Sending Emails using the html pages

    I know that we can use the MailMessage class in aspx
pages but what if the page is html. How can we send an email from the
html page?

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

Most web hosts will have a CGI mail script that you can use.

What you do is post your form to a location such as http://yourhost.com/cgi-bin/mail

Your form will have hidden fields such as:

   <input type="hidden" name="from" value="azamsharp@hotmail.com" />
   <input type="hidden" name="successpage" value="thankyou.html" />

Check the website of your host; this information is likely to be on their help pages.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
8/21/2005 2:33:07 AM
Thanks a million.

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

How to get HTML Source of web page opened by web browser using vb.net
hello friends,         i have opened an web browser in vb.net using the below code Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim nullObject As System.Object = 0 Dim str As String = "" Dim nullObjStr As System.Object = str Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor Dim i As Int16 For i = 1 To 2 AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=test&meta=", True) AxWebBrowser1.Document. Next Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default End Sub  ...

Sending Email using HTML file as Emailbody using Net.Mail.MailMessage... Please help
Hi all I can send emails with text or html emailbody using asp.net, but cannot find any method or example so far on the web to show how to use an html file as an emailbody. I have tried everything. I know how to do it with the old asp. I have created a html document for example newsletter.html. I want this document to be in the email body when the client opens the email. It must not load from another url. I suppose what i want to do is embed it into the email.Any help or examples will be appreciated as this is quite urgent for me to implement it for my client.  This is the code im ...

Sending email using web forms
My code worked last week it was actually in producting, then I changed the to email address which then crashed the page, so I changed the email back to what it was before and it still doesn't work. Here is my error, I don't understand what is wrong can someone please help The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated...

Send Email from form using system.net.mail
Please see code behind below. This my message is being received by only with hard coded text of subject with no body.  How do I correct my syntax so that the information is passed from form fields to email message?  The form data is being inserted into the db and redirected to .aspx page.  Just need to get data from for fields to message.  -------------------------------------------- Imports System.Net.MailPartial Class apps_contactpage Inherits System.Web.UI.PageSub Send2Mail(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As FormViewInsertedEventArgs) 'create the mail...

What do I use to save a manual, in the form of separate HTML pages, from the Web?
I'm looking for a Windows product that will let me download manuals - example as [1], 50 pages, each a separate HTML file - from the web so that I can make them available for me, and my colleagues, offline. I and others have XP, one colleague has 2000, one other 98 - not even SE. The List of Lists is apparently silent on the topic, and the products mentioned below, none of which quite does *all* I need, have been gleaned from Google. I know I can capture it offline for myself in IE (multi-page - some selection options), or with a product called OfflineDownLoader (mul...

How to use ASPX variables in a HTML form to send to another page
I have a ASPX web control dropdownbox that once selected returns a value. I have a html form on the same page that would like to capture the value of this dropdownbox and pass it as hiddden field variables to an action page. Is this possible ? Here is my code: <form name="report" action="invoice.aspx" method="post"> <input type="hidden" value='" &amp; f_month.SelectedItem.Value &amp; "' name="f_month1" /> <input type="hidden" value='" &amp; f_year...

complex error sending HTML email using system.web.mail
I am getting following error while trying to send HTML email trough my vb.net code(I am using system.web.mail). I have mailenable enterprise edition installed on my server. I have vb.net window application which can successfully send HTML emails for most of the emails. But for some emails only i am getting following exception.Exception : Unknown ErrorStack Trace : at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.LateBoundAccessHelper.SetProp(Object obj, String propName, Object propValue)   at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)   at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(Ma...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Using ALTAS to Send Email (Email Form)
Hello all. I have yet to find anywhere an example on how one might use the underlying ATLAS API (not the fancy controls that come with it) to send a simple email from a simple webform. Can anyone point one out for me? Or maybe someone has an example tucked away somewhere that they might want to let out ino the public? Thanks,Andrew There is nothing special about sending e-mail with "Atlas". On the client you can use a link with the "mailto:" pseudo protocol, to fire up the default e-mail client. See mailto protocol for more information.On the server you can use the features in the Syste...

Odd Bug? Using a plain HTML "<form action=" in my .Net Page
The "<form action=" i have below does NOT have runatserver="true" and is therefore plain HTML correct? The page below will not fire its Sub Button1_Click function in IE6. Try it out. Now remove the "<form action=" line of code and it WILL fire its Sub Button1_Click function in IE6. Anyone know what the deal is?  Thanks! WebPage:  <%@ Page Language="VB" AspCompat="true"  %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&quo...

how to use form tag in the content page while master page form tag is in use?
Hi there, i have created a bug report form in the content page which uses the master page template. In the master page i am using the menu which should be in the form tag. when i use the form tag in the content it gives me the error as cant use more than one form tag. how can i resolve it. i hav searched in this forum for tht.. i got links which says to disable the content page form tag as form.visible= false. In my situation i cant disable any of the form tag either inthe master page( menu with in the form tag) or content page ( bug report form with server controls with...

Sending HTML Email Using EMAIL::MIME::CreateHTML
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7D5F2.CEEC49EF Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using the Email::MIME:CreateHTML module to send html formatted emails. It all works fine until I try to change the "To" line to a scalar so that I can mass mail to different individuals. Has anyone used this module in a manner like this before? Thanks, my $email =3D travis_hervey@georgetowncollege.edu; while(<DAT>) { $line =3D TRIM($_); $html =3D $html . $_; if($line eq "</b...

Sending Email from web page-send.objmm error
when icomile the code th folowing error come .I have downloaded the code from http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/080801-1.shtml .and run it but it give me followin error . ****************************************************** The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The "SendUsing" configuration value is in...

Web resources about - Sending Emails using the html pages - asp.net.web-forms

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

[...] Facebook Prevents Users From Sending Suspicious Friend Requests To Strangers, Inside Facebook [...] ...
Facebook has begun implementing new security measures to prevent friend request spamming. Some users are being shown a “This Request Can’t Be ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE ...
Get Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE emoticons and emojis - on the App Store. ...

Thanks for sending an iPhone4 and Sim T-Mobile but ... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... that's probably not going to work. (also, I'm sticking with the iPod touch).

Texas Man Makes $10K A Month Sending Potatoes With Personalized Messages In The Mail! - YouTube
Alex Craig, 24, said he came up with the idea for Potato Parcel earlier this year while having dinner with his girlfriend. His girlfriend called ...

'It was scary': widow speaks out as Muslim cleric pleads guilty to sending offensive letters to families ...
The young widow of fallen Australian soldier Brett Till still recalls the fear that came after she opened a letter sent to their home that labelled ...