Simple Array String problem

hi,

I have defined an array string
dim string_array() as string
and now i want it to be cleared before i set values to it, but i can't seem to handle that.
..clear doesn't work, it requires some extra parameters such as array, index, and integer.
is there something out there, that's new for me to learn.
please help
0
shahramk

Are you aware of the ArrayList? It has a Clear() method:

ArrayList al = new ArrayList();
al.Clear();
0
RonAFS
1/13/2004 7:53:59 PM
i did finally get it done with Arraylist, but was wondering if the same effect is possible using ArrayString, instead of Arraylist

thank you
0
shahramk

PB 11 .Net Web Form return a simple string?
Is it possible to create a pb 11 webform app that will accept input parms and return a simple string in response? Not trying to convert an existing app, I just want to be able to create web forms that can accept input parms, query a database to determine the answer based on the parms, and then return the answer in string format. For example, if I typed in the following url http://localhost.com/test?empid=1000 it might return "John Doe" as a simple string. WebForm is the wrong direction. You can create a .net assembly and use this inside asp. No big deal. ...

Problems with the .NET 2005 web form designer
In Visual Studio.NET 2003, building a web page was very similar to building a plain old form. In 2005, everything's changed. Every control gets shifted to the top left, I have to use panels and so on to separate things, and if I have to change something later it's an absolute nightmare. Am I really stuck with this, or is there some switch somewhere that will allow me to do things the way I'm used to?   Geoffrey Callaghan Try this.  Bring up an aspx page in design (not source) mode.  This will enable the Layout menu. Goto Layout->Position->Auto-Pos...

Seemingly simple HTML problem in web form page
I have a relatively simple page which consists of only 2 elements.....a user control at the top, and a datagrid in the bottom. To format, I've created a table w/only 2 rows, one for each of the elements. The problem is that the datagrid data is being displayed on top of the user control data (ie, **all** data from both the user control and datagrid are being displayed together) as if they were occupying the same cell. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I need to do to correct it? Here's my html....very simple. (btw, my user control itself consists of only one table w/4 r...

Read a simple STRING ARRAY returned by a web service
I have a simple method in a webservice that returns a string array: [WebMethod] public string[] NewsItems() { string[] CNNNews = null; CNNNews[0] = "The first News"; CNNNews[1] = "The second News"; CNNNews[2] = "The third News"; return CNNNews; } From another application I call the webservice and there are no problems with that. The problem arises when I try to put what the Webservice returns in a variable. This is most probably a problem with my C# rather that with the web service. On the line marked THIS LINE below I...

Looking for simple ADO.NET web form example
Hello! I am new to ADO.NET, but i know ADO quite well... I am building a simple web form with text boxes for user input. The form data is going into an Access database, and the purpose of the form is to edit a record. 1. How can I send the form data to the db as an update Query with ADO.NET 2. Is there a method with ADO.NET that replaces something like: rs.Fields(1).Value = "test" rs.Update thanks for any help noccy 1. You can use a OleDbCommand object and create a parameterized UPDATE or INSERT statement to update/add items. 2. In theory, you can...

vs.net web forms wysiwyg resize row problem
I don't know if someone ever when throw this problem, but something weird is happening with the wysiwyg from web forms of .net, the problem is the following: sometimes when i'm selecting a control in the HTML mode it selects to resize the row by mistake, the resize mouse pointer appears and i click to drop the resize mode, but then i'm not allowed to go outside of the table that i resized the row even dropping the resize mode, i try to change to code mode, and it allows to go beond the table but when i get cack to HTML mode it doesm't i'm forced to restart the vs.net, this is quite anoyng...

