scan a webpage for numbers

Can anyone help me with a project. I would like to scan a webpage for numbers and then display the numbers. any suggestions on how i could get started?

0
intro66vert

do you mean a remote website...

you can use httpwebrequest and response,

 see the article for more info.

http://www.worldofasp.net/tut/WebRequest/Working_with_HttpWebRequest_and_HttpWebResponse_in_ASPNET_114.aspx

The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes
0
sreejukg
4/8/2008 7:14:45 PM

Please elaborate your problem?

Thanks,
Karan

~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~
0
karan
4/8/2008 7:17:05 PM

Well it is not really a problem it is a question. I am using add in express to modify IE7, and add a IE toolbar to my web browser. In the tool bar, I have added a list box with numbers. When you click on a number, it is displayed in a textbox that is displayed in a new windows form. I now need to take the project a step further, and basically, scan a random webpage using IE7, and display the numbers in my listbox. here is my code so far.

Public Sub New()
        MyBase.New()

        'This call is required by the Component Designer
        InitializeComponent()

    End Sub

    Public Sub New(ByVal mode As Integer)
        MyBase.New(mode)

        'This call is required by the Component Designer
        InitializeComponent()

    End Sub

    Public ReadOnly Property IEApp() As IE.WebBrowser
        Get
            Return CType(Me.IEObj, IE.WebBrowser)
        End Get
    End Property

    Private Sub button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles button1.Click
        IEApp().Navigate("http://www.add-in-express.com/")
    End Sub

    Private Sub LBPhone_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles LBPhone.Click
        Dim f As MyForm = New MyForm()
        strPhoneNum = LBPhone.Text
        f.TxtResults.Text = strPhoneNum
        f.ShowDialog()
        f.Dispose()
    End Sub

    Private Sub ListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ListBox1.SelectedIndexChanged

    End Sub
End Class
I am asking how do I scan the page for the phone numbers and put that stream into a listbox?

0
intro66vert

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Scanning in a web form
Hello,I want to do the following in a web form:1. Scan a document2. Save the document in a SQL Server database.I want to use TWAIN to sacn the document - the scanning process needs to be initiated by the user by clicking on a button on the web form. If anyone has already done this before, I'd be gratefu l if you could share with me your suggestions/thoughts/source code.The only resource that I have found on this is the following: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Web_Twain.asp?df=100&forumid=185350&exp=0&select=1122713#xx1122713xxAny help will be greatly appreciatedThanks :)http:...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

Web resources about - scan a webpage for numbers - asp.net.web-forms

Interstitial webpage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On the World Wide Web , interstitials are web pages displayed before or after an expected content page, often to display advertisements or confirm ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

Linky — Post webpage links to Twitter and App.net on the App Store on iTunes
Get Linky — Post webpage links to Twitter and App.net on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Government anti-boozing site links children to online dating, peptides webpages
CHILDREN have been redirected to adult relationship advice, instructions on taking peptides and other inappropriate content through a new government ...

Google’s cache page now offers new ways to view old webpages
As reported by users on Twitter, Google has updated its cached link toolbar with new ways to view website snapshots. Cached webpages can now ...

Apple promotes enterprise features on new ‘iOS 7 and business’ webpage
Apple last night added a new webpage focusing on the enterprise features offered in iOS 7, covering everything from configuration to data security. ...

The Good Old Days Of Hideous Webpages
... a place for themselves in the newly discovered online world. Millions of netizens with little to no experience or understanding of how a webpage ...

Chrome v42 Automatically Includes A Screenshot When You Share A Webpage
Google rolled Chrome v42 out to the beta channel a few days ago with website notifications, but there's another interesting feature hiding in ...

Apple highlights common reasons for app rejections in new developer webpage
In an effort to provide further guidance to app developers, Apple has published a new webpage highlighting some of the most common issues that ...

China Mobile Beijing webpage hints at imminent iPhone preorders
Apple Insider China Mobile Beijing webpage hints at imminent iPhone preorders Apple Insider A page advertising reservations for China Mobile ...