Session State variable missing after Redirect

When an error occurs, I set a session variable so that after redirecting to an error page, a detailed explanation can appear.  The variable (a string) is gone by the time I reach Page_Load in the target page.

I've checked and it is the same session ID. Any ideas?

0
davidhov

Are Sessions enabled?

Are you forwarding to a page outside of you application?

View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy

Only $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005
0
nberardi

cannot keep state variable into Web form
I cannot keep state from a variable in the same Web form - that var is into button_Click event and into Page_Load After hit button I cannot cache/get session/get viewstate from that var - what I'm doing wrong? I've tried:========================== if ((!IsPostBack) || (Cache.Get("var")) == null) { Cache.Add(...); } var = (string) Cache["var"]; ========================== string var="" if (Session["var"] != null) { var = Session["var"].ToString(); } Response.Write(var); ========================== Vi...

session variables in javascript on a web form
Hi All, I have master page on which I have written a javascript which open ups a new window when user clicks on menu item placed on the left side of master page. The javascript follows  function OpenWind()       {         <% if( HttpContext.Current.Session["Id"]==null) { %>                alert('Session Expired! Redirecting to login page!');           &nb...

Session State Variable not working in web server
Hi,Im using VB script, im using session variables in my pages.. it works fine in my "localhost" , when i uploaded the pages to the server the session variables is not working. it seems that the value is not stored in the session variable. Plz help me in this..... text1.aspx containsSession("user")="john"  test2.aspx containsif Session("user") = "john" thenvaliduser() elseinvaliduser()end if  web.config contains: enablesessionstate=true  <sessionState  mode="InProc" timeout="30"  cookieless=...

Passing Session State variables to html form
I'm trying to pass an "Amount" field from my dot net web form to another form which will send it to VeriSign's Payflow Link. It seems that their code works as long as I don't include the runat="server" on the form. Is there a way to pass Session State data from one form to a simple html form? Their code that works when I insert this in html view is: <form method="POST" action="https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm"> <input type="hidden" name="LOGIN" value="Your LOGIN here"> <input ...

Session variable between web forms and Data Access Layer
I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with c#. I am trying to declare a global session object that will be used in both c# Class files (DAl) and my web forms (Presentation Tier). Now my session object is Session["Bookid"].  The value stored in this session object is the value from a selected item in my dropdown control. That works fine. But I want this Session object to be used in a (DAL) but the value is null.  Here is exactly what i am trying to do. 1). Select item from dropdown control (from Web form)2). Assign the selected item to Session["Bookid"]3). Access that Session ...

Session State Is Lost in Mobile Web Form Applications During Development
Inner Exception: System.Exception: The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit. how to handle this situation in mobile web form I need you can try to delete those cookie.... Anyway where u access from???...

Losing session variables when using redirect to new web page
Hi All   I have an application which involves a sign up process where i store details filled in separate screens in session variables  movement between pages is by clicking on a button which redirects user to next page, all because i though button looked neater plus at least 1 screen uses a button in a datagrid for navigation Its being behaving erratically for a while, finally i was updating whole site an discovered that most of the time session variable are wiped out I guess this tells me one reason why the websites sign up rate is abysmal   I found another thread abo...

Session variables vs. Session States
What is the difference and in what situations are they used. Thanks, Mattypee A session state (the state of your session) holds your session variables. If your session state expires (due to inactivity) then you lose your session variables...and any other info stored for that session. If you need to store USER specific information within a web app, then session variables are one(of several) ways to do it. MajorCatsMajorCats Is there any code that you could show that would give an example? Thanks, Mattypee example of what? reading and writing session variables? ...

Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have included some javascript files in my vb.net application. I want to access the variables, objects and functions of Javascript to the VB.NET Web Forms, which means that I want to transfer the methods from Javascript to the code-behind in a web form. How do I do this? Can anybody help me with some sample codes...thanks in advance . you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side). you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind. or use ajax I think the only way to do this is...

Declaring a scope variable in a Web Service can hold values as Session State does?
I declared a scope variable in my web service and it seems that is holding the value between sessions. There is anyway to configure the life time of this variable?  I putted a dispose method but I had to "overload". Thank you very much for clarify this to me.As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe.  did you use Static on this variable? If you did that is why it's retaining it's value.The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.My Site | My Examples | My Blog Thank y...

Acessing variables,arrays, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have a textbox where user can put data.I store data into an array .I did this with java script.now i want to acess the array from the Codebehind  in vb.net web pages.here is the codefunction MakeArray( n ) { if( n <= 0 ) { this.length = 0; return this; } this.length = n; for( var i = 1; i <= n; i++ ) { this[ i ] = 0; } return this; } var Form1 = new MakeArray( 25 ); var index = 0; var cmmnd = 1; function f_store( sTR ) { var i; if( index >= Form1.length ) { for( i = 1; i < Form1.length; i++ ) Form1[i-1] = Form1; index = Form1.length - 1; } Form1[ index ] = cmmnd + ":" + sT...

- is sessionstate mode of web config only for session variables or is it also for application and view state values
-         is sessionstate mode of web config only for session variables or is it also for application and view state valuesThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. Session State mode in web.config applies only to to Session. ViewState is in the page and Application is part of the AppDomain. So, no it is not for application and viewstate.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Is "Session" the best solution for transfering variables between "Web Forms"??
Hi all; I am using an ASP.NET Web Application (with VB.NET)... and this App used to manage customers' requests.. so, ther user will handel customer#1 data for a while, then he (the user) will handle the data of customer#2. and so on.. And I need to transfer some variables value from one page (Web Form) to onother pages (Web Forms), Is the "Session" variable the BEST solution? and do you recommend me to increase its live to 60 mins or more. (In case the user need approx. 1 hour to handle customer#1 data!!)?? Example of values I want to transfer: CustomerID, RequestNo, Co...

Web resources about - Session State variable missing after Redirect - asp.net.web-forms

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...