Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form

hi

i m making a software in which i will submitt some data from a web page that will go to a web form of which contrlos are unknown to me only i know the name and how many controls in that form it means i can see the form only. how can i do this please help me soon with code plz its very argent.

i m doin this wit the help of foxtrot.xray.WebRobot but its giving me error that this dll file is already exists in The file ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\_foxtrot.xray.WebRobot.dll' already exists).

i don know what will do so please help me soon please
thanks
praveen
0
hellopraveen30

We can pass parameters across different web forms through session variables or url with parameters.If you pass parameters to the unknown web form,do you know how does it receive the parameters?
0
Jasson_King
11/15/2006 9:17:33 AM

Hi

    We can pass the data by using paramers in URL and sessions,

   i didn't get about foxtrot.xray.WebRoot.dll. Iam seeing first time about this.

   If you are free tell me what exactly you asking or you are using that DLL.

Thanks

Pradeep

0
pradpb999

  foxtrot.xray.WebRobot is suitable to access the controls in the unknown web forms.That is enough to know the control name and type to access it.

Here are some sample codes for your reference.

Public Function myspacelogin(ByVal email As String, ByVal passwd As _
String) As String
    Dim wrobot As New foxtrot.xray.WebRobot()
    wrobot.Base = "http://www.myspace.com"
    wrobot.LoadPage("/")
    Dim wform As foxtrot.xray.Form = wrobot.GetFormByName("theForm")
    Dim wemail As foxtrot.xray.Input = wform.GetFieldByName("email")
    Dim wpwd As foxtrot.xray.Input = wform.GetFieldByName("password")
    wemail.InputValue = email
    wpwd.InputValue = passwd
    wrobot.SubmitForm(wform)
    Return wrobot.HTMLSource
End Function

Try to refer to the following link about how to use foxtrot.xray.WebRobot. - http://foxtrot-xray.com/main/tutorial/webrobot-tutorial-1b

There are some useful codes for you here - http://secure.codeproject.com/useritems/ajaxwebscrapingfordigg.asp

Wish this can help you solve your problem.

0
Jasson_King

Web forms and mobile web forms

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Include web form inside web form
I tried to include an aspx file in a asp.net web form. However, all the web controls (textbox, button) in the included page are not displayed when called. <Form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> <%   Response.writeFile("subPage.aspx"); %> <asp:button id="btnPrev" runat="server" text="Previous"></asp:button> </Form> There are some <asp:textbox> controls in the subPage.aspx file, the file itself works fine, but when it is included in the main page, all the controls are not displayed. Please assist. Thanks   u should use iFrame instead...   <iFrame src="subPage.aspx" /> Hi, much more convenient way to have reusability in "page-like way" is to use user controls. Web Forms User Controlshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconwebformsusercontrols.aspThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com You can avoid the windows tool bar.just make the edit page as a pop up window and you can set the parameters there .You can also disable the right click if you fear the user will right click and go back just add this code oncontextmenu="return false;"  to the body tag of the pop up window.or Did i get the problem right ???? Sumesh R"Don't hesitate to try , you may be wrong but still you could gain a lesson and that's what i call EXPERIENCE "Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you Hello Thank you for you answer.   I have a question, on my edit button i wrote this code :Session.Add("UserID", gvUsers.DataKeys[gvUsers.SelectedIndex].Value.ToString());string sURL = string.Format("{0}", "./forms/fEditUsers.aspx"); Response.Redirect(sURL);  Now for the second part, I...

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) From Last(s) aspx.page Begin PreInit aspx.page End PreInit 3.68761951588819E-05 0.000037 aspx.page Begin Init 6.36952461835233E-05 0.000027 aspx.page End Init 8.91174716339647E-05 0.000025 aspx.page Begin InitComplete 0.000105879378524366 0.000017 aspx.page End InitComplete 0.000123479380759286 0.000018 aspx.page Begin LoadState 0.000139682557420007 0.000016 aspx.page End LoadState 0.0288617687443516 0.028722 aspx.page Begin ProcessPostData 0.0289100989092189 0.000048 aspx.page End ProcessPostData 0.0364705570121342 0.007560 aspx.page Begin PreLoad 0.0365082713026376 0.000038 aspx.page End PreLoad 0.0365431919419926 0.000035 aspx.page Begin Load 0.0365610713093424 0.000018 aspx.page End Load 0.0586415312560675 0.022080 aspx.page Begin ProcessPostData Second Try 0.0586867884046715 0.000045 aspx.p...

