Sending mail through System.Web.Mail

Hi guys, long time no talk :)

Ok, here's a question. I'm making a newsletter that will be sent to people on a mailing list.
The System.Web.Mail object is helpful for this but I need to know one thing. I want to send the newsletter in a way that, when the recipient receives it, the "From" reads "Bensaude Turísmo" and not "geral@bensaude.pt".
In other words, I want to be able to imitate the "Name <Email>" way of sending email, but I haven't found out how to do that with System.Web.Mail. Up until now, I keep getting a parse error everytime I do this. Anyone have a solution for this? I'm certain I'm not the only one who ran across this.
Thanks in advance
Eduard Anthony Fagundes Maduro

Lead Programmer/Project Manager

Via Oceânica, Lda.

Azores Islands, Portugal
0
luso2kx

I thought it just took a string and didn't necessarily need an actual email address.  I think System.Webmail just forges the headers anyway for the From field...
0
LHarper
8/4/2004 5:59:13 PM
That's known as a 'friendly' name

check out this tip at ASPNet101.com:
http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tips.aspx?id=119
It explains how to do this
David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind

Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail
Hi all,  I'm new user to visual web developer express software. Laterly i found this application isolate quite some of the component namespace, like system.web.mail to net.mail. I not well understand how system.net.mail functional?? Does it act same as system.web.mail?? My coding below: change system.web.mail to system.net.mail which causing a lot error... *****Can anybody correct me or advise me how to make this code work in system.net.mail?????? <%@import Namespace="System.net.Mail" %> <script runat="server">    Public FromAddress As String = "" .......

System.web.mail to System.net.mail
I converted a asp.net web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005. i now get error message when i build it  stating system.web.mail  is obsolute,  use system.net.mail i redefine to system.net.mail but now i get other error message such as smtpMail does not exist in the current context. cannot implicitly convert type string to System.Net.Mail.MailAddress   so System.Web.Mail want work in ASP.net web app convert to VS 2005 running on framework 2.0?           because if i change to System.Net.Mail  i am ...

System.Web.Mail vs System.Net.Mail
Hi AllI was using System.Web.Mail in an application on our test server.  That worked fine.  I never had to specify a server or change any settings.  It just works.  Whatever settings the server has set up are used.  This is great.I saw that System.Web.Mail has been deprecated, so I'm trying to use System.Net.Mail.  I'm having a problem.  Net.Mail doesn't use whatever settings Web.Mail used.  I can't send e-mail with Net.Mail.  I see several people use the web.config file to set the server up, but I can't get that to work. I jus...

Changing System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
I am trying to learn ASPI have been using the Visual Web Developer 2005I have the following line that I can not work out how to convert.<%Dim FromForm As String = "Mail@Myname.co.uk"Dim ToMe As String = "Me@myname.co.uk"Dim FormSubject As String = "Contact Infomation"Dim EmailText As String = "Blar Blar Blar"System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(FromForm,ToMe,FormSubject,EmailText)%>It tells me that I cannot use System.Web.Mail any more and should use System.Net.Mail. I have been unable to work out what the new code should be to get it to work.The Language is VBCan anyone tell me how to change...

switching from system.web.mail to system.net.mail
I have been converting my code from system.web.mail to system.net.mail.  I have been able to convert the to, from, cc, and message body to the new format easily but...my question is how do i convert this into system.net.mail format?SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "server";                SmtpMail.Send(mail);Would this be the solution?SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("server");                client.Send(mail); Here's a full example of how to per...

difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail
What is difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail  namespace?What is use of both ? System.Web.Mail was in .NET Framework v1.1System.Net.Mail is in .NET Framework v2.0 and greaterSame use, although there is more functionality in System.Net.Mail since it is a later version of the framework. Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!  What All-Star said. I assume the reason it was moved to a different namespace is because the internet is actually a suite of technologies: e-mail, ftp, http (web), etc. E-mail and...

