running windows apps in web apps

Hi all,

just to check it out if there is a way to run a windows app when a button in a web app is clicked.?
0
Ichiro86

you're referring to what's known as smart clients. You can place a windows forms executable in the virtual folder of your webserver (IIS of course Wink [;)]), then create a hyperlink in your webform to the executable. If the enduser has the correct .NET framerwok installed he/she can execute the application on his/her pc.

Another trick, one I recently used BTW, is to embed a winforms user control, build as .dll file, in a webform. An example can be found here: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
3/26/2005 1:59:24 PM
How can I make the sample work? When I lunched my browser, the control is just blanked

Thanks!

0
auxcom

Web app and Windows Forms app
I've done a lot of .NET web development, but I'm trying to write a Forms App.  I'm trying to populate a GridView Control with a simple "SELECT *" query, but I'm not having any luck.  I keep getting this error:"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections." I enabled remote connections on my SQL Server, then as a test I built a local web app that conne...

conver a windows forms app into a aspx web forms app
Hi, i remember reading somewere that a windows forms application can be "translated" to web forms application in .Net. ¿Is that true?. ¿How can I do it?¿does it work in visual studio 2003? Thanks a lot! Mikel There is no automatic wizard that will convert an ASP.NET app to WinForms, or a WinForms app to ASP.NET.  However, a number of the concepts are similar between the two models and you will be able to re-use all of your non-UI specific code.  The broader .NET Framework class library is also the same.Hope this helps you  If y...

Determining if an app is a web app or a windows app
Hi all,  I'm writing a generic utilites class and one of the methods needs to get the physical path of the application. I know Server.MapPath("~") gets the server path of the app for windows and also that Application.ExecutablePath gets the path for windows app. Now how would i determine which app is a windows app or a web app?   Thanks in advance. add a reference to system.web and then do the following  if (System.Web.HttpContext.Current == null)            {       &...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Calling local client apps via web form/web app.
Hello all,I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this, so excuse me ifI posted in wrong area. I'm a bit of a newbie to this but I was wondering if I can call a local app. via a web application.  A friend suggested looking into ActiveX controls, but I am not familiar with them.  Also what other alternatives are there beside using ActiveX? I read about using Flex and Applets but again I don't know which would be my best option and what kind of security issues I may be dealing with?  If anyone can inform me or suggest a reference or book I would appr...

Web Apps vs. Web Sites (was: Universal Navigation for Web Apps)
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Justin D'Arcangelo <justindarc@gmail.com>wrote: > there needs to be a differentiation between > web sites and web *apps*. > While we might be able to describe characteristics that conceptually separate a "web site" from a "web app", I think in reality they will exist on a continuum. Chris Jones is right that we need more data from actual app developers on this, but I can provide some anecdotal evidence by telling the story of a web app I worked on which got listed in a web app store. I worked on a web-b...

Web app to Windows app.
I’m new at this so please bear with me. In theory, is it possible to create a .net web application that can talk to a .net windows application? What I would like to accomplish is to use a .net web app to talk to Microsoft’s Windows Media Batch Encoder. Any comments are appreciated. Tome...

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

How to use a web user control from one web app in another web app?
I have a production web app project (at work) that has custom web user controls in it.I have another web app project for experimenting and I want to use some web controls from the production web app. The big trick is that I need to load the controls dynamically.LoadControl() doesn't seem to work - it complains about loading controls from a different application. I also tried adding a project reference to the production web app and using "UC1 newUC = new UC1();" and then "this.Controls.Add(newUC);", but the controls (like TextBoxes) on the web user control don't seem to exist on the new UC1s....

LDAP/Active Directory
I have a problem. I have some code that I need to use to implement security policies by looking up names with certain Active Directory Groups using LDAP. The code runs fine in the Windows app but when I run it from a web app on the same computer, I get this error "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted". The web app configured to not allow anonymous access and to use windows authentication. Anyone know why??? Here's the code. For the web app, I just replace the line ListBoxNames.Items.Add with Response.write Dim strLDAP As String ...

Regular web app or Mobile web app.
Im targeting PocketPCs only (w/PocketIE). I changed the web.config to cookieless="true" and placed buttons with events. Im getting the postbacks and everything looks good so far... Can we just use this intead of the mobile web app project? Whats the difference? Duke You can use either a regular Web app or a mobile app, presuming you are targeting ONLY Pocket IE. Pocket IE accepts HTML.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Web app calling a windows app
How do I get my web app to open a windows program on the server side using a button click evenT? First off you'd have to give the ASPNET user execute priviledges on the server which I don't think that you want to do.NC... Hi,If the windows Program is of exe format then try with the following codeTry to include the exe in to your web folder or the ASP.NET process needs to have permissions to access the external applicationstring filePath = Server.MapPath(@"ApplicationName.exe"); System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo info = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo(filePath , "Arguments of th...

Web app called by windows app...
Hey everyone,Well I have not worked with .Net at all regarding windows apps etc. What I have is a website with a secure login. My customer wants all his employees to access the secure site without knowing the user name and password, as there is a high turn over rate. Is there a good way to accomplish this?My thoughts were possibly to create a windows app they could download and execute which would basically pass encrypted parameters to our secure login page, therefore logging them in and no one being the wiser.Is this poosible?Is there a better way?Hope I explained it well!Thank youJorellz...

Web resources about - running windows apps in web apps - asp.net.web-forms

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Broken Hill: why is Australia's heritage city running out of water?
Who let the plug out? Who stole Broken Hill's water? Who drained the lakes? Was it mismanagement, theft or bad policy or simply evaporation? ...

NRL: Canberra Raiders head to Stromlo for intense running session to counter rule change
The Canberra Raiders are adapting to the NRL's reduction in interchanges and ensuring their front-rowers are fitter to play extra minutes next ...

Tensions running high in Yarraville as man charged over council chambers brawl
Police have charged a 61-year-old Yarraville man over the violent attack on two councillors at a Maribyrnong Council meeting on Tuesday night. ...

The Art (And Science) Of Patent Prosecution: MoFo’s Two-Summer Patent Program Isn’t About Recruiting ...
Students in the Two-Summer Patent Program begin prosecuting patents on their very first day on the job. Learn more about it here.

Latest Google Fit update brings real-time running stats, strength training info and more
Google has just announced a new update to the Google Fit app for Android that brings a few handy new tracking features to the fitness application. ...

Forget about running Android apps on Windows 10 Mobile
One of the features that could have helped Windows 10 Mobile become a more appealing and competitive platform will not be available in the new ...

Mitt Romney: Still not running - Business Insider Deutschland
Mitt Romney says he still isn't running for president in 2016.

Wally West Joins The Flash in "Running to Stand Still" Synopsis
The CW has released the official synopsis for "Running to Stand Still," the Season Two midseason finale for The Flash , which features the return ...