Sending an Email message from a web form

I used pretty typical code copied from an example:

Dim MailMsg As New MailMessage
MailMsg.To = "xxx@verizon.net"
MailMsg.Subject = TextBoxSubject.Text
MailMsg.Body = TextBoxMessageText.Text
MailMsg.From = TextBoxAddr.Text
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "outgoing.verizon.net"
SmtpMail.Send(MailMsg)

I am on a home PC, with DSL provider Verizon.  Outlook is working for me to send/receive mail.

When i tried SmtpMail.SmtpServer= "localhost", i got the following exception:
The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@verizon.net
[where xxx was my valid, correct Email address].

When i tried SmtpMail.SmtpServer= "outgoing.verizon.net", i got the following exception:
The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required
[Note, "outgoing.verizon.net" is what "outgoing mail server (SMTP)" is configured to in Outlook under Tools...Email Accounts].

Can anybody show me how to write this web form to send the message?  For instance is there some other authentication information i need to send, and if so, what is the code that would allow me to do it?  Or, is there some other system configuration i need to do on this PC for instance?

Thank you.  Tom

0
TomCon

Is there any reason you are specifying an SmtpServer?

From the SDK:

Property Value

The name of the e-mail relay server. If SmtpServer is not set, the name of the local SMTP server is used.

Remarks

If your local SMTP server (included with Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003) is behind a firewall that blocks any direct SMTP traffic (through port 25), you will need to find out if there is a smart host available on your network that is allowed to relay SMTP messages to the Internet.

A smart host is an SMTP server with the permissions to relay outgoing e-mail messages directly to the Internet from internal SMTP servers. A smart host should be able to simultaneously connect to both the internal network and the Internet in order to work as the e-mail gateway.

For information about configuring your local SMTP server, see the articles "Manage Your Company's E-mail with the Windows 2000 SMTP Service" and "Using SMTP for Outgoing Messages" in the MSDN library at http://msdn.microsoft.com.

0
divensail

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

send web email from web form error help
Hi, When send email with attachment from web form. I got an error message as below. What it is? Can someone help? Server Error in '/dotNet' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The transport lost its connection to the server. Hi There, Please check the following link The transport failed to connect to the server Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - Sending an Email message from a web form - asp.net.web-forms

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

Facebook Sending Perez Hilton More Traffic than Google, Driving 3.3% of All US Traffic to Video Sites ...
For media companies evaluating their Facebook marketing strategy , here’s an interesting sign of the times: web analytics firm Hitwise is reporting ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the ...
Get Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Cynthia McKinney - responds to Obama on sending troops into Afghanistan - Debate Answer - YouTube
Cynthia McKinney, Green Party Presidential candidate, responds to Barack Obama on his support for sending troops into Afghanistan. Based on his ...

Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy
Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy