Report :: Dynamically change TextBox value in Report at Run-Time

I have a base sales report, report1.rdlc.  This base sales report is used for several sales reports such as Sales by Rep, Sales by Date, etc.

The header Title of the report is shown in a report.textBox, textBox1.  I want to dynamically change the Report title textBox1 at runtime to reflect the report that was selected by the user.

For example,

if the user picks the Sales by Rep report, then the Report1.textBox1 will display "Sales by Rep"

if the user picks the Sales by Date report, then the Report1.textBox1 will display "Sales by Date"

I'm not sure how to access the Report1.textBox1?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

 Thanks,

Jason

0
Jason

Rather than attempt to access the Report1.textBox1, just pass in a parameter and use that instead.  Simply assign the Report1.textBox1 value to be the incoming parameter value.

1.  In the report, define a report parameter to hold the incoming value.  Right-click outer bounds of report, select Report Parameters.

2.  In the textBox, set the Value to be Expression ->Parameters-> then set the name of the incoming parameter.

3.  In the report initialization code:

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter[] parms = new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter[2];

// Title parm
parms[0] = new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter("title", title);

// Revenue parm
parms[1] = new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter("salesTotal", total.ToString("C2"));

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(parms);

0
Jason

How does one load an Image on Crystal reports at run time, on the WEB form.
Hello guys, I am having problem to loada Image on to a report . I want to display a Image , depending on some parameter value at runtime. let mww know, Thanks in advance Nihar Images are a tough beast to deal with. The easiest solution is to add the image to your database and reference the table within your report. Then drag and drop the image field into the header record. However, no one likes to store their images in a database due to performance. If you only have a few images to store then this is fine and is definitely the best way to go. But if you have lots ...

First Time Report Viewer Question
I will post the code from my aspx page. I have two dropdownlists. When customer name changes it displays the list of Mixing Records for that customer. When I pick a new Mixing Record for that customer, the ReportViewer doesn't change. I thought I would go into ddlMixingRecord_SelectedIndexChanged and be able to say something like ReportViewer1.Bind().....but I don't see any reference to ReportViewer1. Can some give me a quick idea on how to change (refresh) the ReportViewer to match the dropdownlists. <body> <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div ...

Dynamic web image value in report
Hi, I'm still in my ASP/SQL infancy so please bare with me. I'm using SQL Server 2005 with reporting services. I have a report that is based off of one record in my database depending on a parameter.  What I want to do is have an web-based image on that report that is unique to that record.  The image's value (url) would need to change based on which record is selected.  I have not been able to find a way to do this.  Is there a way to store this image value (url) in a field of the database and have report server look at that field's value f...

Run time crystal report change
Hello Friends, i have  generate dynamic crystal report,but in the report one column is not visible , so i want to change page setting to landscape at run time.Thanks in advancef You can change it runtime. See below link, it is helpful for you http://dotnet-naresh.blogspot.com/ThanksNaresh Prakash.Click Here : Sky is the not limitDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers. Hi,You can use the following code to dynamically make the rep...

Possible to change currency on report during run-time?
Hi all, I am using Crystal Reports 10 with ASP.NET 1.1.  I am developing a report that will run across different databases for various countries. I am planning to use the same report for all countries for consistency and easy-maintenance. Is it possible to change the Crystal Report's currency (or Locale) so te US report will show "$" next to dollar amount, and other symbols for different countries? Thanks,JoelThanks,JL I think you better define in your databse in what Currency you use in every country, and when you load the dataset to report you dont need to dill wih it. beside t...

Generating crystal report dynamically in web form
Hi to allI want to generate crystal report at run time through dataset filled by a query. can anyone tell me how can i generate it at runtime. I hav done following coding but it produces a blank report.  Dim str As String        Dim cr As New Card        Dim da As New SqlDataAdapter        Dim cmd As New SqlCommand        Dim ds As New DataSet        str = "select RID,Name,Dob,Address,Phno,Mob,Email,Courseid from...

How to add textboxes dynamically to SSRS Report through .Net
I want to add Textboxs to SSRS Report using through coding dynamically and one more doubt can we create Report Header, Body, Footer through .Net. Thanks in advance, There are two samples on http://gotreportviewer.com/ for Table and Matrix report. See right side bar "Generate RDLC dynamically - Table" and "Generate RDLC dynamically - Matrix" samples. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Thanks alot .....Thats a very good application it helps me in solving my problem some extent... and&nbs...

Displaying Loading Image Over The Crystal Report + Changing Report PageOrientation At The Time Of Print
 Hi, I Want To Put an Animated GIF Image Over The Crystal Report Means At The Center Of The Report When The Report is Loading And That I have To Do In Asp.Net 2.0 I Saw Matt Berth Ajax Article The Dynamic Loading Image Over The GridView But That Not Working. Plz Help Me With That. And I Have 1 More Question I Have Set The  I Have The Set The Page Orientation Of Report Document To LandScape in Code Behind Of My Asp.net Page But When At The Time Of Print I Want That The Report Should Print in Portrait Mode So Give Me Something That I Can Get Help. Show Me Some Sample Code ...

Stimulsoft Reports.Web report generator for Web released
  Normal 0 false false false RU X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 ...

Dynamic Reporting in Crystal Reports
Hi guys,i am developing a report that is generated from dynamic Datasource ,the report document has just 1 report group/table but the fields are unknown and they should be driven from datasource is there any solution/refrence that u guys suggest in this case? thanx-----------------Dont Forget to mark "Is answer" if the post was helpfulthanx BlueBoy...

Dynamic Report by Crystal report
Hi, I want to dynamiclly generate report. I know I can use dataset and using several rpt file. I want to generate dynamiclly report not define several rpt file and set crystalReportViewer to one of them! Can I dynamiclly build rpt or add field to rpt file or use reportDocument directly (not loading rpt on it)? Suppose you want to write a general class that get a table and the returen a reportDocument which can be used in CrystalReportViewer. How can you do that?...

How to navigate report with dynamic report
I have a report where all the report and all subreports are loaded dynamically through datasets.  I've noticed that whne I try to navigate records it asks me for parameters.  So i realize the postbacks are wiping out everything like they should.  I am now saving the four parameters I have to Session variable since they are small strings.  However, I have 8 subreports each with its own dataset that could contain lots of data.  Do I really have to save each one to a session variable in order to save the report and allow navigation/printing or is there a better way?...

Web resources about - Report :: Dynamically change TextBox value in Report at Run-Time - asp.net.web-forms

iPhone 5 A6 chip to dynamically up-clock up to 1.3GHz (and downclock too)?
Interesting video from our friends at TLDToday: If this is not just a Geekbench app glitch, it could indicate why that A6 processor is so 2X ...

iPhone 5 Lightning port dynamically reassigns pins
... of Apple's Lightning USB cable shows that the pins on the plug aren't arranged symmetrically, suggesting that the Lightning port can dynamically ...