Hi

 My requirement is

I hav one csv file with these fields id,mobilenum,messgae,status.intiallu staus is 0.

once i read the all fileds and take that mobile number.using tat mobile number  i need to send sms .after sending sms i shuld change status as 1

How to send sms thru coding (please dont provide any links.if it is provide also please give working links becox i checked codeproject .i didnt get any nice link.

and also provide the how to update the status field im csv file

Thank

ssandhya

0
sandhyabhavani

To send SMS, you need some third party SMS providers. if you consult them, they will give either an URL or thery will expose some webmethod to send SMS. then in your code, But they will charge for that.

 when you call that method

 or

 response.redirect("that given URL"), then an sms will go.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.
0
ramireddyindia
7/4/2008 12:03:36 PM

Hello Sandhya,

Please check out the links:

http://www.gotocode.com/art.asp?art_id=66

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SendingSMS.aspx

Regards,
Ahmed

Please don't forget to mark the post as Answer, which helps you.

Thank you.
www.ahmadtasnim.com
0
tasnim5

 We have done a similiar implementation in one of the projects.
 You wont be able to find any built in class for the same in .net ( you may like to have a look at the micorosft exchange server). Rather you will have to use third party api that provides the sms service .
 We have been calling a web service that calls the sms providers api and sends the sms. This has some monetary charges per sms. However you can find on the net sites that provide the api to send sms uisng a demo account. This will generally be limited to a small number of sms sent after which you will have to pay for the sms. These api providers also provide the documentation for using the api.

P.S. - Mark the post as answer if it helps you.

Cheers
Sohail Sayed
0
ssayed
7/4/2008 12:09:42 PM

I reccomend listening to Jonathan Goodyear on DotNetRocks as he talks about all that goes into the process.

http://www.dotnetrocks.com/default.aspx?showNum=327

Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
0
docluv
7/4/2008 12:11:20 PM

SMS services in ASP.NET Mobile Web Application : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555578

Regards,
Punithkumar
0
Punithkumar

use of vb.net and c#.net

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Re: Gadget using vb.net and c#.net
 Hi, I am new to Gadget Concept. i want to create new Gadget. it must show the name 'Gadget Application'. pls, guide me how to create Gadget using .net application with some sample. thanks for your help in advance. Regards,Suriyanarayana.N  Unfortunately creating a Gadget using the .NET framework is not so simple. I have found a few post that might help you understand the process:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/gadgettips.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/GadgetInterop.aspx Gabriel Bogéa (http://www.gbogea.com)-----------------Please 'Mark...

vb .net or c# .net

C#.NET or VB.NET

VB.Net To C#.Net

How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net
 Hi Pls thrown light  any one on How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

How to update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net
 Hi I  need  help for update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna Hi,you can take a look at this Microsoft support site: http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-us&st=a&na=84&qu=adam+update+group&qp=&qa=&qn=&c=4&s=0Also, when I think about ADAM/Active directory and doing something against this technology I think of LDAP queries, so this becomes: http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&q=ldap+query+C%23&meta=Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins fo...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

Web resources about - Sending SMS using vb.net or C#.net using vb.net or c#.net - asp.net.web-forms

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

[...] Facebook Prevents Users From Sending Suspicious Friend Requests To Strangers, Inside Facebook [...] ...
Facebook has begun implementing new security measures to prevent friend request spamming. Some users are being shown a “This Request Can’t Be ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE ...
Get Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE emoticons and emojis - on the App Store. ...

Thanks for sending an iPhone4 and Sim T-Mobile but ... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... that's probably not going to work. (also, I'm sticking with the iPod touch).

Texas Man Makes $10K A Month Sending Potatoes With Personalized Messages In The Mail! - YouTube
Alex Craig, 24, said he came up with the idea for Potato Parcel earlier this year while having dinner with his girlfriend. His girlfriend called ...

'It was scary': widow speaks out as Muslim cleric pleads guilty to sending offensive letters to families ...
The young widow of fallen Australian soldier Brett Till still recalls the fear that came after she opened a letter sent to their home that labelled ...