Migrating from System.web.mail to System.net.mail
Hi Every1,I've recently used the System.web.mail to send mail, using the IIS's smtp server.Doing this, i didn't really need to do anything in the web.config file or give any special parameters to the client. It just assumed i was working with my very own smtp service that came with the IIS and everything worked fine.Now i migrated to System.net.mail and now i need to insert my smtp service's host location under <system.net> in the web.config file.However, i don't know what to write there so the client will use my smtp sevice (host="localhost" doesn't work)can any1 help me on this one?t...

Working with System.Web.Mail but not with System.Net.Mail
Hi, i am having trouble sending e-mails using System.Net.Mail namespace while there is no problem with System.Web.Mail. I am  using remote smtp server with no authentication.  My code as shown below:1 try2 {3 MailMessage message = new MailMessage();4 message.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html;5 message.To = "admin@mydomain.com";6 message.From = "test@mydomain.com";7 message.Subject = "Test Smtp";8 message.Body = "TestMail 123";9 10 SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mysmt...

Converting from System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
Hi there, I'm from Argentina. I've converted System.Web.Mail (code is underlined) to System.Net.Mail (code is Bold) . I'd like to know if it's correct. Thanks !!public uint enviar()        {            try            {                // Abrir el archivo que contiene el template del HTML.                // Envia el mail con el HTML.&nbs...

What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?
What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?Is it needed to configure the smtp server? Plz tell me the steps to develop the email sending facility in our applicationSwati Jain Take a look at www.systemnetmail.com.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Problem with difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail in using attachments
I have a web .Net app which sends emails with attachments.  After the email is sent I clean up aftermyself and delete the attachments from disk.   In upgrading to .Net 2  I changed the email logic from using system.web.mail to system.net.mail  (of course vs is telling me system.web.mail is obsolete).In .Net 1.1,  the files deleted with no problem but in .Net 2 when I attempt to delete  I receive The process cannot access the file ...' because it is being used by another process. If I change the code back to using system.web.mail I can delete the file...

Sending mail using System.Web.Mail
Hi, This is the first time I've sent mail using this method and I'm having a mental block, the code below works fine but for my email body I want to include the text from more than 1 form field. How do I get the page to do this? <script language=C# runat=server> void btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) { string sTo, sFrom, sSubject, sBody; string sBodyEncoding, sBodyFormat, sMailServer; int iLoop1; sTo = "toaddress"; sFrom = "fromaddress"; sSubject = "subject"; ...

Problem sending mail with System.Web.Mail
Hello helpful Om trying to get the System.Web.Mail working.. I have two servers, one execute my code very nice and sends all the mail a want... but the other one is not that nice... its gives me the following error msg in the stack trace.. "[COMException (0x80029c4a): Error loading type library/DLL.]" I have tried set the aspnet account to full rights to the the /winnt/ path.. I'v used the same installation for both servers... any suggestion how to fix this? /magnus Can you verify the SMTP Service is installed on both servers? Thanks, Dave Dav...

Sending Mail Using SYSTEM.WEB.MAIL...
Hello: I have been experiencing a very strange problem that was not there before in the past. When I use the system.web.mail class to send e-mail... most of the messages trying to be sent result in an error while some go through very strange... In my code I specify a valid remote mail server, a valid to and from e-mail addresses on the same domain... Some of the e-mails go through some do not... here is the error below from the e-mails that do not go through... Send failure: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetIn...

Web resources about - Sending mail through System.Web.Mail - asp.net.web-forms

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

Facebook Sending Perez Hilton More Traffic than Google, Driving 3.3% of All US Traffic to Video Sites ...
For media companies evaluating their Facebook marketing strategy , here’s an interesting sign of the times: web analytics firm Hitwise is reporting ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the ...
Get Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Cynthia McKinney - responds to Obama on sending troops into Afghanistan - Debate Answer - YouTube
Cynthia McKinney, Green Party Presidential candidate, responds to Barack Obama on his support for sending troops into Afghanistan. Based on his ...

Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy
Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy