Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control

Hi

 I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID.

How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?

 Kind regards

0
IgorM

Check this ;ink

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/user-controls/myusercontrol.aspx

0
banoosuresh
6/16/2008 11:00:59 AM

I read the article but couldn't find an answer. I forgot to mention that the value retreived from a databse in the web form scope (code behind) is never assigned to any control. I can for that pupose declare a public variable that would then have the value assigned but s it possible to read it from (or forward it to) a web user control? Moreover, how can I than force a databind of a gridview in the web user control because  there is no full post back performed when binding the data on the page (web form)?

0
IgorM

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form
I have created a Web User control that is made up of a Multiview with 2 views inside the Multiview. I have buttons on both views and a gridview on 1 view. My question is when I drop this Web User Control on a Web Form all I see is [MultiView"MultiView1"] and when I view the from in the browser I dont see the Web User Control. I was wondering if someone could please tell me why the Web User Control is not displaying or rendering.     Thanks In Advance Hi, Please check your aspx file for correct reference, like following example: TestControl.ascx:<%@ Control ...

Clearing Web Controls Values from a Web Form
I have a web form and after a user submit it I want to clear the form so that they may submit another entry. I have seen examples in VB of how to loop thru a web form and clear the controls, but I need a C# solution. I have tried the following code, while it does not give me an error, it does not clear the controls on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks! foreach (Control parent in Page.Controls)         {             foreach (Control child in parent.Controls)           ...

custom web user control and web form

web web web

Web forms and mobile web forms

Pass data from Web User Control to Web Form
I have a Web Form that contains a Web User Control. The WUC displays dynamic content. I want to change the TITLE property of the Web Form, based on the contents of the WUC. For example, if the WUC displays information about Horses, I want to change the page title to "HORSES" by passing the string to the parent Web Form. I have tried playing with parameters and such, but I can't remember how I did this in the past. PLEASE HELP!~o0 Spin-Monkey Oo~ The best way to do this is by creating a public property on your web user control and accessing that from your web form. Check ...

Access SqlDataSource on Web Form from a Web User Control...
Hello, I want to access a SqlDataSource on a Web Form fromout. a Web User Control. To do this, I have in my code behind of the Web User Control the folowing code: DropDownList1.DataSource = (this.Page.FindControl("SqlDataSource3") as SqlDataSource);DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Name;DropDownList1.DataValueField = "NameIDropDownList1.DataBind(); But, the control (ic. SqlDataSource3) is not found. Even other controls like labels and buttons are not found with the FindControl. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Andromedaris     This is not much of a surprise,...

Access a Web User Control Method from a Web Form
I'm trying to pass the Selected Index value from a web user control in a web form to the user controls selectedIndexchanged Sub.  I can't seem to figure out how to pass the information that I need to the user control and have it execute the sub routine. In the SelectedInedxChanged Sub I have a switch Statement and I want to get the index value from the web form where the user control is located and compare it to each case and then to have it execute the code for the case that it matches. What do I need to do? Hi, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I su...

Interaction between Web User Control & Web form
Ok, I want to create my first Web User Control which is used for file uploading. It's very simple, consist only of the <asp:FileUpload> and <asp:Button> control. The button has one server side event which is resizing the uploaded image to two different images (stored as byte[] in the cs file). So, my question is how I can send these two arrays of type byte to the Web form where the web user control is inside. I thought it should be possible to write something like this in the Web form:<uc1:FileUploader ID="uploader" runat="server" OnUploaded="recieveImages" />So that means ...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Web resources about - Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control - asp.net.web-forms

Geotagging – one day later
The First Day When we were doing our projections for how many photos Flickr members would geotag, we though that we’d hit a million in the first ...

User Terence Eden - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Sumisha Naidu @ sumishanaidu ...

Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Sociology/Archive 5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Culture has been nominated for a good article reassessment . Articles are typically reviewed for one week. Please leave your comments and help ...

Patient zero: ‘healer’ claimed to have powers to cure Ebola before she died of the disease
A herbalist working in a remote village in Sierra Leone who claimed she had special powers to cure Ebola may have helped the disease spread across ...

IOS 7 - what do/don't you like - iPhone - Whirlpool Forums
... I like pretty much all of it, except the fact that you can no longer restrict how many email messages it downloads. It has been retreiving ...

How To Develop with Programmable Web API - APIhub
A Note from the Editor in Chief of ProgrammableWeb.com: In April 2014, ProgrammableWeb was both replatformed and redesigned. As a part of the ...

Arthrex - Mobile Applications
Apps Arthrex.com Vet Systems Mobile Applications OrthoIllustrated.com TPT Online Shopping Germany / English Country: Afghanistan Åland Islands ...

Conference App Secrets Part 3: JSON vs XML
Guest post by Ekkehard Gentz, BlackBerry Elite Developer This is Part 3 of my series, "Conference App Secrets." In Part 1, I demonstrated How ...

Simple Amazon Glacier Uploader
Amazon Glacier is a long-term persistent file-storage system for cold data storage. The aims to be an upload and download solution that is as ...