Set Label.Text property from aspx page with an object property

Hello,

i would like to set a label text property with an object property. Neither this (or DateTime.Now.ToString()) is working:

<asp:Label ID="temp" runat="server" Text='<%=Session("ActiveProfileId") Is Nothing%>' />
0
Gremo

If you want to set this when the page loads, then you should do this in the page load event:

<script runat="server">

    void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        if (!Page.IsPostBack)
        {
           Label1.Text = DateTime.Now.ToLongDateString();
        }
    }
</script>
0
leavelbw
7/25/2008 1:27:12 AM

You need to typecast it to string as Text property of label will accept only string Session("ActiveProfileId") .Tostring()

Sid heart
0
jsiddharthj

I want to setup property value in property page but there "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
What is it? And how i can debug my controls? Hi, we would pretty much more information. What kind of is the property in question? Is it string, URL or what? You would be able to debug controls by having controls on separate Web Control Library project and then the actual consuming app on project that uses these controls (references the Web Control Library project). Put breakpoints on the code for your controls and run F5 in Visual Studio to start debugging (like you nornmally would). That's it.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU If you access childobjects of your custom control in th...

Set Text property dynamically in aspx page?
Is something like this possible?<asp:Textbox runat="server" Text="<% =User.Identity.Name%>" />I mean any code in <% ... %> to set Text property of any server control, dynamically, directly in aspx page, declaritively, without invovling code behind.Thanks. Hi,   if you use embedded code in a runat="server" control ,the only result you got is the plain text <% =User.Identity.Name%> rather than the value of User.Identity.Name.   however,you could use a pure html control to achieve that   e.g.    <input type="text" id="test" va...

setting the text property of a label in a master page
I'm just getting started... I've added a label to a master page. How do I set the text property of this control, using vb in the code behind of a page which uses the master page? Take a look at the followin MSDN article: How to: Reference ASP.NET Master Page Content http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xxwa0ff0(vs.90).aspx  Bill HiebertVisual Studio Web Tools...

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

Form properties will not work when I create a aspx page in web expressions
I created an ASPX page in web expressions, and populated the form that it creates.  When I go to set the form proberties they are non existant.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? garycol1: I created an ASPX page in web expressions, and populated the form that it creates.  When I go to set the form proberties they are non existant.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Could I see you code? Just post the HTML parts. Waiting for your feedback, Hong GangHong-Gang ChenMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark t...

browsing Page.Controls, and setting values to objects owning the "Text" property
Bonjour a tous, I want to browse mypage.Controls in order to change the values of each object owning the Text property i did this : foreach(Control mycontrol in mypage.Controls) { if (mycontrol.Controls!=null) foreach(Control subcontrol in mycontrol.Controls) { if ((subcontrol.GetType().GetProperty("Text")!=null) && (subcontrol.ID!=null)) { mypage.Response.Write(subcontrol.ID.ToString()); subcontrol.GetType().GetProperty("Text").SetValue(subcontrol,"something&qu...

How to change the text property of a label on a page from a user control in that page
I have a aspx page containing an asp:label and a usercontrol I need to have this arrangement, i cannot place the label with the usercontrol (i wish) The usercontrol contains (amongst otherthings) a button, on the click of this button i need to change the text property of the label, i have tried the following but it always returns null:if (retVal > 0) { //Error occurred while saving details Label PageErr = (Label)Page.FindControl("PageErrorMessage"); if (PageErr != null) { PageErr.Text = "There was a problem in submitting your details."; ...

Objects and properties of properties
Okay, this should be an easy object oriented C# question, but for some reason I have been unable to find the answer yet. I am creating an object of my own called JAddress. And basically I want to be able to do the following: JAddress.ZipCode.Text JAddress.ZipCode.MyId I am unsure on how to create the second level of properties! Doing only a first level is really easy.....public string ZipCode { get { return m_ZipCode; } set { m_ZipCode = value; } }Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, csdietrich You would have its own ZipCode type (class) which...

