM

my class definition is

public partial class _Default :xxxxxxxxxxx.WebPage

{

}

and i get error

bu my class definition is

public partial class _Default :  System.Web.UI.Page{

}

my web page is working.

 thanks....

0
Swert
6/14/2007 9:03:28 AM

Hello Swert,

Please read the following article, and it tells you about how to resolve the "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException" error related to ASP.NET AJAX

If you've used the Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel control, there's a good chance you've hit the "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException" error.

What's a PageRequestManagerParserErrorException?

The UpdatePanel control uses asynchronous postbacks to control which parts of the page get rendered. It does this using a whole bunch of JavaScript on the client and a whole bunch of C# on the server. Asynchronous postbacks are exactly the same as regular postbacks except for one important thing: the rendering. Asynchronous postbacks go through the same life cycles events as regular pages (this is a question I get asked often). Only at the render phase do things get different. We capture the rendering of only the UpdatePanels that we care about and send it down to the client using a special format. In addition, we send out some other pieces of information, such as the page title, hidden form values, the form action URL, and lists of scripts.

As I mentioned, this is rendered out using a special format that the JavaScript on the client can understand. If you mess with the format by rendering things outside of the render phase of the page, the format will be messed up. Perhaps the most common way to do this is to call Response.Write() during Page's Load event, which is something that page developers often do for debugging purposes.

The client ends up receiving a blob of data that it can't parse, so it gives up and shows you a PageRequestManagerParserErrorException. Here's an example of what the message contains:

---------------------------
Microsoft Internet Explorer
---------------------------
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.

Details: Error parsing near 'Hello, World!106|upd'.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

If you ask me, this error message is not all that bad. After all, I'm the one that made it :) The details indicate what was being parsed when it decided to give up. You can see the part of the text from my Response.Write(), and immediately after that is part of the special format I keep mentioning.

Why do I keeping getting a PageRequestManagerParserErrorException?

Well, chances are you're doing one of the things mentioned in the error message. Here are the most common reasons and why they don't work:

Calls to Response.Write():
By calling Response.Write() directly you are bypassing the normal rendering mechanism of ASP.NET controls. The bits you write are going straight out to the client without further processing (well, mostly...). This means that UpdatePanel can't encode the data in its special format.
Response filters:
Similar to Response.Write(), response filters can change the rendering in such a way that the UpdatePanel won't know.
HttpModules:
Again, the same deal as Response.Write() and response filters.
Server trace is enabled:
If I were going to implement trace again, I'd do it differently. Trace is effectively written out using Response.Write(), and as such messes up the special format that we use for UpdatePanel.
Calls to Server.Transfer():
Unfortunately, there's no way to detect that Server.Transfer() was called. This means that UpdatePanel can't do anything intelligent when someone calls Server.Transfer(). The response sent back to the client is the HTML markup from the page to which you transferred. Since its HTML and not the special format, it can't be parsed, and you get the error.

How do I avoid getting a PageRequestManagerParserErrorException?

To start with, don't do anything from the preceding list! Here's a matching list of how to avoid a given error (when possible):

Calls to Response.Write():
Place an <asp:Label> or similar control on your page and set its Text property. The added benefit is that your pages will be valid HTML. When using Response.Write() you typically end up with pages that contain invalid markup.
Response filters:
The fix might just be to not use the filter. They're not used very often anyway. If possible, filter things at the control level and not at the response level.
HttpModules:
Same as response filters.
Server trace is enabled:
Use some other form of tracing, such as writing to a log file, the Windows event log, or a custom mechanism.
Calls to Server.Transfer():

I'm not really sure why people use Server.Transfer() at all. Perhaps it's a legacy thing from Classic ASP. I'd suggest using Response.Redirect() with query string parameters or cross-page posting.
Another way to avoid the parse error is to do a regular postback instead of an asynchronous postback. For example, if you have a button that absolutely must do a Server.Transfer(), make it do regular postbacks. There are a number of ways of doing this:

The easiest is to simply place the button outside of any UpdatePanels. Unfortunately the layout of your page might not allow for this.
Add a PostBackTrigger to your UpdatePanel that points at the button. This works great if the button is declared statically through markup on the page.
Call ScriptManager.RegisterPostBackControl() and pass in the button in question. This is the best solution for controls that are added dynamically, such as those inside a repeating template.

Summary

If you avoid changing the response stream, you're good to go. If you absolutely must change the response stream, simply don't do asynchronous postbacks.

Hope it helps,

 Jessica

Jessica Cao
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Jessica

System.Web.UI.Page and System.Web.UI.UserControl
the below code works great for myBasePage.cs that inherits from : System.Web.UI.Page and the same code i copied to another base class which is myBaseControl.cs that inherits from : System.Web.UI.UserControlthe below code does not work for myBaseControl.cs and after i look at the MSDN i found that i have to use   SaveViewState()LoadViewStatemy qustion is how do i make my code use the above two methods (SaveViewState & LoadViewState) ? protected override void SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium(object viewState){string key = Request.Url.ToString() + "__VIEWSTATE";System.IO.Memo...