Web Service apache axis array problem in .net client
I am trying to use a Web Service generated on Apache Axis and complex types(arrays) only get empty array. http://cattest.tecdoc.net/pegasus-1-1b/services/TecdocToCatWL?wsdl I am testing: getFuelTypes My code VS2005 VB: Dim Service As TecdocToCatSkeletonService = New TecdocToCatSkeletonService Dim aa As FuelTypesRequest = New FuelTypesRequest     aa.provider = 147    aa.lang = "pt" Dim ftypes As FuelTypesResponse = New FuelTypesResponse()     ftypes = Service.getFuelTypes(aa) I made a proxy with wsdl.exe and change the proxy to...

web.config/ADO.NET command/connection string problem?
Ok, I have searched everywhere and not been able to find an answer yet so I hope someone can help me. I have an application that uses a key in the web.config file to reference a connection string to SQL Server 2000. In the development environment, this works as expected. However, when I edit the web.config file to reference a new database (initial catalog) it doesn't seem to register for some of the command objects (based on stored procs). I will receive an error that the user could not log on to database X, even though the connection should now be referencing database Y. This only happens w...

Using array of array of strings v List<List<string>> w/ web services
I am having some trouble calling a web service method that has a List <List string>> and passing a javascript Array (rank = 2).  My solution was to use object[] as an arg. Not sure why List <string> works great with web methods but List<List <string>> method never gets called until I switch to using object[].  Not a big deal, makes my code a little uglier. Thanks. AORegards,Alex Osipov Thanks for reporting this issue, this turns out to be a bug in the current implementation, and will be fixed in a future CTP... Thanks for quick reply! &n...

CR 9 for VS.NET PDF problems using web forms
Hi all. I am trying to capture patient history data then summarize the data in a one page report using Crystal Report. I would like to use Adobe Plug-in to alllow for printing the report (although printing from the browser will be acceptable). I am using the code straight off of the web site: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim myExportOptions As CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions Dim myDiskFileDestination As CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions Dim myExportFile...

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

Acessing variables,arrays, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have a textbox where user can put data.I store data into an array .I did this with java script.now i want to acess the array from the Codebehind  in vb.net web pages.here is the codefunction MakeArray( n ) { if( n <= 0 ) { this.length = 0; return this; } this.length = n; for( var i = 1; i <= n; i++ ) { this[ i ] = 0; } return this; } var Form1 = new MakeArray( 25 ); var index = 0; var cmmnd = 1; function f_store( sTR ) { var i; if( index >= Form1.length ) { for( i = 1; i < Form1.length; i++ ) Form1[i-1] = Form1; index = Form1.length - 1; } Form1[ index ] = cmmnd + ":" + sT...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web resources about - Simple Array String problem - asp.net.web-forms

Wee problem with credibility of studies
Perhaps the creepiest science experiment ever conducted took place in a lavatory.

FBI Director: Silicon Valley’s encryption is a “business model problem”
... attacks in Paris and California. Today, FBI director James Comey has suggested that Silicon Valley isn't faced with a serious technical problem, ...

Audi says fixing diesel emission problem is simple
... Green , Audi , Porsche , Volkswagen , Emissions , Diesel , Luxury Audi believes a simple fix might be enough to solve the emissions problem ...

The FBI finally gives a clear explanation about its problems with encryption
The FBI is still banging the drum for tech firms to give it a "backdoor" to encrypted devices and this time it's offered a clear explanation ...

"I say, folks, you know, I’m sorry I did this to you, but you’ve got to get used to it. It’s one of those ...
"I’m going to win. ... You know, I’m not one of these other guys that goes down. I don’t go down. I go up." Donald Trump says get used to it ...

A ton of actresses are talking about how to tackle Hollywood's gender problem
Back in October, Jennifer Lawrence wrote an essay about her struggle to be paid fairly for "American Hustle." The essay went viral and inspired ...

Guilty verdict for Oklahoma cop in serial rape trial: A national problem
Christian Science Monitor Guilty verdict for Oklahoma cop in serial rape trial: A national problem Christian Science Monitor A former Oklahoma ...

In Ghana, the global problem of e-waste has local consequences
Consumers have a nasty habit of throwing out their electronics as soon as newer, shinier models become available, and they rarely ever do so ...

Ted Cruz denies questioning Donald Trump's judgment. Problem is, he did it on tape.
Did Ted Cruz question whether Donald Trump has the judgment to be president or did he not? Cruz, who has cuddled up to Trump throughout the campaign, ...