setting a controls properties within a master page from aspx page without code behind
I have a custom header control that has a public property TabID declared in the codebehind of the control itself. In asp1.1, I dragged the header control to a page and set the tabid like: <uc1:myheader runat="server" TabID="1" /> inside the aspx page it was placed. Now I would like to put the header control inside a master page, but I'm not sure how to set this property without setting it in codebehind for every page i create.  Is this possible? What is the best way to get this value to the header control as it is different for every page?...

web control collection property with each object in collection having a collection property
I have been trying to build a web control with a collection property and each object in the collection having its own collection property. It needs to be a nested collection with in the control. I am able to successfully create a collection property with in the control, use the collection editor to add “layers” and I am also able to create a collection property for each “layer” and add “symbols” to the “Symbols” collection. My problem lies in getting the control to write the html code for the control so that it can be parsed. Something that would look like this: <cc1:MapLayerList id="Map...

How to set property in WebControl so Property Designer list ObjectDataSource objects ?
Hello ! I create simple WebControl and it have to accept ObjectDataSource. How can I create method or property, so users of WebControl can use Property Designer to list all ObjectDataSources and choose one? In other words I need behavior similar to GridView DataSourceID. Hi, Based on my understanding, do you want to know the steps of binding a webControls with an ObjectDataSource? If I've misunderstood your words, please feel free to tell me. Actually you can create a Object Class first, which includes public properties,methods and etc. And then create a ObjectDataSource ...

Setting Text properties of Dynamic Labels
Hi,Pls i need to be able to set text properties of some Labels i created dynamically. This is the picture :I have a table in my database called DelivaryDetails. This table is used to store good recieved and has this columns :DelivaryID IntDelivaryNoteNumber NvarChar(10)TransporterID IntVehicleNumber NVarChar(10)DelivaryTime DateTimeProductID IntPrice MoneyCode NVarChar(5) I created some dropdownlist for products, labels for ProductCode & ProductPrice, textboxes for qty from my products table. ie when the page loads, on every row, i should have 1 ProductDropdownlist---1&nb...

setting control property from aspx page
hi all,i'm trying to set the value of a custom control property that's displayed to the screen, something like myCustomControl.Username = "joe bloggs". it's a composite control (literals and textboxes), with public properties and the whole thing is thrown together in the overrriden CreateChildControls method, stripped down version belowpublic class TestControl : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl {private string m_strUsername;private Literal litUser;public string Username { get { EnsureChildControls(); return m_strUsername;} set { EnsureChildControls(); m_strUsername = value;}}protected ov...

Problem setting text property of label
 Hi I am trying to set the text property of label with the value of an attribute from a class. I have added a couple of Msg box functions to the code to see if the values are being populated from the sp and they appear OK. Can somebody give me some guidance to why the labels are not populating with the value?  Code behind:     Protected Sub item_code_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles item_code.TextChanged        Dim LookupCode As New Itemlookup        If ...

Web resources about - Set Label.Text property from aspx page with an object property - asp.net.web-forms

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

Confusion reigns as short-term rentals through Airbnb carry high cost for property owners
Mary&nbsp;Banfield was opening up her Surry Hills terrace to short-term stays. Then the council fee arrived.

'Big swing': Property investor loans plunge in October
The steam is clearly coming out of the housing market, thanks to a sharp decline in the level of investor lending.

China stocks rise, led by property shares - DailyTelegraph Search Search
CHINA stocks have climbed, led by property and resources shares, amid signs that insurers are scrambling for stakes in real estate majors and ...

China stocks rise, led by property shares
CHINA stocks have climbed, led by property and resources shares, amid signs that insurers are scrambling for stakes in real estate majors and ...

Basics key to selling Perth property, says new report - PerthNow Search Search
HOMES with water views might net a million-dollar return, but practical features such as a double lockup garage and a short commute to work make ...

Chinese demand for Aussie property drops as much as 15%, McGrath says
Chinese demand for Australian homes has dropped as much as 15 per cent from a year earlier as China's stocks tumbled and the economy slowed, ...

Men face court after $30,000 worth of suspected stolen property seized in Griffith
Two men are set to face the ACT Magistrates Court on Saturday morning in relation to stolen property and burglary charges.

Vandals spray-paint Hawthorne mosques, leave fake grenade on property
Two mosques in Hawthorne were vandalized and police say both incidents are being investigated as hate crimes.