hi all I have this scenarios i have two web forms, one called form1 and the other called form2 form1 has a label with id "lbl1" is it possible to access lbl1 from form2, change its text permenantly? thanks.   refer: http://dotnetslackers.com/Community/blogs/haissam/archive/2007/11/26/ways-to-pass-data-between-webforms.aspxSSNPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. MinaSamy: hi all I have this scenarios i have two web forms, one called form1 and the other called form2 form1 has a label with id "lbl1" is it possible to access lbl1 from form2, change its text permenantly? thanks. Hi once you navigate from the page you can only access its properties if you you cant chnage it when you return back the value will again be new one unless you assign it So you can use session variables and set the session variable Session("lbl") = "Hello" Label1.Text = Session("lbl").ToString()   hence whenever you chnage value of Session variable it will be reflected in ur labelMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets Thanks for you help but what I mean is there a method to add a control to form2 permenantly so even after i close the browser and re-open it the added control is still there . thanks. MinaSamy: Thanks for you help but what I mean is there a method to add a control to form2 permen...

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Comparison Web Form <-> Mobile Web Form
Hi all,Is there any overview of the (dis-)advantages using Mobile Web Forms compared with normal Web Form? I know I need to use Mobile Web Form if it should be accessible with handhelds, but does it make sense using Mobile web Form when the webpage should not be available for handhelds?Thanks!      The benefit on using the mobile web form is the ability to use the mobile controls that had adaptive rendering for different handsets. The built in features of controls like the objectlist and selectionlist are great and and form paging is also a neat thing.If you are not developing for portable hand held devices like pdas/mobile phones then don't even look into mobile web forms. Mobile web forms have a very limited set controls and unless you use device specific filtering (which gets ugly maintaining a code base and type safety) you cannot use ASP.NET controls and HTML, javascript etc.  ...

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is a captcha control, we only need to enter it and then manually hit submit. We are moving our systems to the web.  My question:  Is there a way to do this from a web form?The follow-up questions would be, where do I go to find out how to open multiple tabs in IE 7 to do the same thing?Thank you in advance,David C...

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a class that has all the data access functions that returns datasets, and use this class in all your forms. This way if you change the database, you just have to change the class.Wessam Zeidan Thank you for your answer:But I don't understan what do you call  "Data access functions that returns datasets"I mean, the wizard generates in the web form code like this Me.OleDbSelectCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand Me.OleDbInsertCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommandMe.OleDbUpdateCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommandMe.OleDbDeleteCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommandMe.OleDbConnection1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionMe.OleDbDataAdapter1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapterMe.DataSet11 = New globales.DataSet1CType(Me.DataSet11, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit()'OleDbSelectCommand1Me.OleDbSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELE...

how to place a <form> in web form form
i placed a <form> in the web form, but i can't submit coz i neet to submit to another web site how can i do??? Mike Chan You cannot submit a <form> to another page if you have a RunAt="Server" in the form tag. Remove that RunAt="Server" and you can (though then you will need to use plain old HTML inside that form). What are you trying to do? Why do you need to post to another form?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog COZ I NEED TO POST SOME INFORMATION TO ANOTHER WEB SITE IS THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION?M...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web resources about - Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form - asp.net.web-forms

Victorian election Fact Check. What’s so bad about not submitting your policies to the Treasury for costing ...
The claim: The Coalition says Labor's refusal to submit its costings to treasury shows it can't be trusted to manage the economy.

Eels forward Kenny Edwards facing nine-month ban after submitting urine sample on behalf of teammate ...
A STAR Parramatta player is facing a nine-month ban from rugby league after impersonating an Eels teammate during a pre-season drug test.

Rules and tips for submitting letters
Rules and tips for submitting letters

Metadata / Submitting Your Instant Answer / DuckDuckHack
Community Platform of DuckDuckGo - Translate DuckDuckGo, use our XMPP or make your own user page!

Apple asks developers to begin submitting apps for OS X Mavericks ahead of October 22 event
... 22nd event where the company is expected to unveil new iPads alongside other product announcements, Apple today asked developers to begin submitting ...

Don’t File That Brief! The One Thing You Must Check Before Submitting
Much as the juiciest berries are impossible to find on a well-traveled path, finding the cases that set you apart from an average litigator requires ...

Apple submitting fourth plan for Georgetown Apple Store
Apple has been submitting design proposals for a Georgetown store in …

Augusta groups begin submitting applications for SPLOST funding
About 20 percent of what's expected to be a nearly $200 million tax package is already spoken for.

Goucher to allow students to apply by submitting a video
If your grades and SAT scores are less than stellar, you might still have a shot at getting into Goucher College with a two-minute video.

Submitting your content directly to Bing
Four easy ways to make sure your content gets in, or back in, to the Bing index. URL/Domain submit - submit your domain to us if you have a ...