'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
It code worked fine on my PC..but gettting following message on server.... 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'  i checked this thread http://forums.asp.net/p/1123792/1869084.aspx#1869084  but it doesn't help me...  My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Updating global assembly cache of server, solved this error Some how installation is not updating GAC..so you have to do it manuallyMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwis...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
I downloaded the 10618 version and can not get it working.  The sample website that comes with the release gives me this error on every page I try to browse. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.]   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47&n...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. error
Hi,  I have used the Animation control of the Ajax Control Toolkit successfully on my local PC. The web site was successfully launched on a third party hosting company. Recently, I had to change to another third party hosting company and now I get the following error on the page where I used the Animation control. All other pages are working fine. Does any one know how I can resolve this error?   Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during t...

Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.
  I have a website which is running on IIS 5.1. Wen ever I am trying to access any page based on .net framework 2.0 I get this error Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, ...

Understanding Web Form System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest
Hello all ... I'm working with a third-party product that monitors .NET and ASP.NET performance.  This product monitors performance times for "entry points" ... essentially how long it takes to load an .aspx page, etc.  Pretty slick. The "entry point" they use to start tracking time on a Web page is System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest      I looked this up in the docs, and it says this is one of the features available in ASP.NET that really isn't intended for developers to use.  OK, fair enough.  I as a developer shouldn't use it....

System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ClientScriptManager(System.Web.UI.Page)' is inaccessible due to its protection level
I get this error when I try to add a client script to a page from codebehind. "System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ClientScriptManager(System.Web.UI.Page)' is inaccessible due to its protection level"I get full intellisense when I type the code, but there is a red line under "new ClientScriptManager();"ClientScriptManager ClientScript = new ClientScriptManager();        ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(HttpContext.Current.GetType(), "onLoadCall", "<script language='javascript'></script>"); I...

Warning 4 'System.Web.UI.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(System.Web.UI.Control, string)' is obsolete
Hi I am using the following code in an ASP.NET C# web application: this.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(this, string.Empty);if (this.IsPostBack) {string eventTarget = (this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"]; string eventArgument = (this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"];if (eventTarget == "ForcedPostBack") { // This was a PostBack from the client-side forcedPostBack function... // eventArgument will equal "Some value to send server-...

System.web.UI doesn't work in VB.Net Form?
 Hi, I downloaded a little example recently and tried converting it to VB.Net.  Surprisingly I found that while my VB Web projects and CSharp Windows Form projects work with System.web.UI, VB Windows Forms don't seem to. Is there any way I can use System.web.UI features with a windows form? This is the code I'm trying to convert to VB:   using System.IO;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI;// render the DataGrid control to a fileusing(StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(textBox1.Text)){ using(HtmlTextWriter hw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw)) { g...

Web resources about - System.Web.UI.Page and Ajax.net - asp.net.web-forms

List of areas in the United States National Park System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The National Park System of the United States is the collection of physical properties owned or administered by the National Park Service . This ...

Shared Services Canada's Move To Put Federal Worker On New Email System Halted
The goal was to increase digital security. OTTAWA — The department in charge of creating a single email system for the federal government says ...

Compulab Rolls-Out Passively-Cooled Airtop Systems
Compulab, a maker of miniature and small form-factor computers, is introducing its first desktop system called Airtop today. The new computer ...

NYC police boss urges 'buddy system' for women in cabs
Filed under: Green , Transportation Alternatives NYC Police Commissioner William Bratton says women should, 'adopt the buddy system' when they ...

ISIS has its own secure messaging system this illustrates the futility of communication surveillance
... This is something that was perfectly demonstrated this week when it became apparent that ISIS has developed its own secure messaging system. ...

Don’t buy a home audio system before you check out these deals
... truth that some people have trouble accepting: You should never use the built-in speakers in HDTVs. Buying a separate home audio system doesn't ...

42% OF AMERICANS NOW REJECT 2-PARTY SYSTEM: Confirm That Government is the Problem
... 16% of Independents admitted leaning Democratic and another 16% admitted a Republican tendency, evidencing the weight of the two-party system ...

JetBlue Site Experiencing “Intermittent System Outages” That’s Messing With Online Check-In, Boarding ...
... checking in online, or printing boarding passes on JetBlue.com, you aren’t alone: the airline said that it’s having issues with its system, ...

Proficio Capital Partners Invests $31,000 in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
Proficio Capital Partners purchased a new position in shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) during the fourth quarter, according to its ...

GOP Lawmakers Call On IRS To Fix Audit System And Protect First Amendment
GOP Lawmakers Call On IRS To Fix Audit System And Protect First